The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Has anyone else's game settings been reset since last log in or is it just me?

Lunachik
Lunachik
✭✭✭
I logged on last night around 7pm EDT, and all my settings (graphics) had been changed, and my addons were gone from the game, (they were still on my PC tho). I was also asked to choose a server, (NA), read and approve a new TOS and such before being allowed to log in. Now I cannot get any add ons to work, ( I dont use many, so not a big deal), but I'm concerned. I also got a message saying I was logging in from a new IP, which is not true, same everything! Has my account been compromised? What do I do ?
**Mara's Moxie * The Sidekick Order * Azura's Guidance *Hallowed Holes of Tamriel **

Best Answer

• Lunachik
    Lunachik
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you both for your responses. I appreciate the feedback. :)

I'll try restoring my settings, I do have a backup , if that doesn't work I'll have to figure out how to get the addons to work now, but that is another issue.

One silver lining, my game often has issues and is running really smoothly now, so maybe a corrupted file was messing it up, and this actually fixed that issue? I don't know, but its running better than it has in a while, even with everything turned up.

So, I guess as long as my account is okay, I'm not going to worry. Thanks again.
    **Mara's Moxie * The Sidekick Order * Azura's Guidance *Hallowed Holes of Tamriel **
    Answer ✓
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your account likely hasn't been compromised, it's more likely that your user settings file was corrupted or had something else happen to it that caused your game to not read it. If you have an older copy of your settings and add-ons from a documents backup, try existing your game, restoring the old copy, and relaunching the game.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^

it does happen rarely but happens. I had my game abruptly crash once and all my setting reset. That is in 4 years time and it happened just that once.