The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question on skill lines and how to level.

Joxer61
Joxer61
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, I get that you put a skill for each tree on your bar to level said tree, and the more of that tree you have slotted the more it will level. Also, you can have say, a bow skill on while not using a bow and that will level as well. My question is this...do I have to morph the slotted skills in order for the tree to keep levelling? Or, can I just put the unmorphed skill on my bar and leave it there and keep going, i.e. saving my points? Or are the skills required to be morph in order for tree level to advance?
Make any sense? I think I am "wasting" skill points and thus slowing down my levelling process my using all my points as they come available and morphing skills I really don't need but think I have to put points into in order to advance the skill tree. Granted, some skills you do want to morph in order to help with levelling and killing, etc., but can I stop there and wait until the tree hits like level 42 and a skill I need unlocks? Or do I have to keep unlocking them all?
Hope this makes some sense to folks and if not, no worries. Thanks!! ;)
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to morph the skill to keep gaining XP from having it slotted.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to morph the skill to keep gaining XP from having it slotted.

THANK YOU!!! ')
  • HackTheMinotaur
    HackTheMinotaur
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are correct about not needing to morph the skill. One thing I will often do though is swap the skill out for the next skill in the tree once I reach the morph point.

Yes you are using up skill points but I would rather do that then waste a spot by having a skill stuck at rank 4 when I could be leveling a new one.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are correct about not needing to morph the skill. One thing I will often do though is swap the skill out for the next skill in the tree once I reach the morph point.

Yes you are using up skill points but I would rather do that then waste a spot by having a skill stuck at rank 4 when I could be leveling a new one.

Good advice! Will try and do that from now on, or maybe reset and go from there. Cheers! :)