The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

(PC NA) EP OVERPOPULATION! Need more ep players to reroll.

Prince_of_all_Pugs
Prince_of_all_Pugs
✭✭✭✭✭
EP is too damn over populated, we need more players to reroll to different factions. Zenimax cant help us with this issue so we must help our selves. I can Understand that EP on PC is the best faction to play as (most friendly towards each other, most pvp guilds, ep works together if the tick is high enough, etc). but we gotta fix this guys.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EP is too damn over populated, we need more players to reroll to different factions. Zenimax cant help us with this issue so we must help our selves. I can Understand that EP on PC is the best faction to play as (most friendly towards each other, most pvp guilds, ep works together if the tick is high enough, etc). but we gotta fix this guys.

I believe every faction has enough players to compete between each other. AD and DC are simply less organized. They need to go seek the information they need to get better, and also train better raid leaders from what I understood.

Yes I agree that EP has more stability and can relay much easier on having players online 24/7 but we have witness countless times in the past AD or DC coming strong at random times with huge numbers. Why aren't they stable? I don't know. AD and DC seem to have a ton of people on other campaigns. If you ask them, their excuse is most likely going to be, I cannot fight in Vivec, it's too laggy. I believe the real issue is they died too much while lagging and decided to go play somewhere else.

All factions suffer from poor performances the same way.

EP has had the momentum for 3 campaigns straight. I am sure when AD and DC can rely on better guilds like they once could (No Mercy, Alacrity), the players will be more willing to play by their side.

Again, I am confident that the potential is there, some people just have to man up and get organized and seek the information they are missing to adjust to the current state of the game.
    Edited by frozywozy on July 19, 2018 12:29PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, I've been playing EP on PC/NA Vivec since it started, and on Trueflame and Haderus before that. I've been EP, win or lose.

Other players, especially cross-faction players and bandwagon EP, feel free to switch if that's what you want to do. But I'll be staying with EP, win or lose.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can’t seriously expect manly Nords named Ragnar Grey-Mane and Morrowind cosplayers with elaborate Telvanni backstories to reroll as elves, cats, or brown people.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    You can’t seriously expect manly Nords named Ragnar Grey-Mane and Morrowind cosplayers with elaborate Telvanni backstories to reroll as elves, cats, or brown people.

woah there, let's not forget about the Argonian furries scalies that make up 35% of EP

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every night on PC NA vivek, all the populations are locked. DC and AD need to find a better excuse than all the bad players jump to EP. If EP has so many terribad bandwagon hoppers, they should not win.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah DC and AD should just reroll EP so we can stand in a giant circle and sing kumbya.

Wont that be fun........?
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every night on PC NA vivek, all the populations are locked. DC and AD need to find a better excuse than all the bad players jump to EP. If EP has so many terribad bandwagon hoppers, they should not win.

Just curious, whats your Queue time on EP at nights?

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

I normally get into cyro at the start of primetime within about 5m
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The truth is there is a gap between the Oceanic and NA times when EP is often pop locked against med AD and DC. This can vary but that is the time when EP takes the control. Of course, there are many timeframes when the pop are equal but EP has the biggest pop over the 24 hours cycle. EP didn´t suddenly come so good that they lead the campaigns by thousands of points in the early stages. Fact.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Weeknights pretty quick, usually 5-10 minutes at most. A decent chance at immediate.

Weekends It can get lengthy.
    Edited by Joy_Division on July 19, 2018 10:53PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You might want to talk to the AD on Shor who "daycap" every day and ask them to come to Vivec.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's nothing wrong with population balances, just population quality.
  • raks200b16_ESO
    raks200b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I seen so far quite a few AD players, that are now playing EP, would be nice they come back to AD.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah they're not needed. AD has a few EP rerolls as well and they will actually play the map.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What does it matter anyways? Not like we can have more in our population than AD or DC can when we're all locked. I played DC and AD a few weekends back and was still hitting a 40-50 queue for each faction on weekends. EP's goes to 80. So, yes, there are more EP players who want to play in primetime, but does that mean if all three alliances are poplocked across the board that we suddenly have 80 extra players? No.

