Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark Cloak

Pelican
Pelican
✭✭✭✭✭
I like the concept of the new cloak changes, one for stealth and one for healing, but honestly the healing morph of cloak is TOO WEAK! Only 30-35% of max HP and it doesn't even benefit from healing done passives. It's pretty much a 3-second vigor that is half strength and 3 second minor protection. I understand its meant for high HP builds but you need to have a TON of hp for it to even be mildly effective.

Some possible changes:
-Make it benefit from healing done passive
-Double its total healing done but increase its duration to 8s
-Increase its healing done based on % of missing health
-Reduce its cost to 3k
-Add minor evasion (since you're still sort of cloaked)

I'm not saying implement ALL of these changes, just one or two would be nice.
Edited by Pelican on June 28, 2018 9:17PM
PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Better yet: remove all Max HP-scaling abilities from Battle spirit debuff, including but not limited to: Igneous shield, Bone shield, Sun shield, Dragon blood, Dark cloak, Blood Altar synergy...
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may already benefit from healing boosts as I think GDB does. How much it heals and it's cost are fairly similar to GDB as well and NBs are already has access to major evasion . We do not need to give them both major and minor.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In pvp it isn't an efficient heal to use on most builds. Even on a 40k health build it is quite lackluster in terms of what you have to sacrifice. Battlespirit cuts down the heal to 17.5% meaning it will heal for about 7k over 3 seconds if you have 40k health. On any normal build or even builds with 30k health it simply isn't worth slotting.

Removing it from battlespirit makes it too strong though, because it isn't aimed at a % of missing health, but at a % of max health. They would have to redesign the ability to make it viable in pvp. In its current form it is crap.
    Edited by Koensol on June 29, 2018 9:39AM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want the old dark cloak back. Gimme a nerfed version i dont care. Running efficient purge is just not sustainable for medium stamblade.

edit: when i say old cloak i mean 1.6. nerfed as in 2 dot cleanses, no more debuff cleanse.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on June 30, 2018 12:46PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give me the old Dark Cloak. I bet LESS people are using this skill now.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It costs too much and heals for too little. They can even remove the Minor Protection if they buff to something like 66% of your maximum health. Or they can increase the Minor Protection duration to something like 10s, but even then, I would not place it on my bar.
    Edited by Nevasca on June 29, 2018 2:02PM
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, no role outside of a tank would use this ability. For 17k dps, when you need a heal you need it QUICKLY. This is why GDB is so much better -instant heal. True, it’s onlh 33% or missing health, not max, but a good heal now beats a slightly better heal later (and DK’s have near constant Major Mending with Igneous, so GDB can be a massive heal). NB’s don’t have access to major mending outside of Soul Siphon, which no one uses anyway, so the heal is just too little too late.
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, no role outside of a tank would use this ability. For 17k dps, when you need a heal you need it QUICKLY. This is why GDB is so much better -instant heal. True, it’s onlh 33% or missing health, not max, but a good heal now beats a slightly better heal later (and DK’s have near constant Major Mending with Igneous, so GDB can be a massive heal). NB’s don’t have access to major mending outside of Soul Siphon, which no one uses anyway, so the heal is just too little too late.

Its a tank ability lul, made to match templars health shield, and wardens health heal+HoT and sorc's clanfear. GDB them all being instant.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭
    delete
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they removed the minor protection, upped the cost, made it unreliable and made it take up 2 bar-slots, you'd have a clanfear.. #nerfsorc.
    Edited by Biro123 on June 30, 2018 12:06PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A ) dark cloak is not intended for non tank builds.

B ) soul siphon is major vitality not mending. And its an ultimate for NB healers.

This isthe problem. Similar to malevolent offering, players have the preconceived (and false) notion that NBs are exclusively a damage dealing stealth class. And when zos provides new tools with goal of improving NBs in healing or tanking roles, said players immediately apply those new tools to damage builds and immediately rule them as inferior

"Oh a new self heal, how will this improve my survivability as a medium burst damage pvp stamblade?"

It wont, its not supposed to.

That being said, dark cloak is still pretty *** in pvp and marginally useful in pve for tanks. But an alternative to vigor and rally or the many healing options for magblades this is not.
    Edited by exeeter702 on June 30, 2018 6:16PM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty bad, problem is they intoduce a hot into the defile meta. Pretty much every time you fight your healing is cut in half. So pvp it makes the hot really ***
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can get a 9k tooltip on a build with 9k effective spell damage and a damage proc set, it’s not weak.

Edit: that’s 9k in Cyrodiil
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 30, 2018 11:45PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's no Green Dragon Blood, that's for sure.
  • xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Own wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

No. Dark Cloak is a blessing for NB tanks. (Eventhough 4 ticks is a bit too long imo, should be 3 ticks for the same amount of 4 ticks)

Edited by xI_The_Owl_Ix on July 1, 2018 5:19AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    I can get a 9k tooltip on a build with 9k effective spell damage and a damage proc set, it’s not weak.

That's huge . Would really like to hear about this build .
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's huge . Would really like to hear about this build .

I think he's referring to:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/415388/clockwork-sload-no-stealth-mageblade-meta-harder-max-cheese/p1
  • Expert
    Expert
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Cloak should be buffed to have no cost and grant you major protection. If spotted the cloak will release a sonic boom releasing a shield granting the person 5k to his hp. Nowadays too many people find Nightblades and it's disappointing that the purpose of cloak is not working at all. ZOS needs to take a lot of thought into this and deconstruct the flaws and make changes.

Personally I'm a Sorc and everytime i use cloak with my control key it i always get spotted by everyone. i try dark cloaking and it just never works because there's detect pots ruining my sorc abilities to gank with overload. This is why i finally decided to get on the forums and make a complaint, i can't stand this unbalanced gameplay, these days i just slot on zaans , runecage, and meteor. i have 3 jewleries all for sprinting, my mag sorc is balanced between 40 points in stam and 20+ in magicka, i wanted to kinda reallocate some into hp but i'm heavily depending on dark cloak on my sorc. i just don't understand why everyone can still see me.

Next time u see me in the fields watch out because i have cloak and will destroy you with my overload but i can dissapear very quickly
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want the old dark cloak back. Gimme a nerfed version i dont care. Running efficient purge is just not sustainable for medium stamblade.

edit: when i say old cloak i mean 1.6. nerfed as in 2 dot cleanses, no more debuff cleanse.
    Nah we can't have purge back it would make it to unfair of a matchup against sorcs they won't be able to damage us since we can purge their curse.Plus Runce cage probably gonna be nerfed soon so balanced wise it won't be fair.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

No. Dark Cloak is a blessing for NB tanks. (Eventhough 4 ticks is a bit too long imo, should be 3 ticks for the same amount of 4 ticks)
    I can't even us it on my tank since my weapon crit is higher than my spell crit.
  • xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I can't even us it on my tank since my weapon crit is higher than my spell crit.

You dont need the crit heals though, do you? I tanked every DLC dungeon hardmode without a healer and the healing is great. It could be more bursty with only 3 ticks instead of 4 but thats the only "issue" I see.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed.

Been using it on a stam build and its really not bad at all. I think people envision a burst heal and don't make effective use of an additional HoT to layer on top of Vigor.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

You dont need the crit heals though, do you? I tanked every DLC dungeon hardmode without a healer and the healing is great. It could be more bursty with only 3 ticks instead of 4 but thats the only "issue" I see.
    Do I need it yes it should be useful for both tanks not just one type.I have also beat the DLC dungeons without it but its need to be made so the ability is better for both tanking playstyle.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expert wrote: »
    I think Cloak should be buffed to have no cost and grant you major protection. If spotted the cloak will release a sonic boom releasing a shield granting the person 5k to his hp. Nowadays too many people find Nightblades and it's disappointing that the purpose of cloak is not working at all. ZOS needs to take a lot of thought into this and deconstruct the flaws and make changes.

Personally I'm a Sorc and everytime i use cloak with my control key it i always get spotted by everyone. i try dark cloaking and it just never works because there's detect pots ruining my sorc abilities to gank with overload. This is why i finally decided to get on the forums and make a complaint, i can't stand this unbalanced gameplay, these days i just slot on zaans , runecage, and meteor. i have 3 jewleries all for sprinting, my mag sorc is balanced between 40 points in stam and 20+ in magicka, i wanted to kinda reallocate some into hp but i'm heavily depending on dark cloak on my sorc. i just don't understand why everyone can still see me.

Next time u see me in the fields watch out because i have cloak and will destroy you with my overload but i can dissapear very quickly

LOL

Sorc has dark cloak now? Where do I find?
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Add 1k or 2k health to battle spirit? (more damage flying around that patch anyways) But yeah I agree that the heal is a little weak
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Rohamad_Ali

5 Shackle Body
    5 Duroks front bar
    2 Skoria
    Endurance resto powered.

7 tri stat glyphs, Clockwork citrus(or WM), apprentice Mundus.

5/1/1 Heavy.

On an Argonian that’s ~8,900 base heal in Cyrodiil.
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive tried running it on my stamblade heavy brawler in PvP and its worthless even at 30k HP. Even pairing it with vigor its no where near as usefull as the other morph.

Crit surge in comparison will heal competitively as good if not better since its a 30 second buff.

They need to go back to the drawing board.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, it’s also usable in medium/large scale whereas the invisibility morph isn’t really useful there