The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sloads and duroks bane should be looked into

• Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can outheal defile on non CP and make it less than a tickle on CP. Defile isn’t actually strong enough against people who know how to play. Against potatoes it’s OP, I suppose.
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meld777 wrote: »
    L2P

Sounds like a sload durok zaan players reply
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    why are these two sets implemented the way they are? Duroks bane has virtually no cooldown and defile is strong and this having no cooldown just makes healing that much tougher, and you combine that with sloads and you have a dot on you that you can only really heal through to counter and duroks bane makes it that much more frustrating to counter sloads… With the amount of cheese going around I am surprised zos hasn't come out and created a ingame pizza recipe that would make sheogorath proud

Oo, @Aliyavana got killed once again, LoL :p
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    use purge, it will remove the dot from sloads.

???
    its not possible for stam build
    we can tell you have jsut 2 dots and fromt hose slod is procing on you, many classes are using also more than jsut 2 dots
    so even with only 2-3 dots and load you need to cast purge atlest 3 times becasue of also many other debuff effexts which can be easily to get in pvp from different classes like jsut status effects (tested it ofc with friend with sload)

stamina has mostly 10k max mag pool and rarely are going for mag regen, so common stamina build wont cast more than 2 times in row purge burning all his magica which is also needed for other utility than only purge
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    L2P
    L2P.

Sloads is fine. And necessary.

say that to pvpers like @FENGRUSH or @Gilliamtherogue whom have openly stated that sloads is a horribly implemented set and needs to be deleted, experienced pvpers who know how to play

Blobs has been extremely outspoken against it, too, and for good reason.

Forum warriors who think they have more insight or skill than the abovementioned really make me chuckle.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Purge is bugged. So good luck with that. :-)

Sloads is like the old viper on steroids. I'm not surprised they didn't even learn.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sloads is like the old viper on steroids. I'm not surprised they didn't even learn.

A viper that ignores all mitigation
  • Heka Cain
    Heka Cain
    ✭✭✭
    Very interesting Mr Bond, very interesting!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P
    L2P is a very vague term...
    teach-me.jpg
    So enlighten us. What is the counter for it ? (and to be clear - this setup is manageable if you 1v1.) But what if you fight against like 1v5 people running this setup & you are stamina based with no resources to use Purge ?
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh durok’s bane proc when getting hit. When you chase ppl it provide only defensive stat and 0 dmg. It’s unbalanced for dueling, I agree. But it’s really not op in open world pvp. Sload does not do nearly enough dmg to be op.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just make sure you always join group as #6 at latest :p;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I give it at least half a year before zos nerf this set to oblivion, till then either run it with a defensive set (personally I go with sload, reposte and earthgore will change that too alchemist once I get my jewelry to there) :D Until then just suffer and make forum posts
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValar85 wrote: »
    Sload is fine to be honest. finaly sorc got some candy dont robe them.

candy that can be used against them as stacking shield breaker and sloads will melt your sorc's defence

For sure gonna use sloads with infused one hand and shield and oblivion glyph on my stam dk. Spam wings, reverb, venom claw, noxious breath, heroic strike... this is how you deal with sorcs.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »

???
    we can tell you have jsut 2 dots and fromt hose slod is procing on you, many classes are using also more than jsut 2 dots
    so even with only 2-3 dots and load you need to cast purge atlest 3 times becasue of also many other debuff effexts which can be easily to get in pvp from different classes like jsut status effects (tested it ofc with friend with sload)

stamina has mostly 10k max mag pool and rarely are going for mag regen, so common stamina build wont cast more than 2 times in row purge burning all his magica which is also needed for other utility than only purge

im a stamina nightblade, i use purge, it removes sloads dot.
    the dot wont get replaced immediate because takes 6 seconds to cool down.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P
    L2P is a very vague term...
    teach-me.jpg
    So enlighten us. What is the counter for it ? (and to be clear - this setup is manageable if you 1v1.) But what if you fight against like 1v5 people running this setup & you are stamina based with no resources to use Purge ?

use purge.

and by the way, it is normal to die to prety much anything and everything when you are alone and trying to fight 5 people.
    if you are fighting more then 1 person your chance of death should be double.

consider making a build that will be able to handle what you are coming up against the most in cryodiil.
    if you are seeing people hit you with sloads constantly then plan to defend with a build against slaods.

Edited by Gilvoth on May 29, 2018 3:26PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P
    L2P.

say that to pvpers like @FENGRUSH or @Gilliamtherogue whom have openly stated that sloads is a horribly implemented set and needs to be deleted, experienced pvpers who know how to play

you should be able to rely on your own inteligence and experience and ingame wisdom to make your own builds and make your own ideas of what works and does not work for You and Your current situation.

take the time to study your game and how it works instead of relying on popular complaints.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

???

so you was or lucki and you had no any other dots
    yes I could use purge for this if I will fight agaisnt people without dot spam
    but I tested yesterday it with friend whjo was using only 3 doth where 1 of this was not even noticable volitile armor and with sload ofc

so I had maybe m25-33% chance to purge just sload from those 4 dot s in overall with other debuf applied on me
    purge is not efficient against this with common enemies whoa re using 1-3 dots not even on dot build (1 dot can be from axes and other dot jsut from status effect)

I really triet to have use of purge but dont work, as I wrote I have maybe 25% chance to get purge on slad becuase of many other negative effects + even single purge is eating mostly half of my magica regen and even when I have 1.4k mag regen from drink I will use purge 2 times in row and have magica only for 1 more purge or cloak and then I cant even cast this 1 cloak more after this while still I have not guaranted sload will be purged
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

???

but I tested yesterday it with friend whjo was using only 3 doth where 1 of this was not even noticable volitile armor and with sload ofc

so I had maybe m25-33% chance to purge just sload from those 4 dot s in overall with other debuf applied on me
    purge is not efficient against this with common enemies whoa re using 1-3 dots not even on dot build (1 dot can be from axes and other dot jsut from status effect)

I really triet to have use of purge but dont work, as I wrote I have maybe 25% chance to get purge on slad becuase of many other negative effects + even single purge is eating mostly half of my magica regen and even when I have 1.4k mag regen from drink I will use purge 2 times in row and have magica only for 1 more purge or cloak and then I cant even cast this 1 cloak more after this while still I have not guaranted sload will be purged

then your build should be adjusted.
    are you running into that type of fight all the time or just once in a while?
    purge should not be your one and only defence, but it should work when you need it to.

if you are finding that you need purge to be cast multiple times in every single fight then why not make a build that is able to cast purge multiple times like you need.
    you are not bound to one specific build, eso changes every 90 days, and so does my build.
    we all face that because of patches.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

???

purge should not be your one and only defence, but it should work when you need it to.

if you are finding that you need purge to be cast multiple times in every single fight then why not make a build that is able to cast purge multiple times like you need.
    you are not bound to one specific build, eso changes every 90 days, and so does my build.

before sload only reason to slot purge was mark, I was able to survive spam dot fest becuase of cloak
    I had just 16health, I was really squishy but I was builded for regens (1.5k mag reg and 2.9k stam reg when vampire)
    but even with this my regen I cannot survive anymoe dot spam fest just by simply not working cloak becasue:
    a) cloak dont work because of sload
    b) cant cast cloak because of magica wasterd for purge so at all im still dying because:
    - just getting nuke because of no cloak
    - every other dot reapplied and now melted by dots becasue also no cloak to surpress it
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gprime31 wrote: »
    L2P

Sounds like a sload durok zaan players reply

Any player worth their salt would be running Skoria with a dot set like Sload's, not Zaan. Add a bleed build and you're golden. Cheese your way to 1st place.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sload's is far too OP and is even P2W as it's only craftable with Summerset. In no-cp BG's you can't out heal Sloads, especially when the cheese lords are running it with Durok's and Skoria. They just apply their dot's, let Skoria auto proc on cool-down, and watch you burn. GG.
    Edited by akray21 on May 29, 2018 8:05PM
  • tannips
    tannips
    ✭✭✭

???

It's not a build issue with sloads. There's literally no counterplay for it with the exception of purge. Good luck running that on a stam class and sustaining it. You seem to also forget that you shouldn't have to play a completely defense oriented build in order to deal with one set that's both overperforming and super easy to attain. And even if you are playing a completely defensive build, guess what? It doesn't matter. Sloads is flat damage that can't be resisted. This set was a terrible idea and I can't wait for it to be nerfed.
    PC | NA
    REGICIDE Guildmaster
    #StamWhip
    YouTube
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    L2P
    L2P.

you should be able to rely on your own inteligence and experience and ingame wisdom to make your own builds and make your own ideas of what works and does not work for You and Your current situation.

take the time to study your game and how it works instead of relying on popular complaints.

Says the guy who has been complaining about sorcs for the past 3 years cause he cant kill one without the help of an entire group. The irony.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P
    L2P.

There is no intelligence or thought provoking gameplay in a set that forces every single person in the game to run a purge. That's called imbalance if one set is so strong that everyone in the game is forced to run a counter to it. Please refrain from giving advice that can't even follow its own line of logic.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I decided to try and put together something that covers most of the complaints in this forum.

I ran sload, shield breaker, troll king front bar dw with back bar vma battle axe. Front bar is axe and mace. Umm weapons are purple but mace is infused with oblivion enchant.

Over all even with front bar purple weapons I could hold my one 1v1 and 1v2 against most classes. Tanks melt to bleeds and any sorcs not smart enough to dodge roll and steak melted. Though mostly the build is actually over all extremely well to good mag sorcs.

Sload though... Nerf it. In 1v1 and 1v2 situations it was my top damage. 1v3+ hurricane would finally pass it.

Add the fact it breaks cloak and procs off anything, I had it proc on siege... It's way over performing.

Considering trying out a sword and shield back bar instead of 2h just to add major defile.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P
    L2P.

There is no intelligence or thought provoking gameplay in a set that forces every single person in the game to run a purge. That's called imbalance if one set is so strong that everyone in the game is forced to run a counter to it. Please refrain from giving advice that can't even follow its own line of logic.

This
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh this thread was hidden in the combat section now
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is ironic to see some of the fiercest of NB defenders come here to defend the obvious cheese combo. I mean, Sload's Semblance will pull them out of their oh so precious Cloak and Durok's Bane won't let them heal themselves. This should be of more concern to NBs than Sorcs. And yet, here they are, defending these two sets thinking that they are the least affected when it is the opposite.
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    You can outheal defile on non CP and make it less than a tickle on CP. Defile isn’t actually strong enough against people who know how to play. Against potatoes it’s OP, I suppose.

You cannot outdo Defile CP or non-CP by yourself. Not every class has Major Mending readily available and Major Vitality only lasts very short amount of time. Defile also will be reapplied regardless of those and still prevent you from healing a lot. You can keep thinking it ain't OP. I mean, that is how most large group runners think anyways.

Left Click meta so smaht and skillful hurr durr
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on May 29, 2018 11:16PM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: to those of you saying to purge it, let me just waste the virtually nonexistent pool of magic casting it on a stam class and get the same debuff 2 seconds later.

why are these two sets implemented the way they are? Duroks bane has virtually no cooldown and defile is strong and this having no cooldown just makes healing that much tougher, and you combine that with sloads and you have a dot on you that you can only really heal through to counter and duroks bane makes it that much more frustrating to counter sloads… With the amount of cheese going around I am surprised zos hasn't come out and created a ingame pizza recipe that would make sheogorath proud

Because people need to die okay?! If things like this were not in the game there would be too many infinite sustain block and heal tools out there as if there aren't enough already.

Think of defile and sload as balance to that and your life will be much less stressful :)

On another note, sload is craftable and available to everyone. USE IT.
    Edited by lazerlaz on May 30, 2018 3:27AM
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teach a rookie. This has to be multiple people focusing the same player with Sload's, right? I mean, 1v1 it doesn't seem like it'd be that bad with a 6 second cool down. I haven't had a chance to get back into Cyro since Summerset due largely to limited play time.