The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Crown Store Suggestion: Level 50 Token, Guild Line Token

• NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    NewbieOKS wrote: »
    Hello,

So i wanted to grind a new character and it was really hard for me to get the motivation for my 14th character. I only do pvp so i dont enjoy the leveling, grinding, mages Guild, psijik and undaunted grind. It really boring and takes a lot of time and i need to do things that i already did 13 times.

So i would like to have a token in crown store to get my toon to Level 50 with enough skillpoints, class skilllines maxed out, weapons skilllines maxed out and Maybe with a different token also all of the Guilds. Mages Guild,fighters Guild, undaunted and psijik.

This would save players a lot of time. For me more then 30+ hours for this completly boring undaunted grind.

And it could be locked in the crownstore until you already did the thing you want to buy on at least one character. So for example you need to have a lvl 50 character to buy the level 50 Token. Same with the guilds and so on.

I suggested this to the Support but they said i should come here. I personally know a lot of players who would love to get this. How about you?

A little bit tricky even only with the reason for PvP purposes. The term & condition OP proposed with a minimum of one character with level 50?

And then with this lvl 50 one time used “token/gem/whatever it called” from crown store, we can create a new alt and then somehow that alt instantly become lvl 50?

NO

And why? Only saying NO without giving viable reasons is not the best option to discuss things .

I think i alreay explained it in a sentence.

With such token, then we can create a new alt, already max level 50 with/without cp 160, have ALL the attribute and skills points ready to choose and maximize?

It will create an atmosphere of laziness and then for new people/players will think oh i can just buy a token from the crown store, easy simple , why should i make myself suffer? Isn’t it pay to win?

And then it will open for other suggestions, lets say one gear set that is so hard to obtained, oh yes why dont we buy from the crown store?

It will disrupt the game balance.

My question to you, this token you suggesting, is it wise? I think it is pay to win. Is there any element in the game right now that is pay to win?

I am in one page with @Pixel_Zealot reasons below
    No. For so many reasons.

1. Just because you're a level 50 +160CP mag sorcerer, doesn't mean you know what you're doing with a level 50 +160CP Stamina DK.
    2. It's called experience for a reason. It's not just a number on a screen, it's your experience with the class and builds.
    3. Then One Tamriel becomes mainly obsolete.
    4. Experience scrolls become mainly obsolete.
    5. The new levelling gifts become completely obsolete.
    6. The entire levelling system from 1 - 50 doing quests/dungeons/dailies becomes archaic.
    7. Just because you're too lazy to put in some hours in an MMO? No.
    8. Support probably sent you here because they knew we would explain this to you.

Edited by NewbieOKS on June 26, 2018 11:01AM
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
    Options
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to some extent, I've got 11 characters already, 10@LV50. But I've got 5 nightblades, currently 1 crafter (mag), 1 farmer (tank), 2 stam, 1 mag. Would be great to class change 1 or 2 of them, or even delete & make a new character with the same skill points (got around 200 skill points on each, more on the crafter & the same undaunted/mages/fighters etc...
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d rather have a no lag token.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

So i wanted to grind a new character and it was really hard for me to get the motivation for my 14th character. I only do pvp so i dont enjoy the leveling, grinding, mages Guild, psijik and undaunted grind. It really boring and takes a lot of time and i need to do things that i already did 13 times.

So i would like to have a token in crown store to get my toon to Level 50 with enough skillpoints, class skilllines maxed out, weapons skilllines maxed out and Maybe with a different token also all of the Guilds. Mages Guild,fighters Guild, undaunted and psijik.

This would save players a lot of time. For me more then 30+ hours for this completly boring undaunted grind.

And it could be locked in the crownstore until you already did the thing you want to buy on at least one character. So for example you need to have a lvl 50 character to buy the level 50 Token. Same with the guilds and so on.

I suggested this to the Support but they said i should come here. I personally know a lot of players who would love to get this. How about you?

I'm a say no ... I don't think we should pay extra to not play the game

Personally o feel a simple solution is linked characters

At character creation you choose to link characters or keep seperate

If seperate it works like it does now

If linked then the two characters share all achievements your character is created at the same level as your highest character and has all the same skill points too

Only one difference ... Over land is reset opening all quests but at a higher difficulty
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

A little bit tricky even only with the reason for PvP purposes. The term & condition OP proposed with a minimum of one character with level 50?

