The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Capes and Cloaks 2018

• jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disagree

Because we're not Destiny hunters...
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love cloaks... but... the cake is a lie.
  • yukikenzo
    yukikenzo
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even care tbh. Look at the breton hero costume first.
    PS5 EU
    rich in ESO, poor irl
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm bored of dumb looking capes.

We need high fashion scarves that always majestically billow in the wind.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would rather them work on transmog or spellcrafting than waste time on capes.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    instead of those ugly flaps they added to so many styles and outfits.. I would like some more stuff like capes or scarfs or a necklace.. they could start with something with less physics.. I agree with the people opposed to the idea, because I am afraid we would either get something ugly (floating, clipping, static/wooden) or a big performance issue.
    or start with more hair animation..
    Edited by lientier on November 22, 2017 11:20AM
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH when looking on my PC performance during large battles in Cyro I see that my CPU cores are working somewhere between 40 and 60% (some spikes up to 80%), what is rly heavy loaded is RAM. With each minute of playing my RAM usage slowly but steadly grows up consuming almost all of the aviable resources after few large battles. Its bad coding there. When unused, memory should be released or overwritten (use timers to determine when to release the memory, like if there is more than 10 minutes since last access to certain memory adress its being released - this would prevent the need of loading everything into memory every time you do some stuff repeatedly) otherwise we will always end with overloaded memory, which causes game to be so laggy after some time. YES I do realize that direct operations on memory are dangerous, but Im sure there is no need to do so, timers on method calls or objects access should do the trick.

But about the cloaks it self:
    Seriously? Like arround 10 totaly premade animations not affected by any external variables (like weather, movement speed, skills and so on) would totaly break the game performance? No wonder this game is so laggy. I know that its multiplied by number of characters in the area but rly? No calculations just:
    - when moving forward animation A
    - when moving sides animations B/C
    - backward D
    - on mount E
    - jump down F
    - attacks G/H depending on the direction of character movement
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • GaianSpirit
    GaianSpirit
    ✭✭✭
    Agree

The performance problem is simple - I like to see my cape flow in the wind, I do not need see yours flow. And it doesn't need to be a complex dance, just a flutter from moving in a direction. We can even add a graphics option to disable the animation in trials. Problem solved.
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't really imagine ZOS properly handling capes, weapons and long hair. I mean, without having your character having triangles popping up here and there...
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka
    ✭✭✭
    Only if I can also wear my underpants outside my armor.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Disagree.

We already have an outfit with a cape..... The Breton Hero....

Engine could not support the animation at all.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree. My vampire needs a cape.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • Elrinthil
    Elrinthil
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Elrinthil on November 26, 2018 1:17AM
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree

Hopefully if they do it could have real physics and not a static *** animation and add a variety of capes or cloaks or a entire crafting area for it with the length you want it the thickness and how far away from your back you want it etc. Things like that would make the game IMMERSIVE
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't want capes/cloaks. Yes, people like to play dress-up. No, it isn't really a vital "your character can't move if there is no cape". The game already goes to slideshow slow at times; having that happen even more frequently because there are hundreds of wanna be swashbucklers/vampires running around swirling their capes. And really, aren't there enough armor, weapon, and clothing items that have *serious* clipping issues already without adding capes to the mix?

If they do capes/cloaks, I want to see the consequences. Every cape wearing hero running past enemies should run the risk of having the cape grabbed and yanked back. Every cape wearing hero in the middle of a mob should run the risk of having the enemy behind them grab the cape and choke/pull them off-balance. Run through brush/vines/bushes? Cape could snag. Fighting three wolves? Deal with the two in front while Fluffy number 3 grabs your cape and uses it as a tug-of-war toy. Dodging between rocks and boulders? Run the risk of snagging the beautiful flowing cape..... And it should need to be counted as an item requiring repair, just like the armor/clothing does. Hey! Gold sink.
  • Elrinthil
    Elrinthil
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Elrinthil on November 26, 2018 1:17AM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    I really don't want capes/cloaks. Yes, people like to play dress-up. No, it isn't really a vital "your character can't move if there is no cape". The game already goes to slideshow slow at times; having that happen even more frequently because there are hundreds of wanna be swashbucklers/vampires running around swirling their capes. And really, aren't there enough armor, weapon, and clothing items that have *serious* clipping issues already without adding capes to the mix?

If they do capes/cloaks, I want to see the consequences. Every cape wearing hero running past enemies should run the risk of having the cape grabbed and yanked back. Every cape wearing hero in the middle of a mob should run the risk of having the enemy behind them grab the cape and choke/pull them off-balance. Run through brush/vines/bushes? Cape could snag. Fighting three wolves? Deal with the two in front while Fluffy number 3 grabs your cape and uses it as a tug-of-war toy. Dodging between rocks and boulders? Run the risk of snagging the beautiful flowing cape..... And it should need to be counted as an item requiring repair, just like the armor/clothing does. Hey! Gold sink.

