The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Swift Jewelry Drop Rates

Thrasher91604
Thrasher91604
✭✭✭✭✭
So I've have been doing daily master jewelry writs for a while now, and still no exemplary swift jewelry rewards.

Anyone have an idea on what the drop rate is?
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me same as you zero
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop rate is extremely low. I think the thought process was that some lucky few would find these items early and be able to supply others, either by selling copies or being supplied with the trait stone to make one. We were never meant to all find one naturally but instead to acquire one either through pure RNG luck from the writs or from another player.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    None for me yet either.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So doing max level daily writs is basically a waste of expensive platinum?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. You can do tier 1 and get surveys at a rate that seems the same as top tier writs. You will always get 5 pewter back (when you spend either 5 or 6) making it cost essentially no materials.
  • TheGr8David
    TheGr8David
    ✭✭✭

Is platinum expensive? I understand the dust might be, but I'm running with 2K+ platinum ounces, so the platinum writs are actually more cost effective for me than any of the others.
    PC-NA-EP

Argonian - StamDK - Tank - Leaves-Friends-Dead
    Orc - DK - Crafter - Burker

I saw the "I" yo! CHIM me baby!
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've gotten 3 doing the daily writs on 11 characters.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Gallagher563
    Gallagher563
    ✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

Over what period of time.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve been doing max level writs on 3 characters for awhile now and not received a single piece of Swift jewelry. Right now I’m working on maxing out my 4th character, but at this point I think I’ll hold off investing skill points because there is no real incentive. Chromium Grains rarely drop from max level writs as well.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found mine in a guild trader. Way less expensive than doing Jewelry Master Writs
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

Over what period of time.

Since a week after release date.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I found mine in a guild trader. Way less expensive than doing Jewelry Master Writs

Do you mean max level writs, @Nestor?
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get the swift rings from max level daily writs NOT master crafting writs. Right?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Do you mean max level writs, @Nestor?

@Taleof2Cities OP asked about doing Master Writs. If they want to talk about doing max level then they should have said that.

I know Swift is supposed to drop from max level writs, but getting to that level is still too expensive in time or money if your goal is to get a ring to research. Just buy the dang thing and que it up.

Although, the price may have climbed since I bought mine.

• cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just double checked the patch notes it just says doing daily jewelry writs not that you have to be level 50 for swift to drop
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten 1 in 4+ weeks of max level writs. So the rate is pretty low.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just double checked the patch notes it just says doing daily jewelry writs not that you have to be level 50 for swift to drop

Ot maybe that the max level give a higher chance. All i know is I have yet to get one and I have been doing JC Writs since they launched and have yet to see one

• Wolfenbelle
    Wolfenbelle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've leveled one character to max and am leveling two others, but I keep wondering what the point is. I already have all gold top tier set jewelry on my two main characters. True, you can craft jewelry for craftable sets now, but improving them to max seems an almost impossible dream. The only use I've found for JC so far is the ability to craft low level jewels for new characters I'm leveling. To answer the OP's question directly, nope I've not received a single piece of swift jewelry doing writs since the first day JC became available.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've gotten one swift ring in about 5 weeks.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did the daily writs on 1 char (~5 weeks) added a 2nd (~3 weeks) and the 3rd just hit 50 and haven't seen even one. The others are still low around 10-15, but I'll start leveling them at some point. I haven't rushed to train the skill on more characters since I've noticed that the grain quality & drop rate for tier 5 (platinum) writs aren't much better than tier 1 (pewter), and the latter is almost cost free, since the vast majority of the material is refunded. Most likely I will buy swift trait since it's the last I will research. On the other hand I've gotten quite a few Infused from those portals, but relatively few trait materials. I think they should actually reduce the drop rate for exemplary infused jewelry and increase it for Aurbic Amber.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience is doing daily writs each day on 5 to 10 characters since early access. One character was leveled to max and I’ve spent the skill points to craft the higher level jewelry. Reached top tier in a couple of weeks. I’ve been doing the max level daily writs on this one daily. I’ve leveled two more characters to 50 but haven’t spent the skill points. No swift rings. Only 3 gold grains.
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on July 20, 2018 6:34PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My experience is doing daily writs each day on 5 to 10 characters since early access. One character was leveled to max and I’ve spent the skill points to craft the higher level jewelry. Reached top tier in a couple of weeks. I’ve been doing the max level daily writs on this one daily. I’ve leveled two more characters to 50 but haven’t spent the skill points. No swift rings. Only 3 gold grains.