And then with this lvl 50 one time used “token/gem/whatever it called” from crown store, we can create a new alt and then somehow that alt instantly become lvl 50?

NO

And why? Only saying NO without giving viable reasons is not the best option to discuss things .

With such token, then we can create a new alt, already max level 50 with/without cp 160, have ALL the attribute and skills points ready to choose and maximize?

It will create an atmosphere of laziness and then for new people/players will think oh i can just buy a token from the crown store, easy simple , why should i make myself suffer? Isn’t it pay to win?

And then it will open for other suggestions, lets say one gear set that is so hard to obtained, oh yes why dont we buy from the crown store?

My question to you, this token you suggesting, is it wise? I think it is pay to win. Is there any element in the game right now that is pay to win?

How is this pay2win? Really? How does this give anyone an advantage about someone who didnt spent money for this token? It only saves time for players who already did this type of content.

And yes, there are plenty of p2w elements in this game. Starting from vma weapons to dlc exclusive monster sets over asylum weapons and ending at juwelry crafting. Everything behinf a paywall.

EDIT: Like the instant research scrolls from crown Store. I needed to research every trait over month when not years to be 9 trait crafted on everything. Now you can just buy them from crownstore and become master crafter in 1 hour. No pay2win???
    Edited by Gnozo on June 26, 2018 11:03AM
    Options
  • Korprok
    Korprok
    ✭✭✭
    edit
    Edited by Korprok on June 26, 2018 11:04AM
    Options
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are lucky November 18th is not that far. If you have 14 characters, you badly need it.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
    Options
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

NO

How is this pay2win? Really? How does this give anyone an advantage about someone who didnt spent money for this token? It only saves time for players who already did this type of content.

And yes, there are plenty of p2w elements in this game. Starting from vma weapons to dlc exclusive monster sets over asylum weapons and ending at juwelry crafting. Everything behinf a paywall.

EDIT: Like the instant research scrolls from crown Store. I needed to research every trait over month when not years to be 9 trait crafted on everything. Now you can just buy them from crownstore and become master crafter in 1 hour. No pay2win???

Please care to elaborate

vma weapons to dlc exclusive monster sets over asylum weapons and ending at juwelry crafting

Vma weapons isn’t it we need to earn by winning the Veteran Maelstrom arena?
    DLC monster sets also the same.
    Jewerly crafting also we need to earned it as well?

The difference is only because it is available for players who purchased Summerset and then it is pay to win? People need to earn it right?

Instant research scrolls from crown store, are you sure only on one hour we can become a master crafter? There should be a time restriction, it shouldn’t become that simple to obtain
    Edited by NewbieOKS on June 26, 2018 11:11AM
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

NO

Please care to elaborate

vma weapons to dlc exclusive monster sets over asylum weapons and ending at juwelry crafting

The difference is only because it is available for players who purchased Summerset and then it is pay to win? People need to earn it right?

Instant research scrolls from crown store, are you sure only on one hour we can become a master crafter? There should be a time restriction, it is not that simple?

But you can only get these things if you buy the chapter or dlc. And also you dont need to be juwelry crafting level 50 to transmute juwelry. Learn robust trait, takes few hours, transmute your ravager/fury juwelry. Easy.

The research scrolls from crown Store dont have cooldown. So you can use them as often as you want.
    Options
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cave_Canem wrote: »
    Nope.
    Love this single word as players have enjoyed free CP gains on alts without having to do the grind. ZoS should have never made CP account wide because of stupid like this.
    Just becaue you've learned to play one class to 50, doesn't mean you know how to play all other builds.
    This is irrelevant to the point. You should know the game screws people under level 50 by giving them a false sense of confidence they're stronger than they actually are.

I've seen enough questions on this forum from new players wondering why the game just got harder at level 50. You have too.
    All I see from this is an appropriate increase in elitism at end game as vets get even more cautious about playing with people they dont know.
    Perhaps you shouldn't keep walking into discussions with a negative attitude.

