Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Who Wants a CP Battleground Option?

mr_wazzabi
mr_wazzabi
✭✭✭✭✭
I get why currently battlegrounds are no cp, but I would want zos to separate battlegrounds into a cp and no cp category, then allow the player to decide.

I want to be able to use the extra regen etc that I've grown accustomed to. Currently with no cp, bg has a very different feel and the gameplay is very different as a result.

Let us play the way we do in cyrodiil but in small groups zos.

Please.
Bosmer Stamina NB
Altmer Magicka TEMP
Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
Altmer Magicka NB
Breton Magicka Sorc
Redguard Stam Sorc
Max CP
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. The mmr is already all over the place, splitting people up would just mess things up even more. Besides cp in a controlled environment is ridiculous, too many drawn out fights. Which defeats the purpose of quick instanced fast paced pvp.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, no CP is better for BGs and there's not enough players for two separate queues.
    Edited by Urvoth on July 5, 2018 6:11PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well if people want it they may have it. However I tried BGs while they were CP only and they were quite bad: endless slog fests against healbots and perma-blockers. I like no-CP PvP in general, and no-CP BGs in particular for the fast pace and unforgiving nature. I like fights to be bursty.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Nah, no CP is better for BGs and there's not enough players for two separate queues.

That is your opinion.

And all of the player-base now has access to BG so the lack of player argument doesn't hold much water anymore. And it could be that if the community is lacking in players it's because they do not like No-CP play. Which makes more sense because Vivec is always the more competitive populated campaign.

I think CP queues would be great and provide far better gameplay for players who play in CP campaigns as it is. CP and No-CP requires completely different builds and play-styles and not having a CP option is punishing players who would prefer to play with CP like they already do in the most popular campaign in Cyrodil.

And CP was never the problem with BGs. Pre-made groups were.
    Edited by jaws343 on July 5, 2018 6:23PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just learn no cp, the population is already bad even with them being base game
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We tried CP Battlegrounds. Heck, I wanted CP battlegrounds, being a CP PVPer in Cyrodiil. Then we actually got them.

Thing is, they didn't do that well, because CP allows for very defensive builds in a way that No CP doesn't. Ever tried to deal with a 4 man farming group in Cyrodiil with 3 other PUGs? Yeah, that rarely turns out well. But in Cyrodiil, you at least have the option to walk away or call in backup. In CP Battlegrounds, you cant do either and just habe to keep fighting that really tanky farm group.

Rather than open up a can of worms by trying to adjust tank builds that were balanced for the larger battles of CP Cyrodiil but rather unbalanced for 4v4v4 battles, ZOS chose to revert back to No CP Battlegrounds. This made it harder to build the very defensive builds and made it easier to have fast, hard hitting battles - which most people decided we liked better after comparing it to the slow knock-down-drag-em-out fights and super tanky builds of CP BGs.

Or in other words, CP BGs had their shot. They were slow, tanky, and hard for ZOS to balance relative to Cyrodiil. Instead, ZOS chose to return to the hard-hitting fast-paced No CP BGs and I don't expect them to change it back.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 5, 2018 8:30PM
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not me
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's make Cyrodiil NO-CP only.
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have the option. The non-CP PvP would have been more balanced if it weren't for proc sets, and resource poisons, but unfortunately Zenimax believes that such carcinogens are fun.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    It would be nice to have the option. The non-CP PvP would have been more balanced if it weren't for proc sets, and resource poisons, but unfortunately Zenimax believes that such carcinogens are fun.

Resource poisons should be disabled in battlegrounds
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

And so does the playerbase. I'll take cancer gear over cancer points AND cancer gear anyday.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qwazz wrote: »

They tried that for two weeks last year. No thanks.

They also tried to have only one CP campaign and 2 No CP Campaigns last year (+Kyne). Well, there's a reason we have Shor (CP 7-day) now and not Almalexia (No CP 7-day).

I like CP PVP in Cyrodiil, even though I realize its not everyone's cup of tea.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP BGs were crap. Don’t get me wrong, I did really well in them... but CP tends to exaggerate the skill differences between new players and vet players.
    Edited by Thogard on July 6, 2018 4:07PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're not taking into account players like me who refuse to play without CP. Damage shields are way too small in No-CP.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    And CP was never the problem with BGs. Pre-made groups were.

Endless fights against defense stacking builds in CP BGs was a major problem whether or not you were dealing with pre-mades. It completely drained the fun from BGs.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're not taking into account players like me who refuse to play without CP. Damage shields are way too small in No-CP.

That is not a legitimate concern in this discussion; your build is either not optimized to function without CP or you're too used to crutching on CP sustain that allows you to spam CP shields inefficiently which does not work in no CP; you have to pay attention to resource management & learn what to shield and what to kite/take to the face. The shield sizes in NoCP are more than sufficient for experienced magsorc mains:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xeerK03Qp8

Simply because you refuse to adjust for noCP does not a BG format argument make.

