The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Biting Jabs

Feanor
Feanor
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it just me or is that skill buggy as hell and doesn’t even register most of the time? On a magPlar I can heavy attack into sweeps. On a Stamplar that results in a character standing around with a spear of light in his hands, doing nothing. Fun times.
Edited by Feanor on July 18, 2018 7:35AM
Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh, happens a lot for me.

Has done for a few patches now.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the days when I played my magplar in Cyrodiil a bit more lag than usual caused my sweeps to deal damage like once per 1,5s, this skill as all casted or channeled skills gets extra clumsy when there is even a slight lag.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Is it just me or is that skill buggy as hell and doesn’t even register most of the time? On a magPlar I can heavy attack into sweeps. On a Stamplar that results in a character standing around with a spear of light in his hands, doing nothing. Fun times.

Welcome to stamplar, i'll be your guide.
    Rule Nr 1. Don't play stamplar during primetime
    Rule Nr. 2. go back to playing magsorc, it's easier, not plagued with bugs and more effective
    Rule Nr. 3. get used to having either no sustain or not enough damage or both
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jabs are very difficult to land in pvp, it barely ever hits a moving target. You may just use it after a CC and just kite your target while it's CC immune.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BohnT

Just getting my feet wet with it as I’m moving away a bit from my magSorc. Stamplar looks fun, I always loved playing magPlar when it wasn’t bereft of its soul. If you got any lessons just shoot me a PM. Always interested in learning more.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @BohnT

Just getting my feet wet with it as I’m moving away a bit from my magSorc. Stamplar looks fun, I always loved playing magPlar when it wasn’t bereft of its soul. If you got any lessons just shoot me a PM. Always interested in learning more.

I probably can't give you any meaningful advice as i haven't played stamplar in non cp for more than 2 months (for good reasons).
    Only thing i can say is, don't run solo, don't try to play without medium and serpent mundus, get ready to run out of stam with 2.6k regen, don't bother with a non cancer build if you want to be viable
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

Welcome to stamplar, i'll be your guide.
    Rule Nr 1. Don't play stamplar during primetime
    Rule Nr. 2. go back to playing magsorc, it's easier, not plagued with bugs and more effective
    Rule Nr. 3. get used to having either no sustain or not enough damage or both

Fixed it!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BohnT

We need to make a guild for ex-sorcs playing Stamplar... :-)
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    A buddy of mine who mains a stamplar gave me some good advice for my stamplar. Stack damage and repent the dead bodies. There is very little difference between 1850 and 1600 regen. So build to kill people fast. PoTL, Jabs, DBoS, and spin to win is a potent combo. Ravager/Impreg, Spriggans/Impreg, 5 med/2 heavy, with monster set flipping between BloodSpawn, Trollking, and Slimecraw. Super strong in groups.