Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crushing weapon bow?

SanSan
SanSan
✭✭✭✭✭
With crushing weapon introduced is there a viable bow/bow build for just pve? Dont want to make a bow/bow character only having to be kicked from party.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's been possible to complete content and pull your weight in dungeons on a bow/bow build. The unfortunate part of that is bow/bow builds are just thought of as inferior so even if you can pull 40k+ solo you still may be kicked from PUGs.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Darkdex
    Darkdex
    ✭✭✭
    Bow/Bow is viable (even in Endgame, if you are not pushing for scores on leaderboards of the new trials). The damage is relatively similar to the ranged magicka builds, but you have a little less survability and it is more difficult to pull good numbers in a trial environment because you depend of some cast-time skills.

That being said, somewhere in this forum I saw a Bow/Bow build (i dont have the link right now), you can look for it and adapt it to your particular playstyle.

Currently i'm having lots of fun with my bow/bow bosmer, i just (almost) cleared vCloudrest+0 last night with my guild (we are progressing), and i have cleared vAS+1, vMoL, and vCraglorn HM trials with it.

I'm not using crushing weapon, i use snipe and here's a little 3 mill parse where i got 41.5k (i usually get between 40k and 42.5k depending on RNG), the sustain is just fine in solo and almost perfect in an organized group.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/drk-darkdex/video/54384095

My current build is:
    • 5 Briarhearth (nirn bow with poison enchant)
    • 5 Relequen (non-perfect), because RELE OP (with VO instead, -which is non-optimal, there are better options- i got 37k)
    • 2 Stormfist
    • 1 Malestrom bow (nirnhorned)

Using max health and max stam blue food.

In a raid environtment you can swap some of the fighters guild skills for defensive skills if needed (i recommend bone shiled on backbar because when it is combined with the psijic shield and the CP small shield while blocking you get a 12k damage shield, which is enough to survive most of the hardest scenarios in a trial environment).

Hope this can help you and encourage you to try it, it is VERY fun and rewarding for us that always wanted a pure bow build.

Cheers!
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though I'm not in the same league as @Darkdex , my bow/bow stamsorc can actually pull more dps than my magplar healer or my magsorc - albeit with less survivability and sustainability. I'm not interested in 'endgame', so I'm very satisfied with the +20K dps she can pull.

I'd recommend you take a look at this wonderful bow/bow discussion thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/381498/everything-needed-to-know-about-bow-bow-in-pve/p1

Bow/bow players do have sort of a bad rep and I can see why. Too often bow/bow players kite big foes all around, ruining the efficiency of their own AoEs (and those of others), all while doing poor damage. I'm very careful with mine in that regard - she doesn't run from bosses but does whatever it take so keep them in her AoE killing zone (volley + caltrops) while surviving thanks to surge + hurricane.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on June 27, 2018 7:10PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys!! Your feedback was very helpful :)
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    It's been possible to complete content and pull your weight in dungeons on a bow/bow build. The unfortunate part of that is bow/bow builds are just thought of as inferior so even if you can pull 40k+ solo you still may be kicked from PUGs.

This basically sums it up. All content is doable with bow/bow and you can even get decent leader-board scores. However bow/bow sacrifices maximum dps and mitigation for range and mobility which players view negatively due to trial and gaming trends. The dps difference exists, with Summerset bow/bow is less competitive with mag dps and is sitting about the same with stam dps.

As for CW builds, go NB the interaction with Relentless Focus stacks makes CW weave more attractive than on other classes.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on June 28, 2018 3:14AM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just dont be that guy in the doorway spamming snipe...
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkdex wrote: »
    Bow/Bow is viable (even in Endgame, if you are not pushing for scores on leaderboards of the new trials). The damage is relatively similar to the ranged magicka builds, but you have a little less survability and it is more difficult to pull good numbers in a trial environment because you depend of some cast-time skills.

That being said, somewhere in this forum I saw a Bow/Bow build (i dont have the link right now), you can look for it and adapt it to your particular playstyle.

Currently i'm having lots of fun with my bow/bow bosmer, i just (almost) cleared vCloudrest+0 last night with my guild (we are progressing), and i have cleared vAS+1, vMoL, and vCraglorn HM trials with it.

I'm not using crushing weapon, i use snipe and here's a little 3 mill parse where i got 41.5k (i usually get between 40k and 42.5k depending on RNG), the sustain is just fine in solo and almost perfect in an organized group.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/drk-darkdex/video/54384095

My current build is:
    • 5 Briarhearth (nirn bow with poison enchant)
    • 5 Relequen (non-perfect), because RELE OP (with VO instead, -which is non-optimal, there are better options- i got 37k)
    • 2 Stormfist
    • 1 Malestrom bow (nirnhorned)

Using max health and max stam blue food.

In a raid environtment you can swap some of the fighters guild skills for defensive skills if needed (i recommend bone shiled on backbar because when it is combined with the psijic shield and the CP small shield while blocking you get a 12k damage shield, which is enough to survive most of the hardest scenarios in a trial environment).

Hope this can help you and encourage you to try it, it is VERY fun and rewarding for us that always wanted a pure bow build.

Cheers!

You using any potions for Major Brutality, or how do you come about it with bow/bow? Power Extraction? I'm looking to build a viable PVP bow/bow woodelf here. What's the most economic potion to use, if that's what you do. :-)