The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sloads and duroks bane should be looked into

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Checkmath wrote: »
    I am pretty sure, that any arguments from "1vsX"'ers are invalid.
    If you are 1vsXer, that means you are already has cheesy build and just trying to nerf the only thing, that can counterplays you.
    This is ridiculous.

normally 1vX builds are well rounded and much less cheesy than what you think. if you think about the cheesiests sets like zaan, caluurion, sloads, etc, then you will see that they arent used by 1vX builds mostly.

Does guy, weared in zaan, caluurion and sload, able to be successful in 1vsX scenario?

caluurion is not a 1vX set, neither is zaan nor sloads, since all things are single target damage procs. as a 1vXer you need some decent aoe pressure, because you only get a chance to kill someone, when you get a small time window, where you can continue attacking (meaning a big aoe hit for example, so that enemies shortly have to recover or at least break free). you also cant decide on who your sloads proc when you have a little aoe damage in your build, meaning it mostly will proc on an enemy you are not focussing on ->wasted proc.

so what i stated above means, that you surely can do 1vX with those sets, but there are far better suited sets for doing so and they mostly arent cheesy at all.

That's it, mate and this easely brings us to the conclusion, that this sets aren's so OP as whiners are claiming.
    So, why even bother if several guys are able to kill ONE enemy? Aren't it mentioned naturally, huh?

This sets are NOT OP in this cases: 1vs1, small group vs small group, zerg vs zerg. Am I right?
    So, what is "broken" there again?

I'd rather would take a look on sets, that make one to 1vsX - that's a real broken stuff.

lol the one thing has nothing to do with the other.
    a set is overperforming, when it performs too well in several aspects or when it performs more than everything else in a certain situation. those cheesy sets dont work on a 1vX build, but thats a playstyle very rarely in the game, meanwhile sloads perform too good in every other situations (1v1, Xv1, zerging, sieging, bgs, small group). duroks may not work on gankers and bombers, but in every other pvp playstyle and content it performs far too well. caluurion is strong for ganking, Xv1, zerging, bgs and small group.
    Thats why those sets are too strong, because they work too good in too many aspects of the game, meanwhile you think sets are OP because they are used in 1vX....
    1vX mostly is based on the skilllevel of the one. sets dont allow 1vXing and therefore its only fair, when skilled player are able to kill several noobs.
    if you want to nerf sets used on 1vX builds, then start nerfing pretty normal sets like bone pirate, shacklebreaker, wizards riposte, pirate skeleton, desert rose or fury.

Wonder, are you answered to my post or to some imagined in your mind?

This already has been said: if someone can't outheal Slaad's in 1v1 - it's not set broken then, but that guy.
    Aren't 1vX is the same as Xv1? How it's even possible inside your single post to be "rare" in one case and "many aspects" in the other? I can only repeat myself here: aren't it naturally mentioned for several players to kill 1 guy? What a deal for sets they are wearing then?
    And this is not a thing in zergs completely, because all healers and most mages (even some staminers!) are using Purge. Always did, long before "OP" sets! And add here frkn tons of healing, just everywhere inside of zerg.

If someone wearing Durok - this is tank set, so he is opted out from part of damage stats. Is it a real problem? Maybe do not attack a group of players with tanks there while solo? And still this doesn't affect shields, right?
    Gamebreaking?

Caluurion can be hard in 1v1 scenario, especially on unaware target. But this is still once per 10 sec. And why not, i.e. Mad Tinkerer (it has AOE damage and also AOE-stun)? So Tinkerer is fine, but Caluu is gamebreaking? Hm, that strange...

I am not using any of this sets, not even have a piece of them. Just dislike that "I was killed by X, then X must be nerfed" forum meta.

looks to me, that you didnt understand anything i wrote before......
    i will go through your points one by one, maybe that helps:
    sloads in a 1v1 is pretty much the strongest dps set, since it has practically no cooldown and does more damage than master dual wield bleed.

1vX is not the same as Xv1. its a matter of perspective. if i do 1vX, i am the solo guy, if i do Xv1 i am the zergling, simple difference.

"rare" and "many aspects" werent even connected and described different things. the rare was about the amount of people able to do 1vX, which are only a few. so compared to all those guild groups, ballgroups, small scalers and zerglings, they are a very small population and therefore "rare" maybe you always see them, because they exactly know where to go.
    "several aspects" was connected to sets and if they are OP or not. once again a set is OP, because it works very good in a lot of situations. examples are sloads, caluurions, duroks bane and more, because they all work from 1v1 till zerging playstyle (duroks bane even would work in 1vX). Meanwhile a very famous 1vX set was 7th legion. the set still works good for that, but only for that, since requires to be constantly damaged from several sources, otherwise the effect procs very rarely. so you see, the set works in 1vX but does nothing for a zergling (because he doesnt take damage hiding in the zerg). so the usage of such a 1vX set is very limited and doesnt make you a god player just by wearing it.

based on even skilllevel it surely is natural, that several people together kill a solo player. but its also natural that an experienced solo player with lots of training and skill can beat several noobs (typical 1vX scenario). that doesnt have to do anything with sets, since the skilllevel and experience make the solo player good and not the sets.
    secondary as mentioned before those solo players have well rounded builds with good sustain but some burst capability. neither duroks nor sloads are sets used for that, since they neither give burst damage nor sustain (well rounded magsorcs use mostly amberplasm, shacklebreaker, lichor wizards riposte; magplars build around shacklebreaker and desert rose when using mistform; magicka nightblades can go for similar things like sorcs, may include caluurion when they are the stealthy type; magwardens go for winterborn, shacklebreaker and necropotency; magdk rather like bloodthorn if blocking a lot, for stamina the sets are more identical: bone pirate, 7th legion, fury, etc).

then you talk something about healing and purge in a zerg, dont know to what exactly that is connected....maybe to sloads and duroks. in a group those sets are easier to deal with because of huge healing and purging (there is always a healer/purger in a zerg). but in small groups such dedicated healers/purgers arent always present. on 90% of builds purge is not a solution (especially not against duroks, because its immediately reapplied).

once more about duroks, it isnt a tank set at all. there are various "damage dealer" builds including duroks, because it is like adding 30% to your damage and this is more than every other set in the game (if you cant follow me there, read the previous post about duroks pls). every builds needs healing so this set counters them all. it was intended to be used against healbots like templars, but it rather kills of every other build, because they have even less healing. duroks is OP, because it can be sued in every pvp aspect and performs more than well from 1v1 to zerg versus zerg fights.

why caluurion is more problematic than mad tinkerer: mad tinkerers animation is big and pretty flashy, so its easy to block, dodge or even just make a step aside. it is not auto target, so the miss chance is very high. caluurion instead hits targets, when they dont dodge at the right time. additionally the animation is small and is barely visible. also in melee range it is pretty much unavoidable.

good, hope this cleared up a bit.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn...
    1vX is the same as Xv1 - how hard it can be? In the 2nd case that loner guy is actually doing 1vX

Sload in 1v1? 900 DPS is killing? Kinda, remove that extra 900 DPS from attacker and you would survive? Really?

Finally you agreed that in zergs it's not so OP.

So, what if I say you, that ZOS are not interested too much in successful 1vXers? Make that 'experienced' players easier to be killed - that '1' would be upset. Leave them alone - the whole 'X' would be upset. And you can talk about "l2p" that many times as you only want - 'X' wouldn't read or listen this, rather just cancel Subs or stop playing etc. Do you really think that ZOS want it? :D
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, yesterday I quite easily survived against an opponent using Sload's and I didn't have to use even one purge, rally and vigor was enough. This was a 1 on 1, he/she died first. Maybe I got lucky, but it showed me the most effective strategy against this: Don't waste any time with them, full DPS.

Just like you wouldn't with any PvE boss, especially if they are healing themselves, so why different in PvP?

Yeah, some might probably say "easier said than done..." Sure, but it worked nevertheless, so the claim of being unbeatable is false.
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Meld777 wrote: »
    L2P
    L2P.

Sloads is fine. And necessary.

say that to pvpers like @FENGRUSH or @Gilliamtherogue whom have openly stated that sloads is a horribly implemented set and needs to be deleted, experienced pvpers who know how to play

Right, the GODS have spoken, don't dare to disagree! :lol:
    Edited by Kelces on July 4, 2018 11:41AM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn...
    1vX is the same as Xv1 - how hard it can be? In the 2nd case that loner guy is actually doing 1vX

Sload in 1v1? 900 DPS is killing? Kinda, remove that extra 900 DPS from attacker and you would survive? Really?

So, what if I say you, that ZOS are not interested too much in successful 1vXers? Make that 'experienced' players easier to be killed - that '1' would be upset. Leave them alone - the whole 'X' would be upset. And you can talk about "l2p" that many times as you only want - 'X' wouldn't read or listen this, rather just cancel Subs or stop playing etc. Do you really think that ZOS want it? :D

and again you dont listen....
    900 dps added to everything else is quite some pressure, defiled equally to to a vigor tick. basically you cancel out the enemies healing quite a bit. 900 dps is the best any procset in pvp does.
    i said that its easier to deal with in groups, but not every aspect of pvp allows big zergs like for example battlegrounds, where full groups run with sloads. since the proc stacks, its then 3600 free damage per second on top of all other damage and this kills people.
    btw guess what, the huge mass in cyrodiil running in zergs may be the bigger part of eso population, but they do not care about balance or changes. they will not care if sloads gets changed or not. they probably wont even know about aynthing, when not somebody would have told them. basically you cant make them upset by changing such a tiny thing like a set.
    secondary a lot, really a lot of people do not like big groups like that, where sloads gets insignificant when fighting them with another big group. anyway sloads gets more and more significant when one side has less players.
    just to make it clear, by changing such a thing, you make the small X happy meanwhile the big X doesnt care. the other way around the small X is upset, meanwhile the big X still does not care.
    and i believe that those old and experienced players make a huge contribution to the game, so therefore it would be wise to not make them upset. because if you do, the experienced players wont be silent and you may know what happens, when one famous guy opens his mouth. because there are people defining the meta and if they are upset, all those people who only watch youtube videos and copy paste builds will know.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn...

That extra dps amounts often to 20-30% of the total dps. 20-30% more is nothing? Well, then pls give me a set which grants 100% uptime of Major Berserk. Should be balanced, right?
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Duroks must be removed. You get a major debuff on EVERY target without doing anything.
    And here comes the best part: It has no cooldown!

That's ridiculous!
    PS5|EU
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's already being nerfed. Dead horse is now in everyone's tacos.
    That's enough now.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    It's already being nerfed. Dead horse is now in everyone's tacos.
    That's enough now.

about what are you talking? duroks bane? sloads? sloads is here since a month and didnt see a nerf, even tough people already on the pts said, that it is over the top. also duroks bane didnt see any changes since it became so famous.

maybe we should have a look at why those sets now are that famous. sloads was said to be too strong on the pts and made it unchanged into the live server. immediately some famous streamers released some builds with it and other streamers hopped on the train too. both sets, especially in combination, are known across all platforms and said to be cheese and easy gear. lot of people use them now and this makes pvp a bad experience for a lot of people. even tough it was clear, that sloads will see a change soon, the set was hyped a lot. streamers intended to make the set that famous and used, so ZoS recognizes how badly the idea of sloads was. actually this worked pretty well to the point people got accustomed to it. everyone who has some slight idea why this set is strong, agrees with it being changed, meanwhile those people finally getting some kills in pvp are surely against it.

i havent seen many good players using that set, because they all know that its broken and an unfair advantage over your enemy. and they also know, that the set will get changed soon.