The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Swift Jewelry Drop Rates

• Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many have come to the conclusion that the max level writ drops are not worth the time and mats cost. Much faster and cheaper to get the mats and ask a friend or guildie to craft swift for you. Will probably go that route, but I am stubbornly persistent.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received a Swift Ring on a writ five (5) days into the Summerset patch ... have not received any Swift drops since.
  • Mothball888
    Zells wrote: »
    3 characters doing jewelry writs almost daily since Summerset launch, haven't seen a Swift piece of jewelry yet. Actually opened this thread to get confirmation that they do indeed drop.

Haha. Me too. 15 toons doing writs everyday since Summerset. Only one at 50, and no swift jewelry. I've re-read the drops several times already.. Swift = from daily writs. That's what it says anyways!!

Wiki still says it..
    Where to get Swift Trait Jewelry
    You can obtain a Swift Ring or Necklace by completing your daily Jewelry Crafting Writs.

• Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can also win the lottery if you buy a ticket.
  • LordWenzel
    LordWenzel
    ✭✭✭
    Doing writs from Summerset PC launch with just 1 character, got only a swift necklace earlier this week.
    Edited by LordWenzel on July 28, 2018 2:12PM
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    I have 10 Characters doing Daily Jewellery Writs (1 at 5 and 1 at 4) and have not had any Gold or Swiftness items at all.
    I have been doing this for some weeks now so it is all down to RNG.

Have had some Maps fairly regularly though.

I am buying the missing Item/Trait combinations from Traders and am well on the way to getting my two best up to all traits for both Items.

Looking forward to the upcoming reductions in Upgrading Costs in the next release.

Malborn
    PC-EU
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC I got the swift pieces pretty quick off of 1 character doing max level writs. On PS4 I have yet to see any swift and am most likely going to buy the research pieces.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Asardes wrote: »
    Did the daily writs on 1 char (~5 weeks) added a 2nd (~3 weeks) and the 3rd just hit 50 and haven't seen even one. The others are still low around 10-15, but I'll start leveling them at some point. I haven't rushed to train the skill on more characters since I've noticed that the grain quality & drop rate for tier 5 (platinum) writs aren't much better than tier 1 (pewter), and the latter is almost cost free, since the vast majority of the material is refunded. Most likely I will buy swift trait since it's the last I will research. On the other hand I've gotten quite a few Infused from those portals, but relatively few trait materials. I think they should actually reduce the drop rate for exemplary infused jewelry and increase it for Aurbic Amber.

Please no! I've looted about 50 portals and not a single piece of infused jewelry. My spouse has looted about the same number, and he's already gotten dupes. He'd share with me, but we're on different platforms. :(

Not encouraged by what I'm reading about the drop rate for swift. Since I'm having no luck with infused, it'll be a while before I have all traits learned. I've got everything else, buying triune, bloodthirsty, and harmony (since I don't do that content). I'd rather not have to buy infused and swift as well.

Do remember that most of the times the portals are partially looted by cherry pickers, so probably trying in a different place during different times should help, I also believe that the price of infused has gone down a lot, that it should be affordable to down right buy it.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 1 ring, about 10 days ago, basically just doing max level writs on 1 character almost every day since Summerset was released on console.

So 1 in 50 attempts or so.

It's probably dropping at a rate similar to perfect roe, a hair over 1% chance or something similar.
  • Zells
    Zells
    ✭✭✭
    Do remember that most of the times the portals are partially looted by cherry pickers, so probably trying in a different place during different times should help, I also believe that the price of infused has gone down a lot, that it should be affordable to down right buy it.

I did not know that; that's appalling. I now have a group I dislike *even more* than the ones who take everything but lockpicks from Thieves Troves, and everything but the style mat from treasure chests. Who knew there was a lower rung on that particular ladder of bad behavior?

The community spirit in ESO renews my faith in humanity 9 times out of 10. And then there's those^ guys...
    Tamriel_Tidbits is the home of your daily ESO Memento Mori: https://www.youtube.com/@Tamriel_Tidbits
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So doing max level daily writs is basically a waste of expensive platinum?

Yes. You can do tier 1 and get surveys at a rate that seems the same as top tier writs. You will always get 5 pewter back (when you spend either 5 or 6) making it cost essentially no materials.

Exactly. I still do the decon to get the Jewelry Crafting skill level up to 50, but I just don’t spend any skill points to change the tier. As you mentioned, the drop rate for survey maps is about the same as it is for max tier JC writs, and I would argue it might be better at the lower levels because of less dilution of the loot table. Sure, there might be a better chance to get a green, blue, or purple improvement grain with the max tier writs, but forget about Chromium Grains. I think I’ve only received one or two of those for all the JC writs I’ve done every day on 3 max tier characters. I’m far more likely to get improvement mats refining raw ore, including Chromium Grains, hence, the survey maps being more valuable.

• stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I've have been doing daily master jewelry writs for a while now, and still no exemplary swift jewelry rewards.

Anyone have an idea on what the drop rate is?

I've been doing them every day on 3 characters since the new DLC dropped.

I've had one swift piece. ONE.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.