I see the opposite: giving many players the opportunity to play new classes, and finding others willing to let them learn how to play them.
    It also would create a dearth of players at the lower level areas, many of us might rampage through those areas, but we still have a presence there. A seemingly dead world doesn't encourage new blood to come to the game, excepting the wealthy of course.
    Oh, you mean like the starter islands, which are barren now? Or perhaps each of the main faction areas, also barren? I was running through the Rift on Saturday, heading to a clean out a survey, when I saw a text "Plz help with dolmen". Of course, I helped the poor level 18 out and they were thankful.
    I also see an ever increasing lack of low level items at the guild auctioneers as many skip to 50, also a detractor for new players.
    Because it's pointless to put low level items in stores where traders overprice everything. Seriously, blue motifs selling for 500+ gold? Get the hell out of here with that crap. New players rarely have tons of gold to spend (and I find it funny how many of you completely negating this because you've millions now), so of course they're not going to buy from trade stores.

New players learn quickly they can loot/quest for the better gear, and they also learn quickly not to waste what little resources they have until they get to CP160.

Seriously, guy. I'm wondering if you've forgotten what it's like to be a new player who has no gold or inventory.

One of the biggest reasons ZoS puts new players into the new DLC zones is so they can access more players.

The starter islands have very few players on them. All you see now are 750 jerks who snipe nodes from level 3 players.
    Of course when you've got one character up to CP600+ then it's not a level 50 token, its a level 600 token, increase the gap that large and new players who don't want to spend an extra hundred dollars (beyond initial purchase, and subscriptions) on the game will despair of ever catching up.
    No, it's a level 50 token. The CP is irrelevant.

I am working on my 4th alt, who is currently level 45. Once she hits 50, there's going to be a very serious deficit of skill points to which the only way to overcome this is by running any of the skyshard maps online.
    I love this game, but like any other MMO, old players leave for new frontiers, subscriptions get cancelled and the population dwindles in an ever increasing downward spiral to oblivion, unless we have new players coming in, not just new players with wealth.
    Precisely! So why object to the idea of giving these new players an opportunity to start at level 50, where it's most useful for them to actually play the game, acquire the skills they need, and level up without having the crutch of the old system?

The reality of the situation is ZoS needs to abandon levels 1-50 and start each new character at CP1.

They can still offer Level Up rewards to CP50, and offer 1 skill point every two CP for a max total of 25.

This way, new players won't feel like they have to grind incessantly in order to get to the game everyone else is playing, and that's end game.

I find it disheartening so many people easily dismiss any options of change just because they had to do it with their alts.

This attitude is why MMOs don't change.

Moving onto the original topic... No.

This option should be given to players without charging them for it.

Players didn't design this game. ZoS did. They're left dealing with their own CP system, which replaced the even more limiting Veteran system.

Now that ZoS has literally designed themselves into a corner, players shouldn't have to pay to avoid the grind punishment.

Options
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

NO

Please care to elaborate

Instant research scrolls from crown store, are you sure only on one hour we can become a master crafter? There should be a time restriction, it is not that simple?

But you can only get these things if you buy the chapter or dlc. And also you dont need to be juwelry crafting level 50 to transmute juwelry. Learn robust trait, takes few hours, transmute your ravager/fury juwelry. Easy.

The research scrolls from crown Store dont have cooldown. So you can use them as often as you want.

Thank you for the explanation.

But for me it is not pay to win. We still need to earn it by investing our time, skills and knowledge to obtain those items. I understand it is available to only who buy the chapter, but we still need to earn it.

Research scrolls —-> only to accelerate trait research time

But anyway lets go back to the main topic about the token. I don’t want to make another issue or wider the main topic. So i stand with @Pixel_Zealot reasons about the lvl 50/cp160 crown store token/gem
    No. For so many reasons.

1. Just because you're a level 50 +160CP mag sorcerer, doesn't mean you know what you're doing with a level 50 +160CP Stamina DK.
    2. It's called experience for a reason. It's not just a number on a screen, it's your experience with the class and builds.
    6. The entire levelling system from 1 - 50 doing quests/dungeons/dailies becomes archaic.
    8. Support probably sent you here because they knew we would explain this to you.

