The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Alliances are unbalanced

• Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mikecrci wrote: »
    Daggerfall Forever. I don't care if I'm the only player. It is the best alliance.

I am also DC only. Sadly sometimes it feels also like the only DC :smile:
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »
    I mean does it really matter when you got 40 DC defending a keep and 37 of them are light attacking from up top?

That's actually AD's specialty. From stealth.

QFT.

*has flashbacks of getting stealth ganked by a coordinated group of 10+ AD*
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unit117 wrote: »
    The alliances need to be rebalanced. The populations should be fairly close between the three in cyrodil, but there’s way to much Ebon heart and then never any daggerfall on. Between how unfair the battles are and crashes in cyrodil. Y’all may need to rework your entire campaign system to something that works and balances better.

and its the exact same with EP on vivec for most of the day until 18:30 pm - 12pm its not faction exclusive its happening for one or more factions across both servers.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Xai_Zi
    Xai_Zi
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »
    I mean does it really matter when you got 40 DC defending a keep and 37 of them are light attacking from up top?

You mean spamming javelin? XP
    Edited by Xai_Zi on July 17, 2018 8:53PM
    Frequent target of racially motivated censoring by mods.
  • Xai_Zi
    Xai_Zi
    ✭✭✭
    The alliances need to be rebalanced. The populations should be fairly close between the three in cyrodil, but there’s way to much Ebon heart and then never any daggerfall on. Between how unfair the battles are and crashes in cyrodil. Y’all may need to rework your entire campaign system to something that works and balances better.

I'd be down to play on DC, when my guild doesn't have a group going. But I can't be bothered to level a new character and all the guild skill lines. If I could buy a fully leveled character, or swap a character's faction, then I'd play DC a bit and I'm sure others would as well, instead of waiting in that fat 100 man EP weekend queue.
    Frequent target of racially motivated censoring by mods.
  • Theodard
    Theodard
    ✭✭✭
    Well, yes, but that just means the EP population lock is full of bandwagon hopping PUGs who trend the type that stands under oil at Alessia front door rather than think for themselves and actually be good at the game.

Joy, you know full and well we're allowed to lick the front door of Alessia once then move to mine or farm side. Once in a great while we're allowed to lick the front door once, then go lumber but that's a special occasion.
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos needs to encourage filling up losing factions. Add better low pop bonus, such as reevaluating every 10 minutes instead of hours or 10% additional ap bonus per bar difference for lower pop factions.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gp1680 wrote: »
    I’m not sure what platform and server you’re on, but right now two things are contributing to low pops on Xbox Vivec NA. EP is running away with the campaign, so motivation for other alliances are low. On top of that, Cyrodiil is broken af right now and even if you wanted to play, you freeze every ten minutes. Makes for miserable PVP right now.

I play that server and it’s not just this campaign. It’s been bad like this for months

We were dominant in Shor until a couple of weeks ago when the freezing started.

Overall DC tends to be much more competitive in Shor and Sotha Sil on XBox NA.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    It's blatantly obvious why EP has a gigantic population over everyone else:

Skyrim.

1/3rd of the EP population is a Nord DK with some Viking inspired name.

Well, yes, but that just means the EP population lock is full of bandwagon hopping PUGs who trend the type that stands under oil at Alessia front door rather than think for themselves and actually be good at the game.

Alessia's front door is Tamriel's one-stop shop for fried-in-siege-oil/baked-in-coldfire potatoes.

Mmm, tasty.

What is it with Alessia that PuGs always try to front door the place? Doesn't matter what alliance, either.

This is a pet peeve of mine too.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theodard wrote: »

Joy, you know full and well we're allowed to lick the front door of Alessia once then move to mine or farm side. Once in a great while we're allowed to lick the front door once, then go lumber but that's a special occasion.

Good point.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've recently leveled a new EP character for NA/Vivec. There might be some perception issues that people just can't grasp unless you try playing on another faction. In my own experience, the EP faction listens to the zone chat. They come together much faster and argue WAY freaking less than my original faction.

Someone says a keep is gonna be lit? At least 20 EP show up. If it's on my other faction? 20 people argue in zone chat on wether it's worth going to that keep, or they're so embroiled in a pointless outpost, that they continue to lose home keeps. I'll end up going there seeing less than 10 defenders show up and the keep is lost.

