The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ALL FOOD SHOULD BE FURNISHING!

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
You heard me! Every dish in the game should be able to be placed in the world for decoration! This will allow us to host parties properly, by putting out a buffet for our guests!

What say you, denizens of Tamriel? Should we be able to place food onto a table before consuming it?
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just put it by the sink. It's not going to make it to the table anyway, if I'm there.
    You heard me! Every dish in the game should be able to be placed in the world for decoration! This will allow us to host parties properly, by putting out a buffet for our guests!

What say you, denizens of Tamriel? Should we be able to place food onto a table before consuming it?

Options
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    Just put it by the sink. It's not going to make it to the table anyway, if I'm there.

Hands off! That Clockwork Citrus Filet is NOT for you!
    Options
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what you're asking for here.

Ability to make a furnishing version of every consumable recipe?
    Ability to eat the furnishing foods?
    Both?
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hell yes! It's stupid that it's not!
    Options
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish everything could be placed or dropped, like in UO. It would be cool to display a weapon or armor...some of the purple pickpocket items would be perfect furnishings.
    Options
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think OP is asking for the food and drink to mimic the Ivory, Polished furnishing item. Not only is Ivory Polished a furnishing, it is also a material item in many furnishing recipes.

ZOS has shown that it is possible to have items have dual purposes. I have no objection with having each food dish to also be a furnishing item. It would give value to some of those low level foods that most people grow out of and never use again.
    Edited by G1Countdown on June 29, 2018 5:36PM
    Options
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

Both?

Both could be nice, if you could set placed food to being edible or non-edible. That way you could use food for decoration without some gluttonous jerk going around eating everything, but you could place edible food out for people for RP purposes.
    Options
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the same note I think that all the the items you can steal from people should be furnishing items. Especially the purple ones. But yes I agree with your statement.
    Options
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

Both?

Both could be nice, if you could set placed food to being edible or non-edible. That way you could use food for decoration without some gluttonous jerk going around eating everything, but you could place edible food out for people for RP purposes.

I could see food being the new lights. "We need a way to stop...."
    Options
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish everything could be placed or dropped, like in UO. It would be cool to display a weapon or armor...some of the purple pickpocket items would be perfect furnishings.

Yes! Mannequins for armor would be cool! And I'm pretty sure one of the game's many "treasures" is a collection of argonian pictures of a questionable nature. They might have to censor that one! XD
    Options
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes! Mannequins for armor would be cool! And I'm pretty sure one of the game's many "treasures" is a collection of argonian pictures of a questionable nature. They might have to censor that one! XD

Hmm yes, I can only imagine people proudly displaying their mucky Argonian paintings - actually maybe we shouldn't have that one. I'd love the 'Daedra cavorting in the ruins' picture though :lol:

I love the food idea though, mine's a Solitude and Salmon Soup and some fine wine thanks.
    PC EU & NA
    Options
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm yes, I can only imagine people proudly displaying their mucky Argonian paintings - actually maybe we shouldn't have that one. I'd love the 'Daedra cavorting in the ruins' picture though :lol:

I love the food idea though, mine's a Solitude and Salmon Soup and some fine wine thanks.

They could always make the "questionable" pictures really small and blurry so they're hard to make out. As for the illustrated edition of the Lusty Argonian Maid, I'm sure they could get away with just showing the cover.
    Options
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, I think the daedra cavorting in the ruins picture is something we'd all like to see.

"Oh my god! I didn't know you could do THAT to a clannfear!"

Edit: In case it wasn't obvious, that was a joke.
    Edited by Azurephoenix999 on June 29, 2018 6:04PM
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're going to have the Clanfear Protection League shutting this place down....
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if we cant get some or all of the recipes, there are existing food and drink items in the game we should be able to create as furniture for display.

I mean not all my characters are Fruitarians or Vegans.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    You're going to have the Clanfear Protection League shutting this place down....

Not the CPL! Everyone, hide!
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All furnishings should be food!

...let me eat my couch. o:)
    Options
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Even if we cant get some or all of the recipes, there are existing food and drink items in the game we should be able to create as furniture for display.

I mean not all my characters are Fruitarians or Vegans.

There are a significant number of meat items available as furnishings, as seen here But what's noticeable there is how few are on platters or dishes, meaning you use up two slots instead of one. I'd really like to see single furnishing items like "Breton dining table, set" with all the food and dishes and utensils already on it, (additionally, not instead of anything).
    Options
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^this....

how many of the furnishings serve no purpose other than standing around looking like, well um, furniture...

beds i can't sleep on wardrobes i can't put things in....

at least let me eat them.
    Options
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So should trophies you get from hard mode trials, even those ones that drop from monsters and the stolen goods that are meant to be vendor trash.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^this....

how many of the furnishings serve no purpose other than standing around looking like, well um, furniture...

beds i can't sleep on wardrobes i can't put things in....

at least let me eat them.

Yes. I wish sleep could be worked into the game as a gameplay mechanic so beds would have a use.

Maybe if you activate a bed, it'll log you out, and if you wait over 8 hours before logging back in on that character, you'll get a passive 20% exp bonus for the next real-time day?

Other furniture needs use too.
    Options
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it would be neat to see--same goes for mementos and stolen items--that's a hell of a lot of time and resources spent for...well...something not very important. There's plenty of food items/platters/meal recipes out there for now~
    Edited by Numerikuu on June 29, 2018 9:23PM
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Where is lol when I need it?!
    Options
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I raise you all crafting mats should be furnishing. Ore, ingots, sanded and rough wood, herbs. It would make for much better workshops.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    Options
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    food, armour and weapons as furnishings
    Options