Edit: add a link

As other have commented, there are already other threads about this idea

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/146991/crown-store-item-wish-list/p1

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/147000/what-should-and-what-shouldnt-be-in-the-crown-store/p1
    Edited by NewbieOKS on June 26, 2018 11:56AM
    Options
  • Klixen
    Klixen
    ✭✭✭
    I very rarely buy anything from the Crown Store, but this is something I would buy.

In most games I play, I like to try all the different classes. But in ESO, I just can't bring myself to do it. The thought of grinding dolmens and finding all those Lore Books again just leaves me cold.

For all of you that are saying no, you do realize that most people level their alts through dolmen grinding don't you? They don't actually start 'playing' until they're level 50.

So if ZOS could make some money from this and players could eliminate some mind numbing tedium, then I see nothing but a win-win situation for all.

Edited by Klixen on June 26, 2018 11:51AM
    Options
  • Anomanderake
    Yes please...
    PVE grinding guild + skyshard is so damn boring i’m still stick to my first character. Have another one lv50 toon and a level 45 too, but can’t really force myself in order to grind all the stuff needed to get them in pvp. Plus with the new MMR system... i switched to play 4+ hours per day to play barely 2-3 hours per week... things are just too boring, and too much grind needed in order to get something new.
    Edited by Anomanderake on June 26, 2018 11:54AM
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    His reasons arent really viable tbh.
    No. For so many reasons.

1. So a 6 hours skyreach grind where my buddy kills all the mobs and i only swap skills to level them will give me exp with this class? Running from skyshard to skyshard and from lore book to lore bool will give me any exp with the class?
    2. See 1
    3. Still skyreach argument
    4. They dont. Maybe players want to grind old ways or grind cp.
    5. They dont. New players still get them and no one forces you to buy the token.
    6. No, if players want to do them they can do them. Still no one forces you to buy it.
    7. I already put lot of hours into this mmo but how about i enjoy the time i put in this game instead of doing hours of boring grinding and stuff?
    Options
  • ayu_fever
    ayu_fever
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pvpers cry about anything and everything
    #PVEplayersmatter
    PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
    Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
    —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
    Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
    Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
    Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
    Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
    Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
    Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
    Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
    Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
    Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
    Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
    Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    327.gif

Levelling is easy enough, and they -already- sell crown store XP scrolls to make it even easier.
    So, -if- they sold "level 50", they would have to opvercharge massively to balance with the XP scrolls sold to get there, and that would make it sell even less then those do...
    Worse, level 50 alone is not worth much. You would still have to do all the skills maxing and morphing, and grab extra skill points from questings and skyshards... but if you added those to your "make it so" token idea, it would get deeply into "PtW" territory.
    Besides, its easy enough to get there, just takes a bit of time.

As for guilds, well... its your choice if you want them or not, but if you do, you gotta work for them.
    Easy.
    I only do pvp so i dont enjoy the...
    ...rest of the game, and thus you demand everything you can gain from it be handed to you on a silver platter?
    ieieieie_by_viperys-da9mggz.gif
    That's not how this works.
    That's not how this is supposed to work!

All those levels and nifty guild skills are supposed to be rewards you -work- for, not something you just buy. Not in am MMORPG with character development, they aren't.
    You are looking for MMO games where everyone starts with premade characters, and plays those. They exist, but they are not ESO!

Here, you get a choice - spend the effort, or do without.
    And you make that choice for each and every character.
    Yes, that means it does take some -effort- to build up alts. Some -time-.
    Which can be annoying for some people, who want it the easy way, want it 'now', want it without spending the effort.
    But getting everything withiout some effort makes the game boring. So...
    deal_with_it-bebop.gif
    :p;):D
    dimmanxak wrote: »
    Why in the world you need 14th characters
    Five classes, each made in each alliance, perhaps? Or each in each armor weight? or both?
    Klixen wrote: »
    For all of you that are saying no, you do realize that most people level their alts through dolmen grinding don't you? They don't actually start 'playing' until they're level 50.
    ...and that is their choice, even if its a bit of a stupid choice to murder their braincells with mindless grinding before enjoying the game...

