The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC NA AD Vivec

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until ZoS adjusts scoring/rewards/mechanics to make it such that winning the campaign is preferable to farming, this sort of behavior is going to continue and no amount of yelling in zone chat or posting on the forums is going to change it.

That's if there is any PvP playerbase in a few months to begin with. Since Summerset was released, I logged off early at least a dozen times because the game's performance is absolutely terrible and noticeably worse. And this is from someone who is fairly tolerant of crummy latency.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until ZoS adjusts scoring/rewards/mechanics to make it such that winning the campaign is preferable to farming, this sort of behavior is going to continue and no amount of yelling in zone chat or posting on the forums is going to change it.

That's if there is any PvP playerbase in a few months to begin with. Since Summerset was released, I logged off early at least a dozen times because the game's performance is absolutely terrible and noticeably worse. And this is from someone who is fairly tolerant of crummy latency.

Same thing here. I want to play, but I get so frustrated that I log off early and get discouraged from playing at all.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure why everyone is still fascinated with bleakers that was so 3 years ago.. EP & DC aren't gonna fall for that anymore. Could of made 10 times more AP defending keeps as the EP and DC push south lol.

If you really want to though, best 3 way action for AD these days is Aleswell farm, Chal mine, Arrius LM and Glade LM, depending on map, but bleakers just kills the action up north.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're doing it wrong, you're meant to log on late instead of logging of early. :p The game becomes playable at around 2am EST, I don't even bother logging in until then lol. I'm lucky i'm from a different time zone though. :smile:
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure why everyone is still fascinated with bleakers that was so 3 years ago.. EP & DC aren't gonna fall for that anymore. Could of made 10 times more AP defending keeps as the EP and DC push south lol.

If you really want to though, best 3 way action for AD these days is Aleswell farm, Chal mine, Arrius LM and Glade LM, depending on map, but bleakers just kills the action up north.

We've had better luck recently fighting around chalman gate, chal mine, pulling groups north of bleakers, basically existing in the area between the frontlines of EP and DC.

We did a lot better with outpost farms back when you couldn't respawn at an outpost. If we take bleakers now we instantly have a dozen AD pugs show up wanting to leech off of our success and dilute our AP gains. As long as we stay mobile and have enough people (14ish) to stand up to those primetime frontline groups/zergs, we can keep it going a long time without taking anything other than maybe a resource.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That’s really part of the issue. Server performance. Your typical faction that ‘plays the map’ will stack idiots until everyone’s performance drops to 1FPS and one skill goes through every 3-4 seconds.

AD does it. DC does it. EP does it. Stack until your enemy lags out. It works.

So, a lot of people would rather small scale somewhere, take a small resource tower, town, or keep, and then kill everyone that shows up. No lag. No mess. No random disconnects, I had like six in a row on Saturday.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

That’s really part of the issue. Server performance. Your typical faction that ‘plays the map’ will stack idiots until everyone’s performance drops to 1FPS and one skill goes through every 3-4 seconds.

So, a lot of people would rather small scale somewhere, take a small resource tower, town, or keep, and then kill everyone that shows up. No lag. No mess. No random disconnects, I had like six in a row on Saturday.

I see it the opposite way.

I look at the map, see this certain objective is important. Possibly zone chat has also pointed out that a certain objective is important.

I think, "Gee, this objective is really important for strategic reasons! I should go there!"

I go there, whereupon I discover that many others of my faction and possibly many others of the enemy faction(s) have looked at their map/listened to their zone chat and have all decided "Gee, this objective is important for strategic reasons! I should go there!"

And therefore I very often crash upon getting close to that very important objective.

Point is, very rarely do I see factions deliberately stack idiots. But if there's an important objective, it calls players like fly paper attracts flies, and with about the same results takes to ZOS' inability to support players playing as intended by massing to capture and defend objectives
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

I see it the opposite way.

I look at the map, see this certain objective is important. Possibly zone chat has also pointed out that a certain objective is important.

I think, "Gee, this objective is really important for strategic reasons! I should go there!"

I go there, whereupon I discover that many others of my faction and possibly many others of the enemy faction(s) have looked at their map/listened to their zone chat and have all decided "Gee, this objective is important for strategic reasons! I should go there!"

And therefore I very often crash upon getting close to that very important objective.

Point is, very rarely do I see factions deliberately stack idiots. But if there's an important objective, it calls players like fly paper attracts flies, and with about the same results takes to ZOS' inability to support players playing as intended by massing to capture and defend objectives

You just need to be able to understand what the calls mean.

Call: “Need more at Ash”
    Translation: None of the 50 yellow guys here know how to put up siege.

Call: EP Zerg at Roe!
    Translation: There’s four red guys playing potato tag in the north farm tower.

Call: DC Zerg at Roe!
    Translation: The entire DC faction is there. F$*%#!

Call: Blue ganker outside Roe
    Translation: He got me like three times now. Help!

Call: Nickel Lost!
    Translation: We wiped. Like twice. And didn’t have any oils up.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Minalan Lol, way too accurate summary there. WTB AD pugs that can count and carry/deploy siege. Will settle for AD that don’t actively seek oil baths.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube