The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please, stop queuing for a random just to play Deathmatch, unless it's Deathmatch.

Kel
Kel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Here's the thing...your excuse might be "I'm just here for the daily, bro.." but unless you play the objective, chances are your team is coming in last. The catch is this, you do not get the daily reward if you don't finish first or second.
Let me say again... you do NOT get the daily reward for ignoring objectives and just playing deathmatch in Crazy King.
If your random is deathmatch, go crazy.
If you're not playing the objective with the excuse that you are just here for the daily, you are going to be there for awhile.
Take one game and play the objective, then you can happily go back to all the death matches you'd like.
I'm not even sure half the players who do this know they are wasting thier own time...
Edited by Kel on June 30, 2018 2:24PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop trying to PvFlag when you should PvP. You’re wasting your own time.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    Here's the thing...your excuse might be "I'm just here for the daily, bro.." but unless you play the objective, chances are your team is coming in last. The catch is this, you do not get the daily reward if you don't finish first or second.
    Let me say again... you do NOT get the daily reward for ignoring objectives and just playing deathmatch in Crazy King.
    If your random is deathmatch, go crazy.
    If you're not playing the objective with the excuse that you are just here for the daily, you are going to be there for awhile.
    Take one game and play the objective, then you can happily go back to all the death matches you'd like.
    I'm not even sure half the players who do this know they are wasting thier own time...

You could try telling them in /g before the match begins. Some people are just self-absorbed, but most are probably willing to humor you and actually play the objectives, particularly if you point this out.

God the flag matches are dull though. I wonder if the devs are thinking they'll grow on people if the random keeps throwing us in there?
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

That makes zero sense when the game is capture the flag...
    It makes even less sense if you're "just there for the daily". I don't know how this isn't understood, but if you're not trying to flag, or get the ball, or any other objective, you are going to have to do a lot of dailies. If you're not helping your team, you're hurting it.
    I always thought mmo players were somewhat smarter than other gamers.
    You are proving me wrong... :/
    Edited by Kel on June 30, 2018 3:57PM
  • Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭
    The bloodlust is too strong in some people. They don't care where or whom they drop their sloads. Just as long as they can get out that pent up sloads.

Some of the easiest wins are when the other two teams are deathmatching each other and ignored objectives.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Or you could just stay in Deathmatch if that's all you want to do.

I suppose it's only expected that some people get more satisfaction inflating their ego by getting 40+ kills in a CTF match rather than supporting other players and promoting good teamwork.
    Edited by brandonv516 on July 1, 2018 1:47AM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You're gonna get a random bunch when people are q'ing for the daily coffer. Rather than be angery about it, just suck it up and try your best. Tell them to take the flags, not only fight. A little instruction for pugs can go a long way. If they don't listen, that's their fault.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're gonna get a random bunch when people are q'ing for the daily coffer. Rather than be angery about it, just suck it up and try your best. Tell them to take the flags, not only fight. A little instruction for pugs can go a long way. If they don't listen, that's their fault.

I do ask. That's how I get the response "I'm only here for the daily, bro..I don't care about the ball"
    I honestly don't think players understand how the daily works. You can't just show up, expect to do nothing with the objective, come in 3rd and think that's going to get you the daily reward.
    Just to be clear, I'm not angry about it. It's more of a plea to those who queue for the daily reward to understand you need to participate in the objective to get your reward.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah. And stop trying to PvChesspiece when you should just punch your opponent in the face. Another waste of time.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Yeah. And stop trying to PvChesspiece when you should just punch your opponent in the face. Another waste of time.

Exactly. Glad to see another PvFace guy here. My man.jpg

It makes even less sense if you're "just there for the daily". I don't know how this isn't understood, but if you're not trying to flag, or get the ball, or any other objective, you are going to have to do a lot of dailies. If you're not helping your team, you're hurting it.

You’re welcome.

Now stop trying to avoid PvP and get back out there and help your teammates win those fights ;) don’t go running off to some flag and abandon your poor teammates to getting 4v3’d. I’m glad you see it my way.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re welcome.

Now stop trying to avoid PvP and get back out there and help your teammates win those fights ;) don’t go running off to some flag and abandon your poor teammates to getting 4v3’d. I’m glad you see it my way.

^
    The logic behind why this post is needed...
    Once again, thank you for proving my point, even though I know you're just trolling at this point.
    Sadly, alot of players really think this way. That's why they come in 3rd and repeatedly have to run games they don't like to get the daily reward.
    Ideally, you'll be fighting over flags, not leaving a flag uncapped to chase players running away from you. Fighting is unavoidable, it's PvP. Fighting at the cost of an objective just makes you a bad teammate.
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    I que for the daily and play like a death match every time. If we don't finish 1st/2nd I que again. I couldn't care less about objectives. stick together team.
    Edited by Jurand80 on July 1, 2018 10:03AM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jurand80 wrote: »
    I que for the daily and play like a death match every time. If we don't finish 1st/2nd I que again. I couldn't care less about objectives. stick together team.

Lol...
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Won't find many objectives there.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a result of a poor game design. pvp mode that penalize actual pvp is unacceptible
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a result of a poor game design. pvp mode that penalize actual pvp is unacceptible

Never understood this as a reason to avoid objectives. You're supposed to fight over flags...you're supposed to fight over the ball...that is the incentive to PvP in those match types. Players act like there's no killing in these modes by following the objective. That is false.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Never understood this as a reason to avoid objectives. You're supposed to fight over flags...you're supposed to fight over the ball...that is the incentive to PvP in those match types. Players act like there's no killing in these modes by following the objective. That is false.

THIS! and it is so damn annoying when you lose what could be easy win, because half your team are derps.

Also, if you DO NOT CARE re the daily, just Q deathmatch - problem solved.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It is not.

It is a result of too many 'gamers' thinking that killing other players is the only way to win.

That is what is unacceptable - because it is flat out wrong.

The WORST is, these same types lose in deathmatches too.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never understood this as a reason to avoid objectives. You're supposed to fight over flags...
    this doesnt work in TvTvT. while you will be wasting your time in a fight for a flag with one team third team will take all remaining flags and win.
    Edited by oxygen_thief on July 2, 2018 12:17PM
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

It is not.

It is a result of too many 'gamers' thinking that killing other players is the only way to win.

That is what is unacceptable - because it is flat out wrong.

The WORST is, these same types lose in deathmatches too.

yes it is. ctf mode is just a mess with three teams.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never understood this as a reason to avoid objectives. You're supposed to fight over flags...
    this doesnt work in TvTvT. while you will be wasting your time in a fight for a flag with one team third team will take all remaining flags and win.

Only if your entire team is zerging flags, which is a bad strategy in battlegrounds. If you're mindlessly just staying in a group, then yes. Staying in your group only works in deathmatch or chaos ball, otherwise you go in teams of two.
    This mentality is why premades kill pugs. Pugs zerg flags, premades use strategy.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok two groups will fight for two flags while third team will capture others, then zerg drained survivors and take all of them.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re welcome.

^
    The logic behind why this post is needed...
    Once again, thank you for proving my point, even though I know you're just trolling at this point.
    Sadly, alot of players really think this way. That's why they come in 3rd and repeatedly have to run games they don't like to get the daily reward.
    Ideally, you'll be fighting over flags, not leaving a flag uncapped to chase players running away from you. Fighting is unavoidable, it's PvP. Fighting at the cost of an objective just makes you a bad teammate.

I'll turn a PvFlag game into a Deathmatch all day - What I've bolded is where you're really wrong - If anything I prefer those game modes as there is no kill cap. PvFlag's are the ultimate Deathmatch for anyone who's interested, plus no sigils to give some randy a silly advantage over you.

FIghting isn't unavoidable at all - I've seen kids literally sprinting around the map from flag to flag, with another team behind following and capping behind them. If you had a lobby of PvFlaggers there would be no combat and the only time these roleplayers currently see combat is when someone like me goes out of my way, away from objectives, with the intention of fighting them.

If you want to mindlessly cap flags, go to Cyrodil and take resources - If you can.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The AvAvA cyrodiil got boring really quick over year 1 for me. I come from sport styled pvp mmos/shooters and i really love having nodes to fight for and playing/fighting over objectives, CTF has always been my favorite game type. Chaosball is fun!!

Keep battles in cyrodiil i find boring af. Solo Resource farming was what i did till bgs came out. Now i only play bgs as im a lot more interested in sport styled pvp.

All that being said, i agree with the OP. Its annoying and frustrating when i join a bg ( and 9 times out of 10:) and my 3 teamates are all over the map trying to solo pvp against the other groups and dying misrably every time. No sense of working with thier team.
    In the meantime, im capturing flags, hitting nodes for game wins, and at the end of every match im sitting on several kills and a few thousand more points then my teamates; usually thier 3 scores combined are less then mine.

The 2 real issue here, however, lies with zos and how they created point accumilation, 1) healing ur allies produces way too little points, and 2) a nb or magsorc ganker in bgs with 30+ kbs could potentially score the same as me even tho im fighting over nodes (albiet thats a teamate who is off soloing in "group content") and THAT is the problem.

Tldr: u will net more points and kills if u play objectives, this means a higher personal ap gain as well. Period.
    If u want to play deathmatch, play deathmatch, if u dont wanna play other game types, dont que random.
  • Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭

+1 :D
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    The different game modes are way more fun than deathmatch anyway. No power sigils in the CTF games. Plus, they add an element of creativity and teamwork other than "ball up and zerg like this is cyro" which I appreciate.

But yes, players who don't play the objectives really grind my gears... and it's not like you have to sacrifice kills to win CTF games. I can regularly get in the top 10% of kills in a game and also have a very high score because if they other team is also playing objectives (like they're supposed to), then you fight them, and (ideally) kill them. Boom, points and kills, all at the same time, and all because everyone is actually playing the game instead of measuring who's sload hits harder.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The different game modes are way more fun than deathmatch anyway. No power sigils in the CTF games. Plus, they add an element of creativity and teamwork other than "ball up and zerg like this is cyro" which I appreciate.

But yes, players who don't play the objectives really grind my gears... and it's not like you have to sacrifice kills to win CTF games. I can regularly get in the top 10% of kills in a game and also have a very high score because if they other team is also playing objectives (like they're supposed to), then you fight them, and (ideally) kill them. Boom, points and kills, all at the same time, and all because everyone is actually playing the game instead of measuring who's sload hits harder.

honestly, you mostly lose when you don't fight on objectives. And any competitive gamer knows those kills mean jack if your team is in dead last. Personally I try to fight on objectives or counter PVD players looking to sneak through the match without pvping.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta disagree here, if flags are the objective im not gonna play the game like its deathmatch. There is specific ques for bgs for people that want deathmatch
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 3, 2018 11:40PM
  • FoolishOptimist
    FoolishOptimist
    ✭✭✭
    Should the daily reward system be updated so that a player is only awarded the cache if they meet a minimum medal score?

I enjoy Chaos Ball and Crazy King more than Domination and Deathmatch. I love the challenge of holding onto a target that puts a large strain on your resources, while causing the enemy to focus on you. I’ve had some very satisfying moments with devouring swarm.

I’d love to see a game where each team has a mobile target to defend (like a merchant or their cart) that walks around the battlefield (RNG or synchronised tracks), while also charged with destroying enemy targets. Targets could be affected by heals and snares which adds extra flavour than just being a CtF reskin.
    Edited by FoolishOptimist on July 3, 2018 1:06AM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can play the objective and still get kills, recently went 18-0-20 on my stamplar. Ran 3 flags and got the highest score, plus the win.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can play the objective and still get kills, recently went 18-0-20 on my stamplar. Ran 3 flags and got the highest score, plus the win.

Exactly.