The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Deconstructing stolen goods and selling....how????

StueyMac40
StueyMac40
✭✭
This might sound like a stupid question but once you deconstruct stolen weapons and armour into their base materials, how do you sell them to vendors?

Have you got to have a certain amount of goods like 10 maple?

And can you sell runestones and materials from your crafting because that's where all my deconstructed stuff goes and I can't seem to sell it.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StueyMac40 wrote: »
    This might sound like a stupid question but once you deconstruct stolen weapons and armour into their base materials, how do you sell them to vendors?

Have you got to have a certain amount of goods like 10 maple?

And can you sell runestones and materials from your crafting because that's where all my deconstructed stuff goes and I can't seem to sell it.

I think once you decon them the stolen indication goes away. You can launder stolen goods but only at stolen goods npc. The raw materials should be sellable if they have actual value.
    Edited by usmguy1234 on June 27, 2018 5:29PM
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, you should be able to sell any materials you acquire from deconstructing stuff. Anything you can sell will show up in the "Sell" tab when you access a merchant.

If you can't find your materials, do you have ESO+ ? If so, your mats are stored in your crafting bag, and I can't remember if you can sell straight from the crafting bag for not.
  • StueyMac40
    StueyMac40
    ✭✭
    Yeah I got ESO+ yesterday...maybe you have to craft then sell with that because no materials show up under the Sell tab
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with ESO+, you can set your crafting bag to not move mats to the bag automatically. Then you can withdraw mats to your inventory and sell from there. I just don't know if there's an easier work around.
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 27, 2018 5:42PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know, you will make way more gold selling the mats through a guild store, even one that does not have a kiosk.

Also, and this seems to change every few months, most stolen items give back one mat, where mob loot drops give more. Of course CP160 items only give one mat unless intricate, but i dont think you can steal much in the way of CP160 stuff.

You should be able to sell from the craft bag directly, but you have to do the Retrieve function while in the store interface. On PC this is done with a Right Click. Not sure on console. Me i retreive the stuff manually and then sell it.

You can also set an option to not store mats ever or until you log off to help with decon and selling
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• StueyMac40
    StueyMac40
    ✭✭
    Thx Nestor....just found the retrieve button on my ps4....how do I find a trading guild tho? Preferably one with minimal fees?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look in the guild recruitment section of the boards here for your platform/server. Or look at the lists for sale and email names you see often in the game. Most trade guilds not in the top 3 or 4 cities charge little to nothing for membership.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you deconstruct stolen goods, you can then sell the raw materials to any merchant you want to.

OR you can sell the stolen goods in their original form to a "fence" in a thieve's refuge.
  • StueyMac40
    StueyMac40
    ✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Once you deconstruct stolen goods, you can then sell the raw materials to any merchant you want to.

OR you can sell the stolen goods in their original form to a "fence" in a thieve's refuge.

Yeah that I understood, my issue was the materials did not show as items to sell, they went into my craft bag. Sorted now though.