Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

The Conservatory - Active RP Guild seeking players!

bryn_hilde

I'm here on behalf of The Conservatory, a small but highly active roleplaying guild on the NA Server (PS4). We started not too long ago but have a committed group of players, seeking to flavor the world of Tamriel with immersive storytelling. But we don't just rp - we do a mix of both roleplay AND leveling activities (usually quests tied into roleplay so we can roleplay while we level), lorebook hunts, and skill shard hunts.

We are conglomerating into a central rp guild, but if you have no guild slots - no fear! We also do supplemental roleplay on BAND: click here to check us out.. You can join the BAND and mill about, but please note that entry into the guild IG is on an interview-like basis. This is to weed out trolls and ensure active, quality roleplayers are among us.

While "The Conservatory"'s basis started as a Bard's College RP (since there wasn't one IG), we have multiple primary homes dedicated to different avenues of roleplay. We also roleplay all around Tamriel on quests and taverns, in GROUP chats.

Current stories we've been working on to give you a sense of what we do IG and on BAND: Nocturnal worshippers, Daedric followers, Pirates, Bards, Hircine Hunters...and a budding orc stronghold! We've got it all, and are prepared to flourish more with your creativity aboard.

Feel free to PM me here, in game, or on band: bryn_hilde is my PS4 handle, as well.

Also feel free to post comments/questions here.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm... this intrigues me. My PSNID is SenpaiFluffy - I'm going to see if I still have ESO for PS4. If I do I'll pop by and say hi. Haven't been on PS4 ESO in a long time, and haven't checked out the PS4 RP scene at all. Might be fun. :)
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • OLeathlohair
    I don't understand, what does it mean to RP as you play? It seems we already do that. Are y'all dressing up, making up roles for yourselves sort of like acting? I'm not criticizing, but can you explain how your games compare to regular players.

Thanks.
  • bryn_hilde
    Please do, @Marginis ! We'd love to see you around.

@OLeathlohair no worries. We simply bring more "character" to the voiceless PC that we play in game. Our characters interact sort of like the NPCS do, having conversations in the HUD chat (most of us use keyboards) and fighting things together through the stories that evolve through this in-character chat. Our characters in game wear costumes and armor that reflects them. We don't use voice chat and we don't do anything in real life - it's just simply an enhancement to the game itself.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand, what does it mean to RP as you play? It seems we already do that. Are y'all dressing up, making up roles for yourselves sort of like acting? I'm not criticizing, but can you explain how your games compare to regular players.

Thanks.

Not to say that styles of RP can't vary greatly, but here's something I wrote for my guild on xbox that might help explain what roleplaying is.

For those that do not know what RP, or roleplaying, is: In this context it basically means that while you are in-game, you play as though you are your character. You are no longer a gamer playing E-S-O. Instead, you are Tskune the Great, high warrior of the land, adventuring across the expanses of Tamriel! In other words, you do not look at the game in terms of it being a game, with skill trees, stats, and levels, but you look at it as a real world like our own ...with the exception of having magic and talking cat people. As your character, you do not have skills on an ability bar - you might simply have the use of certain magicks. Instead of having a certain level, you might think of yourself as being particularly skilled (or unskilled) at a craft or combat style. When speaking or acting in-game too, you play as though you are your character. This could mean speaking with a hiss as an Argonian or referring to yourself as "this one" as a Khajiit. It could also mean a different personality or quirk to the way you act, anywhere from being as grim and serious as a hardened mercenary to dressing up in a chef outfit and serving everyone sweetrolls at gatherings. The only limits are your imagination. For some, this kind of thing comes naturally. Others take time to learn it. Regardless, RP allows all of us to much more fully immerse ourselves in the world of the Elder Scrolls Online, and because of that, we enjoy playing ESO in a way non-roleplayers never will.

@bryn_hilde can say if there are any differences with this guild from this explanation.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • bryn_hilde
    Nope. This was beautiful and perfect. <3
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly I seem to have lost my PS4 ESO disc - it's been a while since I've used it (and my roommate's copy is probably in some police evidence locker somewhere (don't ask). If I do end up finding it or if I manage to repurchase my PS4 copy though I'll let you know.
  • bryn_hilde
    Please do. We'd love to have you.

Also feel free if you'd like to RP exclusively on BAND - and can join us later in game, that's fine as well.

https://band.us/band/69593997
  • bryn_hilde
    A bump and an update:

The Conservatory has decided to convert to a more open-ended role-playing guild. Not only to we house a Bards College, but all of our members have guild-open primaries to roleplay all your wildest fantasies: pirates, orc tribesman, thieves, assassins... whatever you want!

Come see us. Song and Shadow RP

https://band.us/band/69593997
  • bryn_hilde
    Song and Shadow is still alive and kicking!'

Hey, join our 'Song & Shadow - An ESO Role-Playing Guild' group on BAND - The app for groups and communities!
    https://band.us/n/adafXdQfo1i0x

We have a variety of cool storylines to jump into:
    Summerset Pirates
    Orc Stronghold
    Bard's College
    Mercenary Company
    Bordello
    Dark Brotherhood
    High Society Vampires
    And whatever you can think of!
  • SkyDweller
    SkyDweller
    Soul Shriven
    Id love to join and hop in some RP'ing in game. PSN is R-rapzz. send an invite!
  • kriegernight
    kriegernight
    ✭✭
    PS NA Server
    PSN: KriegerNight
  • kriegernight
    kriegernight
    ✭✭
    PS NA Server
    PSN: KriegerNight
  • bryn_hilde
    @SkyDweller and @kriegernight , check out our band first and we can get you in!!!

https://band.us/n/adafXdQfo1i0x