Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Windows 7 Summerset Mayhem

AishavariStarling
AishavariStarling
✭✭✭
So if you're a windows 7 user, you know by now that the updates that came with Summerset have screwed up graphical everything. Now this is not exactly something ZOS cares to fix, they'd love to just say "well update windows :)". I don't know if they'll ever fix it depending on machine however they may just want to. If you like farming any nodes in world, this is your glitch, just hop on windows 7 and run along at top speed, because I guarentee, about half the time, you're gonna see all of the worlds lovely scenery disappear, leaving just NPCs, and your favorites, NODES! You see nothing but Nodes for miles, unobstructed by anything! Just use minimap to avoid any terrain obstructions and happy farming! Remember, you see the NPCs too, so any enemies are perfectly judge-able, sneak through anything! Never be chased again!
Don't look into someone's eyes, if you fear what they'll see in yours.
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Valkysas154 on July 12, 2018 5:46PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you're a windows 7 user, you know by now that the updates that came with Summerset have screwed up graphical everything.

Care to be specific? I haven't visited all of Summerset so there may be problems in areas I haven't seen, but I have seen enough to know that it's untrue to say that for Windows 7 users "the updates that came with Summerset have screwed up graphical everything." I've yet to encounter a problem in Summerset.

I'd be very surprised, given the stability of Windows 7 for gaming compared with Windows 10 which was not specifically designed for gaming and which most people only took because it was free and the latest toy.

If you're having graphical problems try rolling back your graphics drivers, don't assume that the latest ones are automatically the best ones. Stick to ones that are proven to work, why people always insist on upgrading stuff that's working well is beyond me. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Also, follow technical websites like AskWoody for advice on which monthly Windows updates to install and when, sometimes it's Microsoft's updates that break things, not a game's updates.
    Edited by Tandor on July 12, 2018 7:37PM
  • AishavariStarling
    AishavariStarling
    ✭✭✭
    I already understand what updates to use and not use, and Im running a beastly gaming computer. I dont have any issues with any other game. This was concluded a while back that the jumping textures an missing dataspace was usually a windows 7 glitch, that its with Win10 also is news to me, but makes sense. Its not summerset that is bugged out, its everywhere, except somehow in player housing. Or rather that none of the 7 users I know have any issues in those areas. The glitches come in model scewing, texture spazzes, and area purging, needing to reload in the models.
    Don't look into someone's eyes, if you fear what they'll see in yours.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina has already stated that they're working on invisible walls/structures since Summerset, although this thread is the first time I've seen anyone attempt to attribute the issue to Windows 7, and the first time I've seen it "guaranteed" that these sorts of issues will be seen by Windows 7 users "about half the time". There's no evidence for those sorts of claim at all.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Windows 7? Is anybody still using Windows 7?
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens on windows 10 too. It just happened to me. It happens sporadically.

I didn't see any of it when I logged onto the PTS so it might be fixed by the time wolfhunter drops.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »

More people than are using Windows 10, certainly.

Windows 7 currently has "a user share of 41.7% of all personal computers and 47.3% of all those running Windows". The corresponding figures for Windows 10 are 35.7% and 40.4%.

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3199373/windows-pcs/windows-by-the-numbers-windows-10-gains-ground-but-still-trails-windows-7.html
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is happening on Windows 10and on Consoles as well.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    DenMoria wrote: »

More people than are using Windows 10, certainly.

Windows 7 currently has "a user share of 41.7% of all personal computers and 47.3% of all those running Windows". The corresponding figures for Windows 10 are 35.7% and 40.4%.

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3199373/windows-pcs/windows-by-the-numbers-windows-10-gains-ground-but-still-trails-windows-7.html

Wow! I did not know that. Where I'm at we all use 10 (West Coast of US). Our businesses all converted long ago as many of our online services no longer support anything prior to that.

Interesting, thank you.