If we're going to have realistic wardrobe consequences, let's go all the way. Whenever a character wearing enormous, spikey shoulder armor raises her arms, she impales herself in the head with said spikes. The hip flaps hamper leg movement so everyone just stumbles around the battlefield and can't jump properly. And let's not even think about what happens when someone roll/dodges while holding a huge 2h sword or battle axe.

;)

Any of those things wrapped around your neck and trailing behind you?

• teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't come with new ideas that will *** up the rendering system and then we are gonna have like 1 million latency ping whatever *** is called.
    Edited by teladoy on July 11, 2018 1:25PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love to have a backward “bib” for a cape. Really small lol
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy necro batman
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Garethjolnir
    Garethjolnir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree. Because it's sorely needed.
    Viele grüße aus Germany. Neu Heimat.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. Because it's sorely needed.

Needed like we need 5 minute loading screens and 999+ ping
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should fix the clipping issues with numerous costumes and styles first. Hip, knee, shoulder and elbow guards on several styles and costumes should also be looked at since many of them "float". The older styles should also be reworked since there are too many visual differences between them and the newer styles. There is also a odd texture bug not only on armor(especially head and chest pieces) also on shields; When you zoom out, a strange line appears on their textures.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disagree.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree.

I already only get 45FPS on a Tesla P40, I should at least have cloak physics to thank for it.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digerati wrote: »
    I already only get 45FPS on a Tesla P40, I should at least have cloak physics to thank for it.

We apologize that your workstation card that was never intended for consumer use as a gaming card does not meet your expectations as a gaming card.
    signing off
  • Goratesque
    Goratesque
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree!

Not intended to wear them as heroes but to feel more like an Imperial nobleman.
    My Guilds:
    PC/EU - EP | Skyrim Lejyonu | GM
    PC/EU - DC | Black Horse Courier | GM
    PC/EU - EP | Siyah Atlı Kurye | GM
    PC/EU - DC | Imperial Trading Company
    PC/EU - EP | Unlimited Undaunted
    My Characters:
    Daggerfall Covenant
    [^]Master Arctus | DD - Magicka Nightblade (Breton, Battlemage of the Empire)
    Khaled al-Bergama | Tank - Health Dragonknight (Redguard, Forebear)
    Brother Marcel | Healer - Magicka Templar (Breton, Monk)
    Lucius Detritus | Tank - Health Necromancer (Imperial, Colovian)
    Sir Armand Dubois | Tank - Health Templar (Breton, Knight)
    Akhenatosh | DD - Stamina Templar (Imperial, Nibenese)
    Shrek Xl | Tank - Health Arcanist (Orc, Swamp Ogre)
    Selena Tharn | DD - Magicka Necromancer (Breton, Vampire)

Ebonheart Pact
    Goras Dagoth | DD - Magicka Dragonknight (Dunmer, Sixth House)
    Ada'Soom Dir-Kamal | Tank - Health Warden (Nord, Undead Kamal)
    Never-Gives-Up | Tank - Health Nightblade (Argonian, Shadowscale)
    Uruk gro-Mauloch | Tank - Health Dragonknight (Mountain Orc of Skyrim)
    Freydis Iron-Shield | Tank - Health Sorcerer (Nord, Champion)
    *Kelvedkaal | DD - Stamina Arcanist (Nord, Dragon Priest)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Robin of Valenwood | DD - Stamina Nightblade (Imperial, Strident)
    Tihullu | Healer - Stamina Warden (Bosmer, Druid)
    *Rilis Xll of Firsthold | DD - Stamina Sorcerer (Altmer, Lich High Kinlord)
    Dark Kinlord Sauron | DD - Stamina Sorcerer (Dunmer, Xivkyn Dreadguard)
    Prince Taka | DD - Hybrid Templar (Khajiit, Two-Moons Warrior Priest)

[^]This is my Main character overall.
    *This is my Primary character in that Alliance.
    My Primary Residence: Strident Springs Demesne (Arenthia, Reaper's March)
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alchemical wrote: »
    I'm bored of dumb looking capes.

We need high fashion scarves that always majestically billow in the wind.

Yes please:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/51b3dc8ee4b051b96ceb10de/t/5aa449ca9140b73db67ab524/1520716236042/?format=2500w
    Edited by JadonSky on October 25, 2018 8:23PM
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AGREE

tumblr_ndz8qv5IWD1rpwwe9o1_500.gif

Lol, don't expect that - when it comes from ZOS it will clip with bow/shield on the back and eventually go through your legs and other limbs as well. I doubt they can do a proper cloak. But they are free to prove me wrong of course :smiley: