The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Flurry and another question ?

WeylandLabs
WeylandLabs
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't have access to the pts and my contact doesn't play anymore.

Flurry in Summerset pvp is missing enemy players a lot. As a DW PvP player for 2+ years it has never been this bad. I don't know if zos changed the coding or how it works in clueless. But the 0.6 channel that I apply misses a whole lot now, I usually hit them with the first attack and miss the rest. Shouldn't it apply all the hits if the cast was made successfully ?

Also in WH since they will change the time to sync with other abilities to a longer duration. If this is flawed or bugged right now this only will make things worse.

And am I the only person in PvP to still play with VMA DW weapons ? It's understandable I've been nerfed 6 times so maybe I should retire this build, or keep playing it. But sucks that with all the bugs and nerfs this happens to my playstyle.

Anyway some feedback would be great thanks.

Best Answer

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If your in CP, you shouldn't use flurry anyway, in another post people mentioned how it doesn't get affected by cp on the last 300% hit of the channel and how it only procs enchants off the main hand instead of the offhand too. I havn't tested. Just something I read. It's in a really bad place.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Answer ✓
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't it apply all the hits if the cast was made successfully ?

It always worked like this. Each tick is calculated separately. It's all about dodge mechanic.
    And am I the only person in PvP to still play with VMA DW weapons ? It's understandable I've been nerfed 6 times so maybe I should retire this build, or keep playing it. But sucks that with all the bugs and nerfs this happens to my playstyle.

What bugs do you mean? Not so long ago I used them, and I did not find any bugs.

Although after wd/sd bonus nerf, I rarely use them.
    Everything is viable
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback @Ladislao and @Marshall1289

As a post like this doesn't get enough attention to get looked at. I guess I have to try something else, or switch up my playing style. Until some kind of meta or overpreforming mechanic is introduced.

The bug I was saying is trying to hit players in PvP, I never had a problem until Summerset. And the range is getting nerfed also ? I been using DW in pvp since 2016, and seems like it's getting worse, cruel flurry been nerfed 6 times and into the ground.

My real enjoyment out of this game is finding different ways to counter other people builds and playstyles. Looks like i can't even do that now due to the basic understanding of flurry. Class Reps should understand this, but looks like the community picked kids and ex wow and lol players.

I couldn't agree more flurry has been in a bad place for a while now. Just wish ZOS could understand that if your trying to use it that not all players are test dummies.

As flurry the cast time is .06 sec but, the way your character moves and does the ability while casting it seems like -80% speed and then misses.

How to counter flurry right now ? " Sprint "

How to counter flurry in WH ? "Move faster than walking speed"
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback @Ladislao and @Marshall1289

As a post like this doesn't get enough attention to get looked at. I guess I have to try something else, or switch up my playing style. Until some kind of meta or overpreforming mechanic is introduced.

The bug I was saying is trying to hit players in PvP, I never had a problem until Summerset. And the range is getting nerfed also ? I been using DW in pvp since 2016, and seems like it's getting worse, cruel flurry been nerfed 6 times and into the ground.

My real enjoyment out of this game is finding different ways to counter other people builds and playstyles. Looks like i can't even do that now due to the basic understanding of flurry. Class Reps should understand this, but looks like the community picked kids and ex wow and lol players.

I couldn't agree more flurry has been in a bad place for a while now. Just wish ZOS could understand that if your trying to use it that not all players are test dummies.

As flurry the cast time is .06 sec but, the way your character moves and does the ability while casting it seems like -80% speed and then misses.

How to counter flurry right now ? " Sprint "

How to counter flurry in WH ? "Move faster than walking speed"

I don't agree that Flurry is in a bad place. Each of the spam abilities has its advantages and disadvantages. Among the advantages can be noted that this is the only DoT spam ability (except Puncturing Strikes) that perfectly burns tanks stamina and helps to proc various effects (like Skoria). Of course, this is a niche thing, but still more than useful.

So I would not wait for the buff of this ability. Instead, I would wait for the changes associated with VMA DW. Someday they will happen :)
    Everything is viable
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say buff, but at least bugfixes would be welcome (I mean the earlier-mentioned lack of off-hand enchant proc, and last strike not being affected by champion points). If those two are fixed, I think Flurry wouldn't be bad to use. For some (stamina DK) it's the only spammable out there, not counting the psijic line's Crushing Weapon, which is a little bit weird.
    Edited by John_Falstaff on July 20, 2018 11:49AM
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ladislao Been playing Stam sorc for 3 years and as a dot build for over 2+ years puncturing strikes is an box aoe dot compared to single target flurry its apples and oranges.

Flurrys radias is getting nerfed/matched doesn't understand PvP. If they nerf it, at least give me back the way cruel flurry worked before and " next single target damage over time effect," instead of ability.

Honestly I rarely see ppl in PvP using it. So it's understandable from a math or mechanic wise how or why people say this. But in all honesty my playstyle is unorthodox and extremely hard to counter and extremely hard to play.

Maybe il make a post about flurry to the class reps but I doubt they will say anything. They base there opinions on numbers and test dummies, not the way playing it in PvP.
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ladislao Been playing Stam sorc for 3 years and as a dot build for over 2+ years puncturing strikes is an box aoe dot compared to single target flurry its apples and oranges.

I've been playing stamsorc for 3 years and still have no access to Puncturing Strikes. So my the best and the only choice among DoT spam abilities is Flurry. That's all.
    Flurrys radias is getting nerfed/matched doesn't understand PvP.

Could you specify a specific patch in which this happened? Because I don't remember such changes and can't find them and don't even have such problems.

Honestly, it all looks like personal feelings, which, alas, shouldn't have anything to do with the balance. So I recommend putting together all your problems, testing them (preferably with evidence) and sending the information to the class reps (or right here). In the end, if ZOS are engaged in this ability, then most likely not in this PTS cycle.

Good luck :)
    Everything is viable