The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did a Zaan nerf sneak through?

Xuhora
Xuhora
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello there

I was parsing with my magtemplar this afternoon and something seemed a little fishy to me. While trying out how Siroria / BSW / Mother Sorrow etc work out, i realized, that no matter what i do; Zaan always deals less dmg than on my saved parse pre Summerset.

This is the parse Pre Summerset, wearing Mechanical Acuity + 4 Moondancer + VMA inferno backbar:
IRSv1x9.png

This is the parse Post Summerset, wearing Siroria + BSW + VMA inferno backbar:
Todb6T9.png

This is the parse Post Summerset, wearing Mechanical Acuity + BSW + VMA inferno backbar:
WBlxt9y.png

As you may notice, i never manage to get Zaan as high as it used to be, and i honestly dont believe, that the MA uptime post Summerset is the only thing that is causing the dmg loss on zaan.
Am i missing something? i never read something in the patchnotes about zaan doing less dmg, then again; its pretty hard to search the forums about zaan, because all i get are nerfthreads.
Maybe i will seem like a total fishhead after someone posts the patchnotes where it mentions that zaan got nerfed. or maybe a tweak on that set sneaked through without beeing mentioned. I really dont know.

Thank you for the help in advance
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you change cp distribution? It's only 500 damage different. That doesnt sound like a Zos nerf.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You proc'd zaans fewer times in the post-summerset parses, I think you just got good zaan proc RNG in the first parse. Also, MA can't have anything to do with zaan damage since proc damage is incapable of critting.

This looks less like a ninja nerf and more like a case of RNG variance, especially because the data pool here is so low ( you only have one preSummerset parse, what if that's an outlier?).
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    + no minor slayer post summerset
    + minor vulnerability only in the second post summerset parse
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -