The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I LOVE being paired up with team members in Chaosball who completely ignore the ball! <3

DarkJester1
DarkJester1
✭✭✭
(Not)

I even once had a team that killed the ballbearer, then completely run the opposite way, despite no one else around. I was like "wtf man. -.-"

The only consolation I get is that their scores will be crap.
Edited by DarkJester1 on July 17, 2018 8:20AM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I liked it when I was farming achievement for carrying 10mil of damage from Chaosball, people were killing each other so I could farm points peacefully :D
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not different to people ignoring the flags or the relics. Objective based BGs aren’t my cup of tea anyway.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Dark_Shady
    Dark_Shady
    ✭✭
    Just like in any game, people tend to not care about objective and they want to kill people. That's how i am, i dont' care about beating the other team, running a relic or standing on a point isn't pvp to me. Would rather not waste my time and just kill players. Also the rewards or incentive to actually win the game is non existent. Play the game to have fun, running a relic as fast as you can to cap is not my idea of Pvp.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark_Shady wrote: »
    Just like in any game, people tend to not care about objective and they want to kill people. That's how i am, i dont' care about beating the other team, running a relic or standing on a point isn't pvp to me. Would rather not waste my time and just kill players. Also the rewards or incentive to actually win the game is non existent. Play the game to have fun, running a relic as fast as you can to cap is not my idea of Pvp.

Just like in any game, people tend to not care about objective and they want to tackle people. That's how i am, i dont' care about beating the other team, running the ball or kicking a field goal isn't (American) football to me. Would rather not waste my time and just tackle players. Also the rewards or incentive to actually win the game is non existent. Play the game to have fun, running a ball as fast as you can to the endzone is not my idea of football.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you talking about? All modes are tdm obviously
  • Dark_Shady
    Dark_Shady
    ✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Just like in any game, people tend to not care about objective and they want to tackle people. That's how i am, i dont' care about beating the other team, running the ball or kicking a field goal isn't (American) football to me. Would rather not waste my time and just tackle players. Also the rewards or incentive to actually win the game is non existent. Play the game to have fun, running a ball as fast as you can to the endzone is not my idea of football.

I like the idea of your counter argument. ESO pvp is casual and there is no ratting system or competitive. In football at any level, there are other teams in the league (set teams) and you get a record with the current team you are playing with. Playoffs, or state, or bowl games are something you continue to play to win to get to. In ESO and other game with Pug bgs there isn't anything like that. So there isn't any incentive to win like i mentioned earlier. its just a pick up game. So yes you can spend your time trying to play objective to try to win a game that doesn't reward you. (even the daily allows you to get 2nd place lol...) and deal with the frustrations of bad teammates and complain on the forums OR you can just play to have fun and kill people. i don't care if my team looses if i get 15+ kills its a win for me.
  • DarkJester1
    DarkJester1
    ✭✭✭

No incentive? You do realize there is a ranking system for Battlegrounds beyond deathmatch, right?

ANd I've never personally played a pvp game that didn't have capture the flag or location mechanics somewhere in there.

Also, now, this might shock you, but you can still kill players while taking points or defending your relics. Because the opponent does come to try to take your relic or flag. *Le gasp*

In fact, if you spend the whole BG defending say, the chaosball carrier, you will have plenty of players to kill, because guess what? players come after the chaosball player all the time.

You can go out and kill players all willy-nilly in non-deathmatch, just do it WHILE helping with objectives.

I'll give you some time to recover from that mind-blowing revelation.

Edited by DarkJester1 on July 17, 2018 7:45PM
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No incentive? You do realize there is a ranking system for Battlegrounds beyond deathmatch, right?

ANd I've never personally played a pvp game that didn't have capture the flag or location mechanics somewhere in there.

Also, now, this might shock you, but you can still kill players while taking points or defending your relics. Because the opponent does come to try to take your relic or flag. *Le gasp*

In fact, if you spend the whole BG defending say, the chaosball carrier, you will have plenty of players to kill, because guess what? players come after the chaosball player all the time.

You can go out and kill players all willy-nilly in non-deathmatch, just do it WHILE helping with objectives.

Chaosball tends to create fights, it's probably the best gamemode for that reason. The problem with the control-point and CTF modes is that they heavily reward teams that are able to actively avoid combat and spend all their time standing on flags. And almost nobody cares about the leaderboard, especially since it's just a measurement of time played which means nothing in terms of skill.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. The ranking system is based almost solely on time-played - That's not a ranking system it's simply a no-job counter.
    1. No the opponent doesn't come to try and take your relic or flag, they wait until nobody is there before taking it, or move on to the next one if you have defenders.
    2. If you fight anyone on a flag, you're wasting cap time that the roleplayers aren't wasting by simply running away to the next flag, away from actual PVP
    3. I don't understand the chaosball chatter - If they're not protecting the carrier and are elsewhere fighting, then there's less people at the carrier, trying to get the ball, no? Chaosball actually is the one obj match that has some fighting involved. I have no issue with chaosball and PvFlaggers as they bring the action.
    4. What's a bigger help in any CTF/Dom/Obj game mode than having the enemies in their spawns on a revive timer? - Watch out for the mind-blowing revelation that dead players can't actually contribute to any of those game modes.

Cyrodil has plenty of flags you can cap uncontested and move on from, the guards make it a little harder than the mind-numbing empty caps and clockwise path you get and follow in BG's too.

Don't act like people in BG's don't avoid combat - I see dudes with <50k damage/healing EVERY game.
    Edited by BNOC on July 18, 2018 11:27AM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • DarkJester1
    DarkJester1
    ✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

1. The ranking system is based almost solely on time-played - That's not a ranking system it's simply a no-job counter.
    1. No the opponent doesn't come to try and take your relic or flag, they wait until nobody is there before taking it, or move on to the next one if you have defenders.
    2. If you fight anyone on a flag, you're wasting cap time that the roleplayers aren't wasting by simply running away to the next flag, away from actual PVP
    3. I don't understand the chaosball chatter - If they're not protecting the carrier and are elsewhere fighting, then there's less people at the carrier, trying to get the ball, no? Chaosball actually is the one obj match that has some fighting involved. I have no issue with chaosball and PvFlaggers as they bring the action.
    4. What's a bigger help in any CTF/Dom/Obj game mode than having the enemies in their spawns on a revive timer? - Watch out for the mind-blowing revelation that dead players can't actually contribute to any of those game modes.

Cyrodil has plenty of flags you can cap uncontested and move on from, the guards make it a little harder than the mind-numbing empty caps and clockwise path you get and follow in BG's too.

1. Wrong
    2. Wrong
    3. Fair enough.
    4. You can actually give players an easier time capping when you chase them around and kill them - they can often respawn closer to the flag this way, so wrong.

Ouch, 1 out of 4. That's gotta sting.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

1. Wrong
    2. Wrong
    3. Fair enough.
    4. You can actually give players an easier time capping when you chase them around and kill them - they can often respawn closer to the flag this way, so wrong.

Ouch, 1 out of 4. That's gotta sting.

Time played in BGs might not be the only thing that MMR is based off of, but it's the closest variable we know of. it's the only variable that holds up... (lifetime cumulative medal score being the frontrunner still, which might as well be time played)
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• griffkhalifa
    griffkhalifa
    ✭✭✭✭
    The other day my team was in second place and I was the only one alive on my team so I start going towards the ball...only to have the team in last place (three of them) chase me around until they finally burst me down after like 30 seconds of chasing me around and ignoring the ball. Meanwhile the team in first place was just sitting there with the ball uncontested.

Thinking back it probably would have been more beneficial if I just died instantly so the other team could go attack the ones with the ball.

Edited by griffkhalifa on July 19, 2018 5:39PM
    PS4 NA
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally just had this happen. One team gets the ball and they're sitting in one place with their teammates, meanwhile my team is somewhere else playing deathmatch with the other team and I'm getting 1v4'd trying to actually kill the guy with the ball.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dont forget the zero point team who insist on attacking the 2nd team who are desperately trying to hold back the 1st pre-made team
    Edited by Ankael07 on July 19, 2018 8:38PM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.