I mean, yeah, they could do it.
    Add "level 50" tokens, add "regional skyshard collection" tokens, add "class skill maximization" tokens, add "weapons skill maximization" tokens...
    At least in the crown store, people would have to overpay for it, almost certainly quite heftily when you consider how much they charge for namechanes or outfit slots...
    But it would be pushing their stated "no PtW" policy, and paying to -bypass- part of the game is not good either.

Most you could reasonably hope for is "pay for speedup" or small steps ahead... like, the crown store XP scrolls, or riding lessions...

I could see something that helps with guilds there as well... some crown store add "mages guild lorebook collection" tomes that give you one collection without having to collect the books... but since people can get the same effect from just searching online for lorebook locations and spending the time grabbing them, well, I can't really see that sell very well, can you?
    Same for other guild stuff. Want to level fighters guild? Grind in a deadra-heavy place, dolmen or whatever if that gets boring. Undaunted? Go spelunking in dungeons. TG and DB... uhm... yeah, those can be a tad annoying, but just steal/murderize your way through it. Psijic? That's completely story based (and don't we wish TG and DB had been like this too?), and easy enough to do besides.
    In the end, I can't really see them gain anything from it for their game... though maybe that is just me, who really dislikes spending money when I can get there for free just playing the game...
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    327.gif

Levelling is easy enough, and they -already- sell crown store XP scrolls to make it even easier.
    So, -if- they sold "level 50", they would have to opvercharge massively to balance with the XP scrolls sold to get there, and that would make it sell even less then those do...
    Worse, level 50 alone is not worth much. You would still have to do all the skills maxing and morphing, and grab extra skill points from questings and skyshards... but if you added those to your "make it so" token idea, it would get deeply into "PtW" territory.

As for guilds, well... its your choice if you want them or not, but if you do, you gotta work for them.
    Easy.
    ...rest of the game, and thus you demand everything you can gain from it be handed to you on a silver platter?

All those levels and nifty guild skills are supposed to be rewards you -work- for, not something you just buy. Not in am MMORPG with character development, they aren't.
    You are looking for MMO games where everyone starts with premade characters, and plays those. They exist, but they are not ESO!

Which can be annoying for some people, who want it the easy way, want it 'now', want it without spending the effort.
    deal_with_it-bebop.gif
    Five classes, each made in each alliance, perhaps? Or each in each armor weight? or both?
    ...and that is their choice, even if its a bit of a stupid choice to murder their braincells with mindless grinding before enjoying the game...

Add "level 50" tokens, add "regional skyshard collection" tokens, add "class skill maximization" tokens, add "weapons skill maximization" tokens...
    At least in the crown store, people would have to overpay for it, almost certainly quite heftily when you consider how much they charge for namechanes or outfit slots...
    But it would be pushing their stated "no PtW" policy, and paying to -bypass- part of the game is not good either.

Most you could reasonably hope for is "pay for speedup" or small steps ahead... like, the crown store XP scrolls, or riding lessions...

I could see something that helps with guilds there as well... some crown store add "mages guild lorebook collection" tomes that give you one collection without having to collect the books... but since people can get the same effect from just searching online for lorebook locations and spending the time grabbing them, well, I can't really see that sell very well, can you?
    Same for other guild stuff. Want to level fighters guild? Grind in a deadra-heavy place, dolmen or whatever if that gets boring. Undaunted? Go spelunking in dungeons. TG and DB... uhm... yeah, those can be a tad annoying, but just steal/murderize your way through it. Psijic? That's completely story based (and don't we wish TG and DB had been like this too?), and easy enough to do besides.
    In the end, I can't really see them gain anything from it for their game... though maybe that is just me, who really dislikes spending money when I can get there for free just playing the game...

This game is already heavy p2w and i dont see any p2w aspect in a Level 50 Token. Really. I can spent 6 hours in skyreach or just buy the token. Token will just save time and i dont need to do boring content for 6 hours + to play with friends on another Alliance.

Undaunted takes days to complete and you also need friends to help you out cause you wont get speedrun/nodeath/hm with pugs from groupfinder. And its simply not fun for me, as a pvp player, to run dungeons that i already completet more then 5 times.

And again. Who would get hurt if we get this token? Who would be in a disadvantage?

