Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you feel about the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto?

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not that good, the house kind of missed the point (explain why, what should have been done instead)
    I want the ship without the stupid cave around it...
    Edited by FakeFox on June 25, 2018 11:31PM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • srmalloy
    srmalloy
    Not that good, the house kind of missed the point (explain why, what should have been done instead)
    I have to agree with the prevailing sentiment here; it's picturesque as all hell, with character to burn, but it's sprawling and disjointed. Also, if you're sailing the 'entry point' ship to the grotto, why doesn't it appear there? It seems to me that you would logically start by dressing out the ship, then spread out into the grotto as your needs stretched beyond the limits of the vessel. But instead, you've got some ruins, some upright wrecks with usable space, and some beach, all scattered from one end of the grotto to another, with lots of areas where you will need to put in platforms to use the space occupied by capsized wrecks. It might make a good location for a guild to set up, with all the space that's there, but it's overkill for a single person.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wanted a ship as a house with a beautiful view (not shipwrecks) and a small beach strip off the dock (big enough for a guarport). Not all this other stuff. I’m sure this appeals to some people, but it’s much bigger than what I’m looking to buy.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite bad ! This house is a blatant failure...(explain why, what should have been done instead)
    The SHIP should have been the main focus and it should have knocked everyone's socks off. Further, it should have been moored either in an in-game bay OR off a small private island with a small pretty house or even a warehouse. It would have been great if it had been in the open ocean with an island just a short swim away even. What they DID, while pretty, completely missed the point and the ship itself is woefully disappointing. And...all those "wrecks" are just dumb.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice, but would be better if something change (explain what you'd like to do inside and how they could improve)
    Good home. I just want to have the ability to remove/move some of the shipwrecks and especially the trees!
  • Kingpindragon
    Kingpindragon
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic ! exactly what I was expecting (explain what you'd plan to do inside)
    I love it, it fits my personality: big, quiet, and confusing. I just enjoy diving from a high heights into the water. More furnishing spots would be nice.
    Edited by Kingpindragon on July 8, 2018 5:45AM
  • Fortunatto
    Fortunatto
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it - fits my plans perfectly and just on the right place on Summerset coast.
    But furniture slot limit is waaay too low, I doubt I could furnish it as I want :(
    | Immortal Redeemer | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Tick-Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart | Unchained | Dawnbringer | Godslayer | PC EU
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really love this place. Gonna try and build a tower in it.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice, but would be better if something change (explain what you'd like to do inside and how they could improve)
    After my friend bought it and gave me decorator privileges so I could see what was movable and what was not, I didn't feel so bad about not being able to afford it. To me all the scraps and bits of wrecked ships, the ones that are reduced to a handful of boards, are unsightly and bugs the crap out of me. I do have a touch of OCD (actual, not just pickiness that I'm calling that) and that would kind of ruin it for me, though I think I could probably park giant rocks over those wrecks and hide them. But then I'm paying a lot of money for something I have to hide parts of. I dunno, I just think it looks kind of...junky. I *love* the coral and the beaches, and the more complete ships though!
    Edited by Minyassa on July 8, 2018 8:00PM