Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Single player where to start? please help :)

Gulnagel
Gulnagel
✭✭✭✭
So I've had ESO for a long time and I have high CP but then it struck me, I have never taken the time to fully enjoy the singleplayer experience, since I've always rushed my way to level 50 and jumped in to multiplayer - dungeons and trials.

So now I figured I want to give the singleplayer aspect of the game a chance. I have ESO+ and morrowind, haven't bought summerset yet since I want to finish the other content but where do I start?

I've never experienced dark brotherhood, thieves guild or the main story so now I created a Nightblade and I'm good to go, I started in ebonhearth pact and travelled from morrowind to dagons watch to get the story starting in bleak rock isle and I just finished that quest and turned lvl 10.

To get the best experience in what order should I start the dlc's and everything? :)

Best Answer

• Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who always restarts and finally stop and continued with my character, I think I know what you mean even though I never touched PvP and not rushed my character.

First thing to do is START THE DARK BROTHERHOOD QUEST. Why? To get the Blade of Woe. I like to think when I use the Blade of Woe I am not killing people but knocking them out since they come back anyways. So this way if I want to role play a thief or just a sneaky person, I can "knock them out" instead of killing them.

I don't know what quests you have done or not so will start from the beginning. I only know of Aldmeri Dominion so will use that as an example. So what ever your alliance is start and finish the Starter Location quests first. So in the case of AD, go to Kanarthi's Roost and finish those quests then head to Vulkehel Guard and start those quests.

From there just do what ever you want then. Continue with the main story line if you haven't done so but also keep doing the side quests and other quests like Thieves Guild, Mages Guild or what ever you haven't done so.

I hate going in a "straight line" story wise so I say do what ever you want. Some people will say don't because the story might not make sense or be weird, but I rather have the freedom and have weird instead of "following the story" and loose my freedom if I wanted to wonder else where.

Hope this helps. Just remember first thing to do is start the Dark Brotherhood quest to get the Blade of Woe ability and then continue on or do something else. It will just make the "sneaky" part of the game more fun.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
    Answer ✓
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd finish the main quest and all the faction quests first before moving to the DLCs. For Morrowind it makes sense to play Dark Brotherhood before. The best order would be in order of release, so Orsinium, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Morrowind, and then Clockwork City.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This page has a diagram with all the quests and the order they are connected, but yes, as commenter said above, if you do the main+faction quests, then you can move on to doing the other factions' stories (Cadwell's silver and gold) and then the DLC's/chapters:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/UESPWiki:Online_Quest_Project
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to do the quests in order, here's my suggestions for the order in which the quests make the most sense: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/413807/what-order-should-i-do-esos-story-arcs-a-guide
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a habit of starting new character, and when he spawns into game at level 3, i'll open Champion points and apply all 750 cp points/my account is maxed out for cp. Then i do the Prismatic Blade quest to get maxed out version of Prismatic Blade.