The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

@zos but sloads is fun and permablockers and shield stackers are not fun!

• Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Dot pressure = counter to block/shield builds but weak against purge
    CC = counter to ensure shield builds don't recast and certain cc go through block now but no direct counter for unblocked cc.
    Sloads = unmitigated dot DMG that stacks with multiple users and clogs up purge.

In order for the game to become a game about responsive game play unblocked cc must become dodgable (having both is OP unless of course additional counters exist) and Oblivion DMG must be deleted or changed to a DMG you can actually mitigate (have major/minor protection actually mitigate it or add Oblivion armor to nirnhoned traits).

oblivion damage should only be changed to that if there is a lot. and there isnt without sloads
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    ZOS created a game with incredible depth to its combat system. But:

- they barely documented it
    - don't have decent tutorials
    - don't gradually scale the difficulty PVE content to teach players how to use it; in fact 99.9% of PVE is so easy, learning to play is *completely* optional

So the average single player gamer from Skyrim is completely lost and without a clue in ESO. So to compensate, they completely nerfed PVE content to oblivion and added layers of cheese that completely bypass mechanics in PVP like Shieldbreaker and Sload.

Instead of nerfing its own mechanics, ZOS should implement proper documentation, proper tutorials, and create PVE content that teaches players how to play as they progress.

Further, instead of throwing all players in the same PVP arenas -- whether in Cyrodiil, BGs or IC -- regardless of aptitude, they should create mechanisms and interfaces that segment players based on interest level; so that hardcore gamers are fighting hardcore gamers more often and casuals fight casuals.

This evening the odds 'raising the floor, lowering the ceiling' BS is destroying PVP.

The sad thing is, there just aren't that many people left who give a crap. A lot of people that played the game for its' in-depth and extremely rewarding combat system have left the game over the years as the thing they enjoyed so much has been thoroughly patched out of the game.
    On the other hand, every single one of them has more than likely been replaced by 10 casual players who couldn't care less (or even enjoy this direction). While someone like you or me dislikes the direction the game takes, someone else might have different standards and actually find enjoyment in it - it's all relative.

Look at this thread or any recent thread discussing similar issues. It's always the same nonsense, with a slight nuance: shieldstacking is overpowered, permablocking is overpowered, dodge rolling is overpowered, reflecting is overpowered, etc etc. People are crying their lungs out because someone somewhere used a defensive mechanic to mitigate or otherwise defend against something they did. These people don't want you to be able to counterplay damage at all - they press the button and your health bar should drop, period. The only thing acceptable to them is passive mitigation which you can get by just slotting some armour/sets, because it's easy and they don't have to worry about it in combat.

These voices have always been there. The only difference between then and now is that there's a lot more of them, and the voices disagreeing with them have mostly left for greener pastures. A lot of the stuff that would've been considered completely ridiculous in ESO 2-3 years ago is now very common and accepted by the current playerbase. Of course, ZOS is happy to oblige if it helps them sell more crown crates.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »
    Fyi no first person shooter game is skill based.

In my Oh so many years of playing them.

FPS = cross hair (aka a dot on screen) on head (another dot on screen) push button = not skill

Actually that is the very definition of skill. He who joins the dots fastest and most consistently is....wait for it.... more skilled at it.

I find actually having to use some sort of intelligence to be skill.

Such as determining what gear sets will provide you with the up most ability to fullfil your character's goals. I.e. tanks, damage, speed, etc.

Connecting dots. I mean dogs can do that, dogs however cannot select gear. I think if it comes down to dog able vs non dog able, the non dog able wins

Edit: actually what you described is called reflexes
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 23, 2018 10:09PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

FPS = cross hair (aka a dot on screen) on head (another dot on screen) push button = not skill

Actually that is the very definition of skill. He who joins the dots fastest and most consistently is....wait for it.... more skilled at it.

Such as determining what gear sets will provide you with the up most ability to fullfil your character's goals. I.e. tanks, damage, speed, etc.

Connecting dots. I mean dogs can do that, dogs however cannot select gear. I think if it comes down to dog able vs non dog able, the non dog able wins

There is no skill involved if you can simply put one 2-3 sets from a small Pool of sets that clearly outshine every other competitor especially when everything can be shared and the most easy for play builds are also the best.

If there was actually an incentive to enhance your skill with stat increasing sets rather than just slot the latest proc and use the generic all stam/ mag glyphs, normal jewelry enchants and poisons.

Theory crafting a viable and broken build in this game can be done by a mentally challenged dog. You don't even have to do Basic math.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

There is no skill involved if you can simply put one 2-3 sets from a small Pool of sets that clearly outshine every other competitor especially when everything can be shared and the most easy for play builds are also the best.

If there was actually an incentive to enhance your skill with stat increasing sets rather than just slot the latest proc and use the generic all stam/ mag glyphs, normal jewelry enchants and poisons.

Theory crafting a viable and broken build in this game can be done by a mentally challenged dog. You don't even have to do Basic math.

As funny as the dog bit is, I was actually serious about a dog being able to theoretically play a FPS vs being able to theory craft a build.

But what you're talking about has nothing to do with my comment that FPS (first person shooters) are mind numbingly easy and literally require 0 skill to play. Just the reflexes of akin to a mental vegetable's pupils reacting to light stimulation.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As funny as the dog bit is, I was actually serious about a dog being able to theoretically play a FPS vs being able to theory craft a build.

But what you're talking about has nothing to do with my comment that FPS (first person shooters) are mind numbingly easy and literally require 0 skill to play. Just the reflexes of akin to a mental vegetable's pupils reacting to light stimulation.

I think your FPS gameplay wasn't spectacular then. Sure, in essence, it is shooting at the target with your crosshair fixed on it. But FPS competitive scene takes way more than that and getting fantastic K/D like 2.5~3 and up takes more than just shooting at the crosshair. FPS success depends entirely on outplaying as well because opponents can also shoot back. At the same time, requires you to develop a very keen reflex so that you can have that edge. You are not gonna have a good time if all you do is just run up and trying to shoot when the opponents are entrenched or at a huge advantage.

ESO then, by your own generalization, isn't a game of skill. After all, all you do is just clicking buttons and skills fire off without you having to aim for the target with many sets like Sload's and Zaan that will kill for you. No need to outplay your opponents, right?

Reflex is required in all pvp game. Those less reflexive tend to not do well. So is thinking up responses to different problems reflexibly. It is a skill.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on June 24, 2018 3:36AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Skill has nothing to do with build diversity because build strats are not player specific.
    You’ve said in many threads that you purposely don’t run “meta” builds because you want to be original, but that you’re builds are therefore less powerful than the meta builds. Using your own definition, that makes you less skilled than every single player in ESO who can type the phrase “sloads build eso” into YouTube.

And I’m sorry but we both know you’re more skilled than anyone who would do that ;)
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “sloads build eso” into YouTube
    Ok, you got me. I didn't type it, I used copy and paste.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may sound like an odd questions ... But where do I buy purple farts ?

Seriously though ... Is sloads that bad ... I've only seen it on my death recap once and even then it was in a list of other stuff and sloads was marginable damage at best
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    Since a similar thread already exists, we will be closing this one down. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.