People on my original faction have to beg constantly for others to get to key points on the map. I have no idea what others are doing. One might think "this faction is just about AP farming and having fun". Ok, I can understand that. But dying over and over only to lose the fight for an outpost, or trying to outlast defenders over a Keep's front door (the only hole made in the keep mind you) has gotten extremely aggravating after 4 years. If the pugs of a faction can't just listen and figure out that others with more exp. are trying to steer them to victory? Then all you have is a mass of dead weight. You can have fun, get AP, and still care about your fellow faction mates while playing the map.

The other 2 factions (as of this writing) are trying a bit harder this campaign. EP was in 3rd place last night. I don't really care if they end up that way. What I do care about is a faction that works as if RP'ing and we got each other's back. Heck, I've seen pugs toss up siege shields for me on EP. Only happens for the guilds on rams in my other faction. /shakes head. This kind of play is why some factions seem to have more people, but in essence? They are willing to work more with each other. Unlike my original faction.

All of this while all 3 factions are pop locked. I'm really thinking it's more perception and not as much faction imbalance anymore =/
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    I've recently leveled a new EP character for NA/Vivec. There might be some perception issues that people just can't grasp unless you try playing on another faction. In my own experience, the EP faction listens to the zone chat. They come together much faster and argue WAY freaking less than my original faction.

Someone says a keep is gonna be lit? At least 20 EP show up. If it's on my other faction? 20 people argue in zone chat on wether it's worth going to that keep, or they're so embroiled in a pointless outpost, that they continue to lose home keeps. I'll end up going there seeing less than 10 defenders show up and the keep is lost.

People on my original faction have to beg constantly for others to get to key points on the map. I have no idea what others are doing. One might think "this faction is just about AP farming and having fun". Ok, I can understand that. But dying over and over only to lose the fight for an outpost, or trying to outlast defenders over a Keep's front door (the only hole made in the keep mind you) has gotten extremely aggravating after 4 years. If the pugs of a faction can't just listen and figure out that others with more exp. are trying to steer them to victory? Then all you have is a mass of dead weight. You can have fun, get AP, and still care about your fellow faction mates while playing the map.

The other 2 factions (as of this writing) are trying a bit harder this campaign. EP was in 3rd place last night. I don't really care if they end up that way. What I do care about is a faction that works as if RP'ing and we got each other's back. Heck, I've seen pugs toss up siege shields for me on EP. Only happens for the guilds on rams in my other faction. /shakes head. This kind of play is why some factions seem to have more people, but in essence? They are willing to work more with each other. Unlike my original faction.

All of this while all 3 factions are pop locked. I'm really thinking it's more perception and not as much faction imbalance anymore =/

EP PUGs are the best PUGs.

Except when they're licking the door at Alessia instead of doing something useful, but there will always be some potato in EP.

From everything I've heard and seen, EP PUGs are more likely to have siege, to drop camps, rez allies, and be able to handle organized ball groups.

Vets put a lot of effort into teaching on EP side as well.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In my own experience, the EP faction listens to the zone chat. They come together much faster and argue WAY freaking less than my original faction.

You can say it. DC. This is so DC.

Edited by anadandy on July 18, 2018 7:14PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EP can argue and potato, but usually once EP gets pushed hard, people rally.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did it ever occur to you the reason you can ask in EP chat and get 20 people at a keep is because they have 20 extra people to zerg that keep? Cause when I see all of DC st a keep defending and you and 2 other 20man ep groups running around hitting something else you can’t do much.
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA Vivec DC for months has been a vocal group arguing about whoes DC guild is the best and encouraging people they don't like to leave.

From what I hear most of them have left now. I did. Now DC complains about faction balance and calls those who were harassed into leaving faction hoppers.

I like it on EP, it's nice. I'm glad AD has stepped up their game, I can focus on EP toons. I got a ton of DC pve characters now.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

Did it ever occur to you the reason you can ask in EP chat and get 20 people at a keep is because they have 20 extra people to zerg that keep? Cause when I see all of DC st a keep defending and you and 2 other 20man ep groups running around hitting something else you can’t do much.

If all factions are locked, then tell me where your other 2 20 man groups are? Picking their noses at Ash or Chal gate? How about endlessly trying to take Roe thru the front door, and ONLY the front door? Maybe they're at the bridge trying to farm AP off AD and EP? I could argue IC, but there seriously isn't enough of ANY faction there to account for it during prime time. So...they are there in Cyro, SOMEwhere. Just not where they are needed.

DC tends to react to burst keeps, rather than being proactive with the zerg. The DC zerg won't even go to a keep unless it's already burst and they aren't busy doing the pointless stuff I already mentioned.
    Edited by Dreyloch on July 19, 2018 1:03AM
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edired for clarity.
    There are no other 'two 20 person groups' on DC when i play.

