The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Force locking and treasure hunter.

Cêltic421
Cêltic421
✭✭✭✭
I hear people saying force locking will not give you the benefit of treasure hunter or when you force lock a chest no one else gets the benefit of treasure hunter.
I also hear that treasure hunter works only with the person that opens the chest.

I've been in several debates about this. When i force pick a lock i still get the benefits of treasure hunter. More gold and more loot, i have done the test on myself. When i open a chest that someone else opens i seem to still get more gold and more then without treasure hunter.

Does it really matter who opens the chest or how they open the chest? If you have treasure hunter unlocked you will still get the benefits of the passive yeah? I think so.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Force Lock does give you the benefit of treasure Hunter for overland chests and dungeon chests. (Not safeboxes or dolmen chests)

An easy way to test it is that Intermediate chests with Treasure Hunter active will give you one blue set piece and one blue non-set piece 100% of the time. You can compare force lock to not using force lock on an overland chest and the result will be the same as long as you have Treasure Hunter.

Treasure Hunter only works for the people who have the passive. You can test this in dungeon chests. No matter who opens the chest, the person with Treasure Hunter will get the increased loot. Someone without it will not.
  • ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭
    The one nice thing about all the cp increases is that i no longer have to gimp sustain to get treasure hunter. Respecing for treasure chests at the end of trials was never fun.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my experience what VaranisArano say it's correct. I've seen this discussion several times with ppl in dungeons who stress out regarding who got the passive and should open chest etc.

I just let people who believe in all this open them if it's that important. Otherwise I just force that lock (and mostly with TH).
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys