Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wolf hunter question.

Skullstachio
Skullstachio
✭✭✭✭✭
Any surprises in stock with wolf hunter? (Really I have a list of questions.)
  • will there be unique dialogue for those afflicted with lycanthropy?
  • What kind of sets will there be & what bonuses?
  • What kind of Armour style will there be. (something similar to skinchanger perhaps but more, awesome?)
  • Will the dungeons be challenging? (But not too challenging in a way that even normal mode feels like veteran mode when it isn’t.)
  • (Outside-the-box question) will there be a home within a little slice of the Hunting grounds feel to it?
"When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't think anyone knows those questions yet...

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »
    Any surprises in stock with wolf hunter? (Really I have a list of questions.)
    • will there be unique dialogue for those afflicted with lycanthropy?
    • What kind of sets will there be & what bonuses?
    • What kind of Armour style will there be. (something similar to skinchanger perhaps but more, awesome?)
    • Will the dungeons be challenging? (But not too challenging in a way that even normal mode feels like veteran mode when it isn’t.)
    • (Outside-the-box question) will there be a home within a little slice of the Hunting grounds feel to it?
    • Probably, but I'd venture that dialogue differences will be only slightly different, and for flavor only, not actually affecting gameplay. Possibly.
    • There will be the standard set of sets released. Heavy, medium, light, monster helm and shoulders, etc., but no specifics yet outside of what one of the monster sets looks like. It's similar in my opinion to a skinchanger heavy armor look.
    • I'm not sure about new armor styles, outside of the aforementioned monster set's look.
    • The dungeons are supposedly geared to the difficulty of fang lair and recent dungeons. That is to say a bit more challenging than vanilla normal and vet dungeons, but the real challenge is still meant to be with hard mode.
    • I sure as hell hope there's a cool home with this, but if there is, expect it to be separate from the DLC. They are however doing some more interesting things with load gates, flavor-wise, making more interesting and appealing transitions into load screens, and streamlining some things so that loading and lag isn't as much of a thing, so it would be cool if that were incorporated into a player owned house in some way.
    • There will be more specific and accurate info coming out soon, the DLC is supposed to be on the PTS sooner than you may think (within the month at least, I believe).
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re on PC, PTS is coming up today and you’ll be able to learn these yourself! Otherwise, I’m sure popular streamers will be showcasing it this week and have articles about the new stuff before long.
    will there be unique dialogue for those afflicted with lycanthropy?

Probably, but this is likely something you’ll just have to try out for yourself.
    What kind of sets will there be & what bonuses?

The standard for dungeon dlcs: a light, medium, heavy, and monster set, per dungeon. Check out the public test server sub forum for 4.1.0 patch notes later today for details on what the bonuses are.
    What kind of Armour style will there be. (something similar to skinchanger perhaps but more, awesome?)

From what was shown on ESO live, it looked like one was Silver Dawn themed (plate mail) and the other one would be comparable to malacath or skinchanger (cloth/leather with furs). But I didn’t get that good of a look at them.
    Will the dungeons be challenging? (But not too challenging in a way that even normal mode feels like veteran mode when it isn’t.)

Like Marginis said, they’re aiming to hit the same balance of difficulty as they did with the Dragon Bones dungeons. Not sure how challenging you consider those dungeons’ normal/vet/hm difficulties, but expect something similar.
    (Outside-the-box question) will there be a home within a little slice of the Hunting grounds feel to it?

I believe they said there’d be two new homes with at least one of them sharing in the Wolfhunter theme. As to whether that leans more Moon Hunter Keep or Hunting Grounds I cant say, but I think new houses usually show up within the first week or two of the PTS.