This token would give us pvp player the option to play our class in different Alliance with Friends or try a new class without spending 30+ in boring content to max out a character. Isnt a game supposed to be fun while you play it? Spending 6 hours grinding, hunting skyshard, mages Guild 5 hours, psijik 3 hours, undaunted for days is not what i consider fun. This just pushes me away from the game. I cant play with my friends together without spending 30+ hours of boring grind. I would happily throw some crowns at these tokens to enjoy the game every minute i play it.

Options
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. For so many reasons.

1. So a 6 hours skyreach grind where my buddy kills all the mobs and i only swap skills to level them will give me exp with this class? Running from skyshard to skyshard and from lore book to lore bool will give me any exp with the class?
    2. See 1
    5. They dont. New players still get them and no one forces you to buy the token.
    6. No, if players want to do them they can do them. Still no one forces you to buy it.
    7. I already put lot of hours into this mmo but how about i enjoy the time i put in this game instead of doing hours of boring grinding and stuff?

1. No. You're not supposed to be running from Skyshard to Skyshard, lore book to lore book. You're supposed to be doing quests, running delves, grouping up against world bosses, running dungeons, through Cyrodil, whatever. ESO wasn't made for you to run from one icon to another for experience, you're supposed to be interacting with the world, learning a build, going online when you need help with it. I would suggest uninstalling your addons and stay out of Skyreach, 'cause apparently following these playstyles has caused you to see levelling as a pointless mundane grind. In your 7th point, you mention you want to enjoy the time you put into the game, but it sounds like you're actively avoiding it.
    2. See 1.
    3. One Tamriel will become obsolete with 50 tokens as more and more players will buy these tokens, even if it's just 15% of the player base purchasing these token annually, that would alienate 50% of the game from those 15% of players. Your Skyreach argument isn't viable here tbh.
    4. CP levelling grind has already been decreased numerous times since it swapped from ranks, I wouldn't call it a grind at all.
    5. See 3.
    6. See 3.
    7. See, if you knew what MMO meant, you wouldn't be complaining about the grind. ESO doesn't REALLY have a grind compared to MMO's of the past. The grind is part of the fun in an MMO, the accomplishment of getting items/abilities you've been aiming for is one of the most fun things in an MMO. If you don't want to grind, I would recommend exploring other genres like FPS's or MOBAs.

PS: Final recommendation. Create a new post with a poll so we can see how many people disagree with this.
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
    Options
  • Korprok
    Korprok
    ✭✭✭
    327.gif

Easy.

deal_with_it-bebop.gif

you speak as if ESO is EvE online or a sandbox mmorpg, it is not. You talk about effort and rewards- the "easy" way versus the "hard" way - splendid if you feel a sense of accomplishment and pride in leveling alts, unlocking everything and making choises for each and everyone of your characters, that is your way of fun but for others it is not, only time consuming, it is horrible. This will not change "your" game in any way shape or form, except that you will see more characters at max level enjoying the various content.

It's not about the "easy" way or the "hard" way- it is about having fun in a game you bought and a game you support. Paying some crowns to unlock and complete skill lines you have already done removes the grind for the second, third etc. etc. time, that is all. and yeah, implement some system to copy lore books, skyhards etc. sure! why not?

for those of us who have played the game and done all of or most of the content once, well it is enough with only once- we rather just play the game and enjoy it.

how it works and how it is supposed to work is entierly up to the developers of the game, not you, not "us" who would like this but we can ask, and hopefully from our point of view it can be changed.

in regards of pay to win it is not, it's pay to play and pay to enjoy- the closest ESO has come to pay to win is speed bosting craft research and locking jewlery crafting behind a pay wall- if you aim to win at crafting and trading.
    Edited by Korprok on June 26, 2018 1:31PM
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. For so many reasons.