Stop giving people crap about playing their preferred alliance.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Altercator
    Altercator
    ✭✭✭
    EP is overpop for most of the time. Part of the problem is also DC and AD nonstop fighting for second place instead of taking the fight to EP.
    Edited by Altercator on July 20, 2018 6:43PM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same on Xbox NA vivec

Ep queue during primetime 100+
    Ad instant queue
    Dc maybe 20 or 30
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What does it matter anyways? Not like we can have more in our population than AD or DC can when we're all locked. I played DC and AD a few weekends back and was still hitting a 40-50 queue for each faction on weekends. EP's goes to 80. So, yes, there are more EP players who want to play in primetime, but does that mean if all three alliances are poplocked across the board that we suddenly have 80 extra players? No.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Millennial Translation:

This is a line from Hamlet, a Shakespere play written before the advent of Justin Bieber and avocado toast. Most people read the book in high school. A book is like an iPad made from paper.

The line is expressing Queen Gertrude's belief that another character is over-emoting to cover up a sense of guilt. Think of it as using tons of :heart: emojis to express excitement for your friend's birthday, when really you're still pissed that they didn't like the selfie you posted with a Beyond Burger on Insta yesterday.

The phrase is used in everyday speech to indicate doubt in someone's sincerity, especially where you suspect they are guilty of the behaviour or acts they protest against. In this example, the lady plays in a blob group in a blob alliance, and has become overly defensive of the characterization of that alliance as "over-populated".

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because someone who plays only dc since the start of the game I can say I’ve not ran into a queue longer then 10 in quite sometime. It is usually only one hour of the night on a weekend as well.

Now you say locked is locked but that’s not true. There is locked and you can still get in and there is locked and you can’t. Then you throw in off hours and it gets even worse.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because someone who plays only dc since the start of the game I can say I’ve not ran into a queue longer then 10 in quite sometime. It is usually only one hour of the night on a weekend as well.

Now you say locked is locked but that’s not true. There is locked and you can still get in and there is locked and you can’t. Then you throw in off hours and it gets even worse.

So basically, you are,talking about when EP is poplocked with a queue, and DC is poplocked with no queue, and therefore EP has more players in Cyrodiil? If thats what's happening, yeah, EP has more players. Namely, however many DC would need to have a queue start up for DC. We don't know how many that is, nor is there any way to tell without someone checking if there's a queue or not on both sides. ZOS won't release the numbers (for obvious reasons).

But if both populations have a queue, the number of players in Cyrodiil is equal. It doesn't matter if EP has a queue of 40 and DC has a queue of 10, there's the same number of players in Cyrodiil.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Population is monitored and low pop granted if there is a disparity. So far as I know only DC has ever had low pop bonus on Vivec recently yet still manages to come 2nd quite comfortably.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when did locked ever mean anything? thats probably the most ignorant excuse from a player who has supposedly played this game for a long time i have ever seen.Locked means absolutely nothing, I can get back into cyro mid primetime with no que all the way up to a 5 man que on dc. Whats that ep que again? you know the number everyone who plays ep in this thread hasnt responded to yet because its astronomical every day
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC does seem unorganized and it attracts EP and AD to farm. I give all the credit in the world to the DC who try to get focus going b cause we are all terrible listeners and Zerg surfers doing our own thing
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Weeknights pretty quick, usually 5-10 minutes at most. A decent chance at immediate.

Lengthy? I tired tonight to get on an EP toon and the queue was 142. DC's was 10. Yes, 2 digits. It was TEN ppl. I put out the idea of "perception" in another thread, but now I have to recant that completely. There truly are way too many EP VS. any other faction in the game. This was on Vivec btw on a Friday night. EP also had 3 bars pop at the time on Shor. IDK about Sotha I never play there.