The have been No queues on NA PC DC longer than 20 for months. Most days i log straight in. Weekends prime i wait 10 minutes max. So there is no option to fight at 2 locations most times.

When there is alleged pop lock (with no wait time ?!) half the names in zone are names I fought on the other 2 factions an hour ago. Which wouldn't be a problem EXCEPT these faction flippers in zone deliberately spam zone chat and troll the few DC trying to coordinate attacks thru zone chat. They just Argue with them. And then we have PubScip wittering endlessly about who know what.

The 2 guilds that try to recruit thru zone in NA PC peak time end up full of flippers who ignore leaders, blatantly stop to type our locations/strategies, potatoe at bleaks rather than going deep to take rss. After a while pug leaders stop recruiting thru zone or trying to coordinate in public and just do guild runs. Then new players on DC just become heavy attack jacks at the back or try to seige a keep wall with scattershot or they just stealth and leech because no one is willing to take them in and train them to do otherwise.

People like to play the winning side. Some people even get more pleasure trolling 'losers' than actually fighting them. Until AP is not rewarded at same rate unless some loyalty is demonstrated this will just keep happening.

I would like to see faction loyalty to losing factions rewarded so the longer you stay logged in to the bottom faction the greater the AP multiplier or the better the rewards for the worthy. Then the flippers might actually fight rather than afk pop lock or troll.

I agree FOTM classes also affect race choice for many newer players who don't have any race any alliance. The passives for sorcs =high elf =AD. And of course Skyrim = EP. But the main problem is human nature.
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on July 19, 2018 1:58AM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    No queues on NA PC DC longer than 20 for months. So no option to fight at 2 locations most times. When there is pop lock half the names in zone are names you fought on the other 2 factions an hour ago. Which wouldn't be a problem EXCEPT these faction flippers in zone deliberately spam zone chat and troll the few DC trying to coordinate attacks thru chat.

The 2 guilds that try to recruit thru zone in NA PC peak time end up full of flippers who ignore leaders, blatantly stop to type our locations/strategies and after a while pug leaders stop recruiting thru zone or trying to coordinate in public.

Kill an @name on AD or EP I see them on DC at Glade typing typing typing. Even when allegedly in a DC group.
    You have a whole map to make a location to fight at. I get bored and pop Bruma or an enemy resource all the time. More often than not to only get zerged down but hey, it's usually fun until the 6 pugs all wearing sloads show up.

No one is spying. The difference between EP and DC is when a call out is made to hit something in EP, pugs go. In DC it usually starts and argument. EP knows which keeps should be hit before others and most of the time can be encouraged to hit the correct side of the keep, bleaks maybe the exception.

When I got in to playing Cyrodil regularly, that was DC. They also won 3 campaigns in a row. That DC is gone. They didn't all move to EP. They got tired of the drama.

And seriously, it's 2018, if someone was spying why would they be typing? Any guild organized enough to get someone to waste their time spying would use discord.
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    barshemm wrote: »
    No queues on NA PC DC longer than 20 for months. So no option to fight at 2 locations most times. When there is pop lock half the names in zone are names you fought on the other 2 factions an hour ago. Which wouldn't be a problem EXCEPT these faction flippers in zone deliberately spam zone chat and troll the few DC trying to coordinate attacks thru chat.

The 2 guilds that try to recruit thru zone in NA PC peak time end up full of flippers who ignore leaders, blatantly stop to type our locations/strategies and after a while pug leaders stop recruiting thru zone or trying to coordinate in public.

Kill an @name on AD or EP I see them on DC at Glade typing typing typing. Even when allegedly in a DC group.
    You have a whole map to make a location to fight at. I get bored and pop Bruma or an enemy resource all the time. More often than not to only get zerged down but hey, it's usually fun until the 6 pugs all wearing sloads show up.

No one is spying. The difference between EP and DC is when a call out is made to hit something in EP, pugs go. In DC it usually starts and argument. EP knows which keeps should be hit before others and most of the time can be encouraged to hit the correct side of the keep, bleaks maybe the exception.

When I got in to playing Cyrodil regularly, that was DC. They also won 3 campaigns in a row. That DC is gone. They didn't all move to EP. They got tired of the drama.

And seriously, it's 2018, if someone was spying why would they be typing? Any guild organized enough to get someone to waste their time spying would use discord.

