The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should a ganker be on his own or follow the team?

ioo
ioo
I’ve noticed in other games that the flanker should go on his own and try to pick off enemies. In battlegrounds my bow ganker was doing his own thing but my team was yelling at me to stay with them. Even though I thought I was supposed to be on my own I listened to them and stook with them. So should a bow ganker be on his own to pick off enemies or should he follow his team in eso?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So there are two schools ofmthought on this,,and one is that people who play video games aren’t very smart, and the other is that gamers are stupid. Lol.

The game mechanics are designed so that, yes, characters should assume a role and play to their strengths. Technically a bow ganker should seek high ground cover and lay waste to people attacking his teammates 50 meters away. You’ll be safer...you’ll hit harder...they’ll be safer.

However, the game has evolved (because the dev team isn’t that good) into a zergy mess. People want you to “stack on crown” because you can all spam abilities in a tight circle and be strong.

So, for the game ESO deserves to be, you should gank from an independent location. For the game wheeler and wrobel designed between matinees or Transformers 6, it’s also good to just button mash in a group.
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For BGs this mostly depends on the gamemode. Deatmatch, chaosball, start of crazy king it is very important to have the full team to be able to fight the other teams headon. Otherwise you just loose points.
    Domination and capture the flag are different in that you need to be spread out more, but you still should focus on objectives. Ganking a respawn is usually not very smart, but when you can setup something on a capture point you are holding and burst enemies down there its useful.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In open world: if any ganker needs help ganking any1, he is a disgrace as a ganker.... A glass cannon should be able to choose the fitting target and gank it without any1s help. And if you cant do that as a ganker... Dont be a Xv1 ganker like most snipe stackers who only shoot at you once your involved in a outnumbered situation. Just dont gank...
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on June 23, 2018 9:46AM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • ioo
    ioo
    Ok thx for the input guys
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    So there are two schools ofmthought on this,,and one is that people who play video games aren’t very smart, and the other is that gamers are stupid. Lol.

The game mechanics are designed so that, yes, characters should assume a role and play to their strengths. Technically a bow ganker should seek high ground cover and lay waste to people attacking his teammates 50 meters away. You’ll be safer...you’ll hit harder...they’ll be safer.

However, the game has evolved (because the dev team isn’t that good) into a zergy mess. People want you to “stack on crown” because you can all spam abilities in a tight circle and be strong.

So, for the game ESO deserves to be, you should gank from an independent location. For the game wheeler and wrobel designed between matinees or Transformers 6, it’s also good to just button mash in a group.

Interesting choice of words. Evolved is often taken as an improvement. If the word devolved had been used that sentence would makes sense.

Not getting into the rest of the opinion because it really greatly depends on tactics which can be vary greatly.
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have to say.... it depends on the game mode. If it is capture the relic or flag game, and you are off fighting randos nowhere near a resource or capture point... I would probably complain too.

At best, you are possibly distracting someone for a little bit from the objective. At worst, you are wasting time and making your team weaker by being down a person on the objective.
  • ioo
    ioo
    Yinmaigao wrote: »
    I would have to say.... it depends on the game mode. If it is capture the relic or flag game, and you are off fighting randos nowhere near a resource or capture point... I would probably complain too.

At best, you are possibly distracting someone for a little bit from the objective. At worst, you are wasting time and making your team weaker by being down a person on the objective.

Well I like to play death match the most because my character is really squishy and getting kills on my own usually works best with my build I think I was playing death match when my team was complaining (not 100% sure) but I really haven’t had a problem since then from being on my own and picking off guys in deathmatch