The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

do these forums give you a headache?

dannyslag
dannyslag
Anybody else find these forums a jumbled mess? The page layout is really strange, all the languages are just thrown together, and trying to read brown font on that awful Brown image background gives me a headache.
Edited by dannyslag on March 31, 2014 9:27PM
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and a lot of people have mentioned it in the past.
    ZOS have replied by saying that they will continue to work on the forums, and might introduce changes later.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Cayce_of_Kata
    Cayce_of_Kata
    ✭✭✭
    As @Inversus said, the devs have stated that the forums are a work in progress, and the multi-language issue that people have brought up is being addressed.
  • Nacht
    Nacht
    ✭✭✭
    dannyslag wrote: »
    Anybody else find these forums a jumbled mess? The page layout is really strange, all the languages are just thrown together, and trying to read brown font on that awful Brown image background gives me a headache.

These forums are the most horrible mess I have ever run into - Anywhere - in 20+ years of the internet and 15 years of MMOs.

You'd think that the web devs would have 0.0001 of a clue to create a main page with links to each language, but no. Clearly they're not associated with a viable MMO company or have done any research on how the internet functions...
    Life is like a pack of wolves -

If you don't face it head on it'll come at you from all sides and rip your throat out.
  • Strigoimare
    It is jumbled and confusing, and lacking some MMO Forum Staples (General Discussion, anyone?). I don't mind the multilingual sections in between the English ones, though.
  • Mordria
    Mordria
    ✭✭✭✭

These forums are confusing!
  • dannyslag
    dannyslag
    The language part is a pain, not a big deal though. Really the worst is the awful colors, I haven't seen this bad of design since 1991 with the florescent green blinking text. It literally makes me feel nauseous and gives me a headache if I try to read them. Plus the really strange way you navigate between sections. Forum code can be found everywhere pre built, why oh why.
    Edited by dannyslag on March 31, 2014 9:41PM
  • Milodacat
    Milodacat
    Yeah... the foreign language stuff strewn everywhere makes it difficult to find things, so I can't tell if it's otherwise organized well or not.

I'm not super keen on the color scheme, and additional color sets would be welcome, but it's no biggie for me.

Really, if it were just easier to look around without seeing all the redundant but useless-to-me foreign language stuff, that would go a long way.
  • Coggage
    Coggage
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should just use the temporary forum layout that was on the Bethseda site. It was much better than this.
  • mcatchlovb16_ESO
    mcatchlovb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    probably the worst forum layout I have ever seen.
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    The entire game is a mess
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThanatosXR wrote: »

@ThanatosXR
    Then please exit forums for discussion about the game you believe is a 'mess'.
    I don't understand why you are here insulting a game, when you could be playing non-'mess'y game.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Catixie
    Catixie
    Soul Shriven
    Everything else I can deal with but I hate having all the languages on show. There is just to much going on that it looks messy
    I'm so clever even I can't figure out what I'm up to most of the time

Bixie-Templar
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭

I won't be able to play till tomorrow and I stayed away from beta on purpose so I could start the game "clean," but really hope the game isn't going to be as terrible as these forums. Coming here to get some info on the early release info has been a real disappointment. These forums are really bad. I've been on forums since bbs days and this is as bad as they come.

The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compared to Bethesda's forums these are quite horrible, no offence.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sad thing is, and I agree with the majority here... I'm getting used to them! :o

Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Mitchcraft
    Mitchcraft
    Soul Shriven
    The old forums were MUCH better. These are a complete mess.
  • quicksilv3r
    Mitchcraft wrote: »
    yep

• SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sooner or later, one of these talented web page code gurus will make a Stylish theme for this site in Chrome.

Remove unwanted elements and rearrange all of it,and an added dark background with light text.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
    Mitchcraft wrote: »
    This^. Not sure why they would change them until these forums were in a finished state.
  • SirLee
    SirLee
    ✭✭
    Nacht wrote: »

These forums are the most horrible mess I have ever run into - Anywhere - in 20+ years of the internet and 15 years of MMOs.

You'd think that the web devs would have 0.0001 of a clue to create a main page with links to each language, but no. Clearly they're not associated with a viable MMO company or have done any research on how the internet functions...
    Never visited Geo Cities much I see.
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious. Sun Tzu
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirLee wrote: »

Never visited Geo Cities much I see.

Geo Cities...... lol :)
    I was sad the first time I tried to access my webpage there and found they were gone for good.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I won't be able to play till tomorrow and I stayed away from beta on purpose so I could start the game "clean," but really hope the game isn't going to be as terrible as these forums. Coming here to get some info on the early release info has been a real disappointment. These forums are really bad. I've been on forums since bbs days and this is as bad as they come.

They arent. There is always going to be people that will over react and exaggerate. The forums are definitely messy. But in the two days of gameplay I have yet to see anything seriously gamebreaking besides a handful of quests that are bugged.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • GenNyan
    GenNyan
    I'm just in it for the badgers. Er. Badges.
  • Varko
    Varko
    ✭✭

Lol exaggerate much? It needs streamlining I do agree but sheesh.
  • Nacht
    Nacht
    ✭✭✭
    Varko wrote: »

Lol exaggerate much? It needs streamlining I do agree but sheesh.

Exaggerate much?

No.

In all honesty, I've never encountered a forum site that's such a wreck before.
    Limited, with minimal functionality sure, but always quite clear and straightforward. Never before have I ever run into a trainwreck like this place ... well, hmm, except for whatever *chan calls itself, it ain't a forum.
    Life is like a pack of wolves -

If you don't face it head on it'll come at you from all sides and rip your throat out.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't consider this a wreck and seeing as the devs are on it, I'm not too worried about it as of yet. I suspect by 2016 we'll have talking heads pop on the screen with Ayrenn's face on the monitor blowing you kisses as you type questions such as "How do I learn to play musical instruments?".
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, these forums do not give me a headache. Some of the posts on the last forum (when non subscribers/players could post) did, though.
  • spinedoc
    spinedoc
    ✭✭✭
    Vote for the old forums as well, they were quite decent. Dark colors are nicer on the eyes.
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    The layout itself is growing on me, and I quite like some of the features. Fix the color scheme to alleviate the eye strain, and separate the confusing jumble of languages, and they'll go a long way toward making the forums more pleasant to use.

[edited to add] ... and provide more logical categories, like General Discussion, Quest Help, and so on.
    Edited by Sue_D_Nim on April 1, 2014 8:32PM
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • Louis
    Louis
    ✭✭✭
    they'll focus on ingame quest bugs first than the forums
    alot of people look at this signature, i guess youre one of them.