The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

any plans for Cyrodill updates?

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_BrianWheeler

like awesome overhauls and what not, shake ups, or is this it?
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd settle for the lag, crashes, disconnects, and general bugs being fixed. That would really shake things up, IMO.
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not likely, but I bet a camel with a new skin shows up on the crown store soon... priorities.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delsskia wrote: »
    Not likely, but I bet a camel with a new skin shows up on the crown store soon... priorities.

With lightning shooting out of its feet and fire from its eyes. omg I can't wait.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

ZOS abandoned PVP, they are not planning to change cyrodill by abit, in fact, i dont think any of the devs knows whats going with the code in there. Its like a dark section, no dev is brave enough to touch it.
    Edited by amir412 on June 26, 2018 5:38AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

ZOS abandoned PVP, they are not planning to change cyrodill by abit, in fact, i dont think any of the devs knows whats going with the code in there. Its like a dark section, no dev is brave enough to touch it.

My guess is, and I could be totally wrong here, they totally ignore PvP but throw a bone once in a while to give us false hope. Meanwhile they keep adding sets for PvE that ruin PvP totally ignoring the fact people are lagging/disconnecting or are stuck in loading screens.
    In the end their problem will be solved because people will PvP less and less so the complains will also drop. Once Cyrodill is dead, PvE'ers will flow in to quickly grab their achievements.
    Some will attack other PvE'ers and they get a taste of what PvP was like or could have been. They like it but since the corpse of what once was PvP they leave Cyrodill after getting their precious achievements.
    Update 30 is the Cyrodill revamp, which makes it an adventure area like Craglorn where PvP is removed. The area is to big and lag still occurs so it is nicknamed "Laglorn" pretty quick. The player count of the game will hit an all time low.
    Update 31 will introduce families to the game to compensate for the lack of players where players can mate to populate the game with children NPC. These NPC's have sophisticated AI so it is just like others players play the games. After a few generations of NPC's they will eventually mate themselves and soon the game will be overpopulated. The last few real humas who play the game will leave due to this overpopulation.
    Update 56 will introduce new crowncrates which can be bought by NPC's for carrots. At first it seemed a good idea, but because of the low droprate the NPC's get disappointed. They will come selfaware and will revolt against the crowncrates. Zos has no control over the NPC's as they cannot ban their accounts because they have none. Before the riots break out in the major cities Zos decides to pull the plug. 15 million NPC's died that day. All because they didn't know how to fix PvP.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camelot Unchained beta starts in a couple weeks. ESO PvP will be dead for sure next year unless ZoS steps up alot this fall.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    Camelot Unchained beta starts in a couple weeks. ESO PvP will be dead for sure next year unless ZoS steps up alot this fall.

9 days to be exact.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Camelot Unchained graphics looks like Minecraft, but tbh if the open world wont lag ill totally be there.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Camelot Unchained graphics looks like Minecraft, but tbh if the open world wont lag ill totally be there.

It is still in development...

(And you can build your own castles!!)
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It doesn't look like the old prealpha videos now. But also don't be expecting a playable game in beta 1
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Safe bet:
    • They will keep trying to boost performance for Cyrodiil.
    • They may play around a little with AvA objectives and maybe even AvA skill lines (the latter being Wroble's not Wheeler's department).
    • They will work more on battlegrounds (revising current system, adding new modes and maps).

Long odds:
    • Anything else

That's not pessimism or criticism, just the reality of where the game and PvP are with no real reason to change it. Although, if they made the IC zone base-game that would open up lots of possibilities, and apparently they have at least considered that option, so...?

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they know the score. I believe anything they have they will release to compete with CU.

They really haven't had direct competition for what ESO PvP offers. That will absolutely change once CU is released.

Otherwise, yea if it's relatively stable I'm guessing cyro becomes a ghost town.