Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Your favourite place so far? (time killing thread)

Rasly
Rasly
✭✭
What's you favourite map and a place in tamriel and beyond so far?

I am just lvl 15, so to me it is Stros M’Kai and Cheesemongers Hollow.
  • myblackbox123
    myblackbox123
    ✭✭
    The login screen.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grahtwood- love the whole tree thing and the surrounding area.
    I hope they make more maps as good as this one.
    Edited by Inversus on April 3, 2014 8:00PM
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite place and map... tough one. I think I am a huge fan of Tamriel and my favorite place to be is Online.
    0:)
  • Distrobomb
    Distrobomb
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't really left Glenumbra but the shore line is pretty nice and has some prime fishing spots. (their mine though, go away)
    I survived the great ESO launch disaster 2014 B)
  • Zaggolf
    Zaggolf
    ✭✭✭
    Everywhere[img][/img]Screenshot_20140402_173747_zpsebee2226.png
    Fanboy's don't keep a game running! GAMER'S DO!!!
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    Crow's Wood and I would have to say Ebonheart area.
  • Raapnaap
    Raapnaap
    ✭✭
    Any place that has minimal quest chains or content funneling. Any place that just lets me explore the area on my own with no further "You need to go this way now" quests.

Unfortunately the mid-level zones are very hit and miss in this regards. There are area's that are very rigged in set up, forcing you to follow a very tightly predetermined path. Then there are area's that basically say "go figure it out yourself", those are the most true to previous TES games, and those area's I enjoy the most.

But in terms of visuals and environment, so far I'd say Shadowfen is very well made and has me looking forward to the potential addition of Black March (plenty of references are made by NPC's suggesting it could well be added at some point).

I do like how geographically the world seems to make a lot of sense. Many other MMO's have their environments change randomly from zone to zone, from dry desert to snowy mountains, which breaks immersion. ESO does this right: The transition of environments from Stonefalls, to Deshaan, to Shadowfen feels very natural.
    Edited by Raapnaap on April 3, 2014 8:07PM
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought Stormhaven was very nice.
  • Miths
    Miths
    Are the Aldmeri regions all trees and other green stuff? I've actually thought about maining a Daggerfall or Ebonheart character instead for the deserts or the ashlands and snow regions. Too much forest bores me :).
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    There is this outcrop in Auridon, basically just a pillar of rock with some grass and a couple of trees on top to which you can get only if you sprint-leap from a cliff high above and land in one of the trees just right so you don't get hurt. Else the fall kills you.

Quite a secluded little spot. I like it.
  • Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    Grahtwood is my favorite place so far.