Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So... a friend of mine just bought the game and we got totally different tutorials. Explanation?

JderrasAlchemist
JderrasAlchemist
Soul Shriven
My friend bought just the vanilla version, no DLC, no Morrowind, yet he still ended up in Seyda Neen. When I made my character, I ended up in Coldharbour as normal, and I don't have any DLC either. And now we can't meet up. What in Oblivion is going on?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good news is that you will be able to meet up just fine after the tutorials are complete. It looks like your friend bought a version that includes Morrowind so he starts there. Once you each finish your tutorials, just have your friend teleport to your location and you can group up from there.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what happened there, but your friend CAN join you in the old tutorial...
    there's a Hooded Figure they can talk to back on the mainland, who will get them promptly murdered and sent to Coldharbor.
    B)
    Good Luck!
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • JderrasAlchemist
    JderrasAlchemist
    Soul Shriven
    The good news is that you will be able to meet up just fine after the tutorials are complete. It looks like your friend bought a version that includes Morrowind so he starts there. Once you each finish your tutorials, just have your friend teleport to your location and you can group up from there.

Alright thanks. He says he bought the $9.99 version directly from the website, and it looks like Morrowind doesn't have a price on the Steam store from what I can tell, so I'm guessing all new copies of the game just get Morrowind?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alright thanks. He says he bought the $9.99 version directly from the website, and it looks like Morrowind doesn't have a price on the Steam store from what I can tell, so I'm guessing all new copies of the game just get Morrowind?

Morrowind just became DLC content as of June 5th ... so it's no longer available as part of the base game.

Your friend likely purchased his version before that date.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does your friend have ESO+ by chance? If so Morrowind is included with that subscription.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"