1. I get zerged down at every rss take too. Unfortunately it happens all the time...20 plus turn up at every rss and that gets tedious when soloing or running a small group. The other week peak oceanic time every active player stood at glade. There were 20 there. Not a lot you can do with 20 v 60 plus 40. But yeah, go right ahead and tell me to solo a rss against 30 players.
    2. 'No one is spying? LOL I know people who happily spy for our side and telll us the other faction's movements. is extremely common on DC to join an open pug group 'have no comms' and disappear again after the pug group is wiped repeatedly at some back RSS. They get kicked and then the opposition zergs mysteriously can't find us. But I guess that's a coincidence that occurs daily.. It's not a problem except when vastly out numbered and trying 'play on the huge map' suddenly 2 zergs from AD and EP turn up at an obscure resource. You are either naive or. don't play off peak.
    3. I Played DC in those days too. Had a break for 6 months and came back to this dog's breakfast. Have no idea whet drama you are referring to but until guilds can recruit effectively thru zone and new leaders are developed, it isn't going to change. PuGs win by outnumbering the opposition. Something EP has been doing for months. It isn't that EP are special or well coordinated, much as you would like to think so, It is simply 60 -70 people can win over 10-20 even if the 60 have half spamming snipe, sloads and light attacks.
    4. 'typing' because they are spamming zone chat to disrupt. FYI can't use discord in zone chat. LOL. Which was my point. Hence the edit.
    5. Glad you are happy after faction flipping to the winning side though. Kind of proves my point about human nature.
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. I get zerged down at every rss take too. Unfortunately it happens all the time...20 plus turn up at every rss and that gets tedious when soloing or running a small group. The other week peak oceanic time every active player stood at glade. There were 20 there. Not a lot you can do with 20 v 60 plus 40. But yeah, go right ahead and tell me to solo a rss against 30 players.
    2. 'No one is spying? LOL I know people who happily spy for our side and telll us the other faction's movements. is extremely common on DC to join an open pug group 'have no comms' and disappear again after the pug group is wiped repeatedly at some back RSS. They get kicked and then the opposition zergs mysteriously can't find us. But I guess that's a coincidence that occurs daily.. It's not a problem except when vastly out numbered and trying 'play on the huge map' suddenly 2 zergs from AD and EP turn up at an obscure resource. You are either naive or. don't play off peak.
    3. I Played DC in those days too. Had a break for 6 months and came back to this dog's breakfast. Have no idea whet drama you are referring to but until guilds can recruit effectively thru zone and new leaders are developed, it isn't going to change. PuGs win by outnumbering the opposition. Something EP has been doing for months. It isn't that EP are special or well coordinated, much as you would like to think so, It is simply 60 -70 people can win over 10-20 even if the 60 have half spamming snipe, sloads and light attacks.
    4. 'typing' because they are spamming zone chat to disrupt. FYI can't use discord in zone chat. LOL. Which was my point. Hence the edit.
    5. Glad you are happy after faction flipping to the winning side though. Kind of proves my point about human nature.

You should really play EP sometimes.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭

1. I get zerged down every resource take too. Maybe that's why you're outnumbered, DC is too busy zerging small scale getting their Xv1 instead of playing the map.
    2. I play off peak, I guess you play after prime, I play before. I play when DC has the giant mega 40+ Zerg raid known as IA who will chase a solo EP across the map to kill them.
    3. Sounds like a time slot problem. AD and DC have their timeslots where they outnumber the other factions too. Welcome to 24x7 pvp. Prime time factions get locked. You're asking for changes because YOUR timeslots favors EP? Be careful what you ask for because that means your DC Zerg will get balanced too and believe me, they can only win with numbers.
    4. Your post read like they we're typing to the other faction.
    5. I left because of drama. I actually tried AD first but didn't like it, tried EP and found a good home. AD won the campaign I switched. Don't assume.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The 2 guilds that try to recruit thru zone in NA PC peak time end up full of flippers who ignore leaders, blatantly stop to type our locations/strategies, potatoe at bleaks rather than going deep to take rss. After a while pug leaders stop recruiting thru zone or trying to coordinate in public and just do guild runs. Then new players on DC just become heavy attack jacks at the back or try to seige a keep wall with scattershot or they just stealth and leech because no one is willing to take them in and train them to do otherwise.

2 advices for players in general :

- If you are a new player who want to improve, open the leaderboard of your faction, sort by class and pick yours, then whisper the top10 until you find people online. Start with specific questions regarding builds. When you see them out there on the battlefield, follow them around and heal / rez when needed. Later on, you can ask if their guild is recruiting. I did that the first month after the game got released looking at highest alliance ranks for the time being. Oniric gladly answered a few questions and introduced me to Vokundein, a guild I am still a proud member of today.