P.S. that dude plays on PC NA with Australian ping & can still shield behind all that lag to pop fools in NoCP, with only 17k HP behind the shield nonetheless.
    Edited by Drakkdjinn on July 6, 2018 3:32PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta change your build around and not rely on shields for clutching. Mag sorcs are amazing for pvp
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a magsorc and can use my shields fine in no-CP. In fact, I only use 2 and slot boundless storm instead since the extra mobility is amazing in BGs. You just have to adjust for not being able to spam as much and run sustain sets and pots.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer no cp personally. Less reliance on bloated stats and more reliance on player skill.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    I get why currently battlegrounds are no cp, but I would want zos to separate battlegrounds into a cp and no cp category, then allow the player to decide.

I want to be able to use the extra regen etc that I've grown accustomed to. Currently with no cp, bg has a very different feel and the gameplay is very different as a result.

Let us play the way we do in cyrodiil but in small groups zos.

Please.

Severing the already small player base that participates in BGs into 2 separate groups is not ideal. You may want CP bgs to allow you to play your particular build to its full potential, but you most def. will not want the atrocious queue times that will come with that.

That speaks nothing to the issues inherent with cp pvp in general. We had CP bgs and they were a joke.
    Edited by exeeter702 on July 6, 2018 11:18PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a magsorc and can use my shields fine in no-CP. In fact, I only use 2 and slot boundless storm instead since the extra mobility is amazing in BGs. You just have to adjust for not being able to spam as much and run sustain sets and pots.

Sustain isn't the problem. The problem is that the moment you get focused by more than one player, you are dead. Builds that use resistance and healing or dodging, however, are still very strong in No-CP.

By the way, everyone in this thread calling damage shields a "crutch" are simply exposing their ignorance of how mag sorcs function.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like cp pvp more and really would appreciate if we could get also cp bgs. If the amount of ppl is the problem just let ppl who like faster ques que for both cp and no-cp.

Both cp and no-cp have balance issues but in my opinion cp-pvp is at the moment more balanced.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solution is very simple ...

Everyone gets same armour n stats

You queue chouse your role, choose heavy medium or light armour n game equips you with your choice ... Only thing seiersting players now is skill

I know it would never work

Shame ... Worked for socom for yrs
  • ChiknAriseMcFro
    For personal reasons aside from the aforementioned small player base I'm inclined to say no. I thought it would be neat but they need to fix the broken first. Like points not applying to leaderboard scores.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sustain isn't the problem. The problem is that the moment you get focused by more than one player, you are dead. Builds that use resistance and healing or dodging, however, are still very strong in No-CP.

By the way, everyone in this thread calling damage shields a "crutch" are simply exposing their ignorance of how mag sorcs function.

Anytime a sorc get focused on in Cyrodiil by more than one player they are dead, too. Shields or not. That's why sorcs have bolt escape. Shields are not the end all be all for survival, even with cp.
    Mag sorcs who adapt to no cp do amazing. It's not ignorance, it's over reliance on stacking a ability you've convinced yourself you can't do without.
    Notice my score? Notice I'm playing a sorc?
    It's absolutely doable, you just have to adjust how you play. You are either willing to do that, or you're not, but don't try claiming ignorance.
    https://imgur.com/kwh4YTp
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »

Anytime a sorc get focused on in Cyrodiil by more than one player they are dead, too. Shields or not. That's why sorcs have bolt escape. Shields are not the end all be all for survival, even with cp.
    Mag sorcs who adapt to no cp do amazing. It's not ignorance, it's over reliance on stacking a ability you've convinced yourself you can't do without.
    Notice my score? Notice I'm playing a sorc?
    It's absolutely doable, you just have to adjust how you play. You are either willing to do that, or you're not, but don't try claiming ignorance.
    https://imgur.com/kwh4YTp

great mag sorcs are a pain to kill in no cp
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We tried it was a nightmare

No thank you
    Edited by Morgul667 on July 8, 2018 4:04AM
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what the real problems are, I used to want to cp too but in reality I just want my resources that are locked behind cp such as my mag, stam, and health
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qwazz wrote: »

They tried that for two weeks last year. No thanks.

They also tried to have only one CP campaign and 2 No CP Campaigns last year (+Kyne). Well, there's a reason we have Shor (CP 7-day) now and not Almalexia (No CP 7-day).

I like CP PVP in Cyrodiil, even though I realize its not everyone's cup of tea.

They tried it for 2 weeks last year, pops were locked everyday of the test, not sure why you think that’s a counter-point of any kind.