Exactly the same for me. As for gold grains, I only got 2 of them, both last week. One was from a tier 5, one was from a tier 1 writ.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Did the daily writs on 1 char (~5 weeks) added a 2nd (~3 weeks) and the 3rd just hit 50 and haven't seen even one. The others are still low around 10-15, but I'll start leveling them at some point. I haven't rushed to train the skill on more characters since I've noticed that the grain quality & drop rate for tier 5 (platinum) writs aren't much better than tier 1 (pewter), and the latter is almost cost free, since the vast majority of the material is refunded. Most likely I will buy swift trait since it's the last I will research. On the other hand I've gotten quite a few Infused from those portals, but relatively few trait materials. I think they should actually reduce the drop rate for exemplary infused jewelry and increase it for Aurbic Amber.

Please no! I've looted about 50 portals and not a single piece of infused jewelry. My spouse has looted about the same number, and he's already gotten dupes. He'd share with me, but we're on different platforms. :(

Not encouraged by what I'm reading about the drop rate for swift. Since I'm having no luck with infused, it'll be a while before I have all traits learned. I've got everything else, buying triune, bloodthirsty, and harmony (since I don't do that content). I'd rather not have to buy infused and swift as well.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I've have been doing daily master jewelry writs for a while now, and still no exemplary swift jewelry rewards.

Anyone have an idea on what the drop rate is?

Fortunately I got one for each necklace & ring . I think its very rare and very difficult to get.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on July 26, 2018 6:51PM
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and what drop rate did you experience? We need the denominator. The number of max level writs.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just have someone craft them for you for research, and save your Platinum for when they make the change so that Jewelry Writs ONLY drop Chromium Grains. As it stands, the jewelry writs are just a waste of materials.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Please no! I've looted about 50 portals and not a single piece of infused jewelry. My spouse has looted about the same number, and he's already gotten dupes. He'd share with me, but we're on different platforms. :(

Not encouraged by what I'm reading about the drop rate for swift. Since I'm having no luck with infused, it'll be a while before I have all traits learned. I've got everything else, buying triune, bloodthirsty, and harmony (since I don't do that content). I'd rather not have to buy infused and swift as well.

Have you maximized the skill line? I think they've stated that loot quality depends on psijic rank.

My experience has been that both jewelry and the trait material drop quite often, maybe 1/3 of the time. IMO they should be something like 5-10% for the exemplary jewelry and 50-80% for the trait material. It's clearly not just me. If I open up the MM graph it's basically a sharp drop in prices, indicating that people have gotten so much infused jewelry it has turned to junk. On the other hand the material is much trickier to find, and as a result prices are still high. Just check on your server and you'll see. This clearly makes no sense.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 4 days of master writs on 2 characters I've had 1 ring, 2 useless master writs & 1 gold.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Have you maximized the skill line? I think they've stated that loot quality depends on psijic rank.

My experience has been that both jewelry and the trait material drop quite often, maybe 1/3 of the time. IMO they should be something like 5-10% for the exemplary jewelry and 50-80% for the trait material. It's clearly not just me. If I open up the MM graph it's basically a sharp drop in prices, indicating that people have gotten so much infused jewelry it has turned to junk. On the other hand the material is much trickier to find, and as a result prices are still high. Just check on your server and you'll see. This clearly makes no sense.

Yep, Psijic at full rank. I'm beginning to wonder if some of the nodes aren't being cherry picked on my server - XB NA. I guess I'll get them eventually, but if prices are dropping on the jewelry, not sure it's necessarily worth people cherry picking the nodes, so I guess I'm just having really bad luck.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 27, 2018 5:01PM
  • Zells
    Zells
    ✭✭✭
    3 characters doing jewelry writs almost daily since Summerset launch, haven't seen a Swift piece of jewelry yet. Actually opened this thread to get confirmation that they do indeed drop.
    Tamriel_Tidbits is the home of your daily ESO Memento Mori: https://www.youtube.com/@Tamriel_Tidbits