Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store fang lair and scalecaller motif.

elhitman19
elhitman19
Soul Shriven
So I bought the fang lair and scale caller motif from the crown store because I really liked both styles as well as the alternative styles that you can get from battle grounds. The description for both the motifs says it also teaches "the equivalent" styles. I interpreted that as the ones you get in battle grounds too. When I learned both the motifs both the equivalent styles show up as locked. Is this a bug or simply misleading description?

Best Answers

• Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds are a separate style. I think it's stupid
    Answer ✓
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That text is common to all motifs, and refers to the Style being available both for direct crafting and using the style in the outfit system. They call that "equivalent" because you're not actually making a piece of equipment, just using the same appearance.
    Answer ✓
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Motifs always say that, because the game differentiates between style and motif. A style is only for the outfit system. A motif is for crafting. Motif books grant you the knowledge to craft them and also the knowledge to use in the outfit system, hence the wording "also teaches you the equivalent style".

The style won in battlegrounds is a different style and has nothing to do with the crown store motif books. That is why it has a different name.
    Edited by Leandor on July 12, 2018 6:00PM
    Answer ✓
  • elhitman19
    elhitman19
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for clearing that up. I guess that's just co fusing since their is 2 different variations of the motifs. Kinda misleading