- If you are an active guild leader and are looking to help your faction, try to spot solo players you see out there on a regular basis that perform well and ask them if they are looking for a group. As a raid leader myself, I believe this is the best way to keep your guild rolling because eventually, most players leave because of the bad performances and you have to replace them with fresh blood. Keep an eye on active players roaming solo and introduce them to your group, see if they're interested.

Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

If all factions are locked, then tell me where your other 2 20 man groups are? Picking their noses at Ash or Chal gate? How about endlessly trying to take Roe thru the front door, and ONLY the front door? Maybe they're at the bridge trying to farm AP off AD and EP? I could argue IC, but there seriously isn't enough of ANY faction there to account for it during prime time. So...they are there in Cyro, SOMEwhere. Just not where they are needed.

DC tends to react to burst keeps, rather than being proactive with the zerg. The DC zerg won't even go to a keep unless it's already burst and they aren't busy doing the pointless stuff I already mentioned.

Define locked? Because there is locked and you can get in, and Locked and you have a 100 person queue.

Cause i'll tell you which one DC is most of the time, and its not the second one.

• bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    @idk I’m talking about Xbox vivec

That is all well and good but the statement still holds. It would be a poor mechanism to reduce the total population in Cyrodiil because one alliance is doing poorly or just has fewer interested in that campaign.

I agree and I'm on a losing alliance. I think the key is to make Chorrol and Cheydinhal also PvP objective towns with flags and Spawn points. This would make it so there is a flank enscape rout and Scroll run spawns for all factions.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bpmachete wrote: »

That is all well and good but the statement still holds. It would be a poor mechanism to reduce the total population in Cyrodiil because one alliance is doing poorly or just has fewer interested in that campaign.

I agree and I'm on a losing alliance. I think the key is to make Chorrol and Cheydinhal also PvP objective towns with flags and Spawn points. This would make it so there is a flank enscape rout and Scroll run spawns for all factions.

That's not going to sort the population unbalance which is the biggest issue not getting scrolls back ! Sunday on what is really the only campaign played on xbox Eu Ad where pop capped and the 2 other alliances had only 1 bar each, just how are you supposed to play like that
    Edited by White wabbit on July 24, 2018 2:42PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not going to sort the population unbalance which is the biggest issue not getting scrolls back

Fixing population imbalance is going to take having a bigger overall population which is going to take ZOS fixing the persistent performance issues plaguing PVP.

And since ZOS fixing the persistent performance issues is looking more and more like a pipe dream, I understand why people want to suggest all these little changes, but ultimately i agree that none of these little suggestions will fix the root of the problem.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's not going to sort the population unbalance which is the biggest issue not getting scrolls back

Fixing population imbalance is going to take having a bigger overall population which is going to take ZOS fixing the persistent performance issues plaguing PVP.

And since ZOS fixing the persistent performance issues is looking more and more like a pipe dream, I understand why people want to suggest all these little changes, but ultimately i agree that none of these little suggestions will fix the root of the problem.

I agree, but I think some of the little changes may end up making things worse for the under populated factions so m8ght be be best to leave as is , well until ZOS can fix the under line issue that is
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The performance issue and population imbalance are two different issues. Poor performance of Cyrodiil is more likely to have an equal effect on each alliance since I do not think it plays favorites.

Further, there will always be a population imbalance overall. Zos can tweak how points are scored and what the underdog gets but there will still be an imbalance. Over the long run there are some players that prefer going to the team that is winning because they are not the type to try to help lead their side to get better organized.

That is simply life.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The performance issue and population imbalance are two different issues. Poor performance of Cyrodiil is more likely to have an equal effect on each alliance since I do not think it plays favorites.

Further, there will always be a population imbalance overall. Zos can tweak how points are scored and what the underdog gets but there will still be an imbalance. Over the long run there are some players that prefer going to the team that is winning because they are not the type to try to help lead their side to get better organized.

That is simply life.

Thing is, the better performance is, the more players overall there are in Cyrodiil. The more players overall, the less you see massive swings in population when only one faction has lots of players logged on.

Performance issues don't play favorites, true. But Cyrodiil is designed for large scale, high population combat on an army v army v army scale. When there's a lowered population overall due to performance issues, population imbalances start to really show up and harm the campaigns.

In other words, I agree that people will always favor the winning team and there are other causes of population imbalance. I'm just arguing that because of persistent performance issues, the PVP population has dropped low enough that there's not enough players left to overcome or counter-balance those sources of population balance. If the population were higher because players could play consistently thanks to performance being fixed, the different factions could absorb those population imbalances much easier.