2. See 1

1. No. You're not supposed to be running from Skyshard to Skyshard, lore book to lore book. You're supposed to be doing quests, running delves, grouping up against world bosses, running dungeons, through Cyrodil, whatever. ESO wasn't made for you to run from one icon to another for experience, you're supposed to be interacting with the world, learning a build, going online when you need help with it. I would suggest uninstalling your addons and stay out of Skyreach, 'cause apparently following these playstyles has caused you to see levelling as a pointless mundane grind. In your 7th point, you mention you want to enjoy the time you put into the game, but it sounds like you're actively avoiding it.
    2. See 1.
    3. One Tamriel will become obsolete with 50 tokens as more and more players will buy these tokens, even if it's just 15% of the player base purchasing these token annually, that would alienate 50% of the game from those 15% of players. Your Skyreach argument isn't viable here tbh.
    4. CP levelling grind has already been decreased numerous times since it swapped from ranks, I wouldn't call it a grind at all.
    5. See 3.
    6. See 3.
    7. See, if you knew what MMO meant, you wouldn't be complaining about the grind. ESO doesn't REALLY have a grind compared to MMO's of the past. The grind is part of the fun in an MMO, the accomplishment of getting items/abilities you've been aiming for is one of the most fun things in an MMO. If you don't want to grind, I would recommend exploring other genres like FPS's or MOBAs.

PS: Final recommendation. Create a new post with a poll so we can see how many people disagree with this.

I already did all the things you mentioned on my first character. I played only pve before i startet pvp. I play since releasd and startet pvp like 2 years ago. So i finished every Quest and i know builds of my class. I simply do not enjoy the questing Part anymore cause i already did it. Like the tutorial. I can skip it cause i already did it. Why not same with Level 50, mages Guild, psijic and undaunted? I already did it with other chars. Why i cant skip it?

I think the Key part in am MMO is, like you already mentioned: Fun.

I have fun playing with my friends in pvp and try out new classes in pvp. I dont have fun in killing mobs over and over again doing the same quests again and again. Running the same skyshards and lorebooks. It was fun the first 1 to 2 times. But Not if you doing it the 14th time. So please give me am option to Skip this part i already did like the Tutorial.
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just leveled my 15th. It wasnt difficult and didnt take that long to do (about 2 weeks, 2-3 hours per day) and I did very few quests.

I did all world bosses (which is the biggest pain), dolmens, and did all of Craglorn.
    After that, I started doing normal pledges to get the dungeons done.

I started the character when Summerset came out. I just finished the last normal dungeon 2 days ago. Ran around and got all the easy skyshards while waiting in que for dungeons
    Edited by Katahdin on June 26, 2018 4:27PM
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This game is already heavy p2w

P2W has truly become a buzzword I guess.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think this is necessary yet. FFXIV has something like this and I never liked the idea but I think it was needed more in that game because 90% of the content was lv50 endgame.
    ESO you can hit 50 so fast it's ridiculously. Maybe in a few more chapters I would be more open to this idea.
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
    Options
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do I have to repeat myself every few month?

No.

... and in a few month its still: No.

Please stop asking.

;)

edit: you will find plenty of reasons in all the older threads. Please use the forum search function.
    Edited by Elsterchen on June 27, 2018 4:48PM
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have 13 characters and you dont want to level another one just respec one. You can change almost everything else with a token so there is no need for a template.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If you have 13 characters and you dont want to level another one just respec one. You can change almost everything else with a token so there is no need for a template.

Can i respect class? Can i respect Alliance? No.
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    Why do I have to repeat myself every few month?

No.

... and in a few month its still: No.

Please stop asking.

;)

edit: you will find plenty of reasons in all the older threads. Please use the forum search function.

Still no valid reason not to get a Level 50 Token or Guild Line Token. Give me one solid reason not to have this kind of token. Just one that i cant proof wrong or BS. I am waiting.
    Options
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good idea and has my full support. It won't happen, however, as this game is increasingly just an expensive time sink, and time savers aren't allowed, even if you've played since launch and have mastered every class. Sad but true. Still not as sad as the forum warriors who want to dictate everyone else's experience. The player base is the worst part of ESO, hands down.
    forever stuck in combat
    Options
  • KraziJoe
    KraziJoe
    ✭✭✭
    No, because it's not needed.
    Options
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say yes only if all you earn is the skill points that you receive for levels 1-50. If you want to earn extra skill points ( via Skyshards ), you have to go and find them.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
    Options
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please don't mix up MOBA and MMO.

You don't like leveling and watching your character grow? I have two news for you: bad one - MMO is not your cup of tea, but good one - there are a few pretty good games where you don't need to level. Go play them and don't spoil MMO lovers their game.
    Options