The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lich Skill Line

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather have a necromancer class

Specializing in Forum Thread Necromancy, perhaps?
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You couldn't have a lich skillline. Necromancy maybe buts its a rough one on the lore (hero npc interaction for story purpose). But a Lich? That is a permanent change. It would be akin to werewolf being permanent. How do you interact with NPCs? Severe abominations that would NEVER be accepted.
  • Ann03
    Ann03
    ✭✭
    Like a few others I think a Lich class/skill line would be over the top. Lore wise it seems a rare occurrence that's difficult to obtain. Not to mention it would be like painting a target on your back anytime you walk into a populated area. Sure you might be able to disguise the rotting flesh with a few illusions & some make-up but the smell? No hiding that!

Having a Necromancer skill line (or even class) seems more obtainable, likely lore wise, and far less obvious. Anyone could be a Necromancer your neighbor, your spouse, that nice old lady down the street that brings you sweet rolls on holidays. Questing given the premise can make playing a less than reputable character a little more tricky (which is why I wish the game offered 3 different response types to choose from - not every one is a hero.) but could be done. People have ulterior motives all the time. A skill line might be better than an actual class given the current Sorcerer skills. Maybe something with blood magic?
    "The games are immaterial. What matters are the stakes. We do what must be done. Regardless of the sacrifice."
    ~Leila Ashcroft, The White Queen
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Will we be able to use the Lich skill line to "raise" enemy players in PvP and temporarily be able to control them?
    So far, the closest to being a Lich one can get in the game is High Elf with Soul Shriven or Blackmarrow skin, 2pc Nerieneth, 5pc Caluurion's Legacy, and 5pc Lich.

Dont forget the Bahraha's Curse though its not that effective in pvp.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lich/necromancers and templars fighting over dead bodies :lol:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    *"Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" starts playing*
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • LapisLazuli99
    LapisLazuli99
    ✭✭✭
    Necros are rampant as enemies but it give a good idea of the kinds of skills to expect.

Also current Necro summons could be kinda fun? The whole cheap/expendable pet spam rather than standard dps.
    Edited by LapisLazuli99 on July 12, 2018 7:23PM
    Xbox One - NA
    GT - Lapis Lazuli 99

AD - Orc Dragonknight
    AD - Breton Sorcerer
    AD - High Elf Nightblade
    AD - High Elf Templar
    AD - Wood Elf Warden
    AD - Khajiit Necromancer
    AD - High Elf Arcanist