Point is, some EP could move and try to even out the pops, but we all know it's human nature these days to not give a "bleep" about your fellow man in this or any other MMO. It's all about me, me, me. So, to ease the pain of moving, ZoS needs to finally make it so you can create a max level toon with the stipulation that you have one already. Make it only a perk with ESO plus, IDC, this would make the transition easier for those that hate having to level toons like I do. Theres plenty of other options, but as we know, ZoS does not care about PvP.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So basically, you are,talking about when EP is poplocked with a queue, and DC is poplocked with no queue, and therefore EP has more players in Cyrodiil? If thats what's happening, yeah, EP has more players. Namely, however many DC would need to have a queue start up for DC. We don't know how many that is, nor is there any way to tell without someone checking if there's a queue or not on both sides. ZOS won't release the numbers (for obvious reasons).

But if both populations have a queue, the number of players in Cyrodiil is equal. It doesn't matter if EP has a queue of 40 and DC has a queue of 10, there's the same number of players in Cyrodiil.

Ya know, one would think that. But honestly, having played both factions, I just don't know anymore. There isn't enough battles on the map to support both factions having the same exact amount of people while pop locked. I'm sorry, there just isn't. There can't be that many DC out there and not even running into them other than large battles. It just doesn't add up.

"The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    there is nothing wrong with EP.

This is a LARGE SCALE GROUP PVP game.

It's your fault for engaging groups when you don't have enough numbers

When you get rolled over by a 50 man group and instantly die it's most likely a gameplay issue.

EP wins because they're good, if EP wasn't good how would they win campaigns? Winning campaigns means you're good.

I get 1vXed by those elitist type players who run meta builds but it doesn't matter because I know how to put points on the scoreboard and thats what makes you good at PvP.

If people want arenas they should go to battlegrounds.
    Edited by Joshlenoir on July 21, 2018 6:05AM
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    there is nothing wrong with EP.

This is a LARGE SCALE GROUP PVP game.

It's your fault for engaging groups when you don't have enough numbers

When you get rolled over by a 50 man group and instantly die it's most likely a gameplay issue.

EP wins because they're good, if EP wasn't good how would they win campaigns? Winning campaigns means you're good.

I get 1vXed by those elitist type players who run meta builds but it doesn't matter because I know how to put points on the scoreboard and thats what makes you good at PvP.

If people want arenas they should go to battlegrounds.

Seems like calling most other people they don't even know as "skillless trash zerglings" is fun among some egomaniacs. If belittling anyone who plays anything but solo/small scale in your own perfect world helps you sleep at night go for it.

What a sad punk, lol.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »

Lengthy? I tired tonight to get on an EP toon and the queue was 142. DC's was 10. Yes, 2 digits. It was TEN ppl. I put out the idea of "perception" in another thread, but now I have to recant that completely. There truly are way too many EP VS. any other faction in the game. This was on Vivec btw on a Friday night. EP also had 3 bars pop at the time on Shor. IDK about Sotha I never play there.

Point is, some EP could move and try to even out the pops, but we all know it's human nature these days to not give a "bleep" about your fellow man in this or any other MMO. It's all about me, me, me. So, to ease the pain of moving, ZoS needs to finally make it so you can create a max level toon with the stipulation that you have one already. Make it only a perk with ESO plus, IDC, this would make the transition easier for those that hate having to level toons like I do. Theres plenty of other options, but as we know, ZoS does not care about PvP.

Yeah, some could. And after the warm, welcoming reception from the many the "die-hard" and "loyal" DC players telling them to take their traitor #$%@ back to EP and do various things that are not anatomically possible, they'd feel better about "playing" the game waiting in q spot 143.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    Point is, some EP could move and try to even out the pops, but we all know it's human nature these days to not give a "bleep" about your fellow man in this or any other MMO. It's all about me, me, me.

Faction loyalists on DC and AD throw tons of grief at people who have characters on multiple factions. Maybe an attitude check is in order? Because I honestly never want to go back to DC.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altercator wrote: »
    EP is overpop for most of the time. Part of the problem is also DC and AD nonstop fighting for second place instead of taking the fight to EP.

He's right. AD and DC have resigned themselves to fighting it out for 2nd place. It is a hard fact to swallow. As a Hardcore DC Ball group, I can tell you it sucks. I want to fight EP and make them not be first, but AD is always on us (like they should be)

DC lacks guilds and organization. We have 3 competitive ball groups, but we seldom play on the same days.
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall