The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

do these forums give you a headache?

• Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problems for me.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'm okay with the colors and everything...but I sorely miss the option to navigate back to the previous subforum without using the "back" button, since that doesn't necessarily refresh the thread list. Instead, this navigation brings us back to the category. It's an extra click every time I leave a thread. :/
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    man honestly they should of had a poll of what they want in the game along with doing all these arrangements way before the game came out..what a mess
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭
    These forums are just another example of the cobbled together mess the devs have created. Both here and the game.
    One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

~Oscar Wilde

• Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    Louis wrote: »
    they'll focus on ingame quest bugs first than the forums
    As it should be.

"If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • Pelerin2014
    Pelerin2014
    ✭✭✭
    These forums really are quite terrible - hopefully they'll get tidied up and have more sections added, like general discussion.
    Pelarius, Imperial Dragonknight of the Aldmeri Dominion.
  • BearBiter
    BearBiter
    GenNyan wrote: »
    I'm just in it for the badgers. Er. Badges.

I agree with @GenNyan
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the colours.

It's the amount of steps needed to get from one part to another that I hate,

As others have suggested, a main page for each language with all the various sub forums on will make it 10000 times better.
  • Czinger
    Czinger
    ✭✭
    Forums are pretty bugged out right now.
  • lioslinn
    lioslinn
    ✭✭✭
    heh I'm the opposite. I find the multi-language setup is fine. I rather like being able to quickly check the french sections for info. English is always on top and the sections are clearly labeled EN, FR or DE. Just click on EN, poof english only.

It`s the awful colors I don`t like, and the fonts are a bit big... *shrug*
    Edited by lioslinn on April 2, 2014 3:13AM
    reality.sys corrupted-reboot universe [y/n] _
  • myblackbox123
    myblackbox123
    ✭✭
    Yes the forums suck.
    Si, los forumsos son malos.
    Ui, blah frenchi forrums le mal.
    Woh no maiu si bad!
    Muue ius fo ri hoppu!
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a game that feels like it's worthy of the money I spent on it (I love playing!), the support, and the forums, are far below even the Free-To-Play games. These forums are a nightmare to find anything (why isn't it divided into more logical categories?) I still can't change my username. Whoever thought brown on brown was a good colour scheme needs to go back to the 70s.

They're off to a great start with the actual game, now they just need to fix everything else, since currently this is a far worse out-of-game experience than any other MMO.
    Paralyse, Sanguine's Tester - Enjoying ESO since beta. Trial clears: vSS HM, Crag HM's, vRG Oax HM, vMoL DD, vKA HM, vCR+1, vAS IR, vDSR, vSE
  • SpieleNerd
    the wow beta forum back in 2004 looked better ...
    Edited by SpieleNerd on April 2, 2014 4:20AM
  • dmclifton_ESO
    Worst forums of any online game.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lay out of the forum does not bug me, I just don't the colors. I like a black / dark background with light color text. The color theme of the Bethesda forum was very good and wish this forum follow the same pattern.
  • WolfofGray
    The layout/ format for the forums are beyond horrible. Whoever approved this crap-fest should be fired on the spot, no excuses, period.
  • Synful
    Synful
    Just bumping the thread with hopes forum improvement will become a priority. With this being a new game, forum navigation is paramount since we will all be headed here to see why the servers are down.
  • Raapnaap
    Raapnaap
    ✭✭
    The lack of a general discussion makes most players post in this section instead.

There is also too much categories with sub categories, too much clicking before you get to any threads.

The design is pretty horrible. There is a reason classic forum designs rarely change; It works. This design looks confusing, and ugly, in my opinion. The lack of important sections such as general discussion goes on top of that.

Finally, the multiple languages are... silly. There is a reason you have to pick a language in the top right corner, filter languages through that, rather than making all languages visible for everyone, further adding to the confusion.