The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Frag CC or Ruin Cage CC?

NinchiTV
NinchiTV
✭✭✭✭✭
If you had a choice would you take the frag CC and revert ruin or keep things as is?

Frag CC or Ruin Cage CC? 116 votes

Give frags CC, revert ruin
81%
SolarikenLegacyDMarkansas_ESOAnimus-ESOrileynotzb14_ESOBaByDontHurtMeWuffyCeruleiMaulkinWyckskickback120ub17_ESOrosendoichinoveb17_ESOSheezabeastWingAllu07neb18_ESOrimmidimdimDurhamAhzekLord_HevEdziupieratsos 95 votes
Keep things as is
18%
grim_tacticsSeptimus_MagnaBluepitbull13KnowledgeRebornV3xChunkyCatbardx86KadoinsandblackFischblutElwendryllVapirkogabriebePijngCenomFakeFoxjaws343PriyasekarsskNerftheforumsn0she1teR 21 votes
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d take a complete Sorc overhaul rather, thank you very much.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep things as is
    Make it stamina based. I won't use crystal frag on my stam sorc :3
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove rc stun give us frag.

To comment above
    Like the removal of pets and a stronger version of talons. Remove those and expand on a sorc identity.

Pets are just finicky and useless in pvp outside of duels. They have constant pve issues and bug complaints and have to be double barred.

Make a world tree skill line “beasthunter” and have 5 unique pet options or the ability to catch various pets from around Tamriel that fill a skill slot during the world quest line. Providing dozens of pet options. Capture 5 initially and find out there’s a better one for your build? Remove your skillpoints and directly replace one pet with another after capturing.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frag should get its stun back, rune cage should be reverted.

I also think procced frag should additionally get its 10% damage back. Pre Morrowind/Clockwork frag was far more rewarding than current cheesy rune cage.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune cage is strong, but mages wrath needs to go.
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are ridiculously strong right now.., Something needs to change.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here’s the problem with adding a CC back to frags:

We get a dodgeable, reflectable, blockable stun on a crappy 8K frag that does even less if the enemy is wearing more than one heavy piece. And our class will be at the bottom of a barrel of garbage.

We can’t empower a frag anymore.
    The shadow mundus is nerfed.
    They took 10% damage off a proc.

We won’t be hitting people like we did back pre Morrowind with 12-15K crystal frags. Those days are done.

Now if they just reverted Cage to do no damage, between maintaining a shield stack and stunning someone, we’re blowing 3 out of 6 GCD doing no damage. That’s assuming we aren’t CC’ed or pressured because that drops to 0.

I don’t know what the answer is, maybe cage needs a range, damage, and duration nerf. Maybe they need to revert cage, and buff frags on a proc considerably. Maybe they need to turn the cage damage into a DOT instead.

A lot of GOOD Sorcs here want frags to have the stun back because they remember how good it was, I just don’t think they’ve done the math this patch. We play in another era of permanent blocking and dodge rolling.
    Edited by Minalan on June 23, 2018 1:29AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revert Rune Cage to pre Summerset state without changing anything with frag. Magsorcs dont needs stun with frag neither overpowered stun which Rune Cage right now is.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »
    Frag should get its stun back, rune cage should be reverted.

I also think procced frag should additionally get its 10% damage back. Pre Morrowind/Clockwork frag was far more rewarding than current cheesy rune cage.

Ok so You just used word "rewarding" to replace "cheesy" with it ? There is nothing rewarding with stun that with the same global cooldown brings very high dmg to the combo. Bringing old frag back would just make sorc burst combo 1 ability simplier and faster which means much more deadly on enemies that will get hitted by it and basicly unchanged on others since You still could use cage on the rest. Old frag could come back only if curse would be turned into DoT dmg.
    Edited by Juhasow on June 23, 2018 4:46AM
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killset wrote: »
    Sorcs are ridiculously strong right now.., Something needs to change.

Agreed, it actually gets boring after like an hour.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would like that extra bar slot for something more useful
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With some of these comments...
    TS8VQst.png
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep things as is
    No to frags stun coming back unless they also give back blazing shards stun and revert all other nerfs to "over loaded" skills. Otherwise, no. People crying about rune cage stun don't realize it takes ONE skill slot. That's worth more than anything in PvP IMO, esp. on a sorc...
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

We get a dodgeable, reflectable, blockable stun on a crappy 8K frag that does even less if the enemy is wearing more than one heavy piece. And our class will be at the bottom of a barrel of garbage.

We won’t be hitting people like we did back pre Morrowind with 12-15K crystal frags. Those days are done.

Now if they just reverted Cage to do no damage, between maintaining a shield stack and stunning someone, we’re blowing 3 out of 6 GCD doing no damage. That’s assuming we aren’t CC’ed or pressured because that drops to 0.

I don’t know what the answer is, maybe cage needs a range, damage, and duration nerf. Maybe they need to revert cage, and buff frags on a proc considerably. Maybe they need to turn the cage damage into a DOT instead.

A lot of GOOD Sorcs here want frags to have the stun back because they remember how good it was, I just don’t think they’ve done the math this patch. We play in another era of permanent blocking and dodge rolling.

It aint about wanting it back because they remember how good it was. Its about wanting to make the class more skill based instead of crutching on one trick pony broken abilities to be relevant.

Id rather be bottom of the barrel than crutching on rune cage. At least then the class could get attention to become more balanced instead of being OP because of one stupid ability.
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frag cc just remove insta proc or give it to dis swing
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep things as is
    Don't take away my way of one shotting people ty bb
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

This.

It´s not done with frag cc and reverting cage. The class has been maneuvered into an undesirable corner balancing wise.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

This.

It´s not done with frag cc and reverting cage. The class has been maneuvered into an undesirable corner balancing wise.

Undesirable ? By whom ? Problem with desires is that they are subjective thing and lately we can observe increase in magsorc population in PvP which kinda suggest opposite to Your words.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep things as is

Finally some sense. Reverting frags does not mean it will be what it once was, likely it’s going to be terrible. Adjust rune prison if you want but it’s the CC created for this era of PvP and it need to be unblockable/reflectable, ranged to be in line with sorc skills and do at least some damage.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frags CC because reflecting that sorc crap back at em and watching them clothes line themselves with their own crap never gets old.

its like a lesser version of reflecting these overload builds back at themselves and watching them just take themselves out, so much fun.

. . .makes me miss the days of bouncing meteors back. . .GREAT TIMES!
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep things as is

Exactly reverting frag is a horrible idea unless the damage is waaaaay buffed.
    Edited by bardx86 on June 23, 2018 10:02PM
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep things as is

That would be great. I wish ZOS would get rid of sorc pets and make them into a separate pet class or separate world/guild skill line and then replace them with a class spamable and more mobility/utility options. Pets tend to be either loved or hated, so why not just have them as a separate thing instead of wasting sorc ability slots on them?
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep things as is
    The only reason I'd prefer to have rune cage is because otherwise sorcs are completely countered by DKs running reflective scales/wings. If ZOS buffed frags or gave sorc a different way to counter DKs, then I'd rather have frags be the stun.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    The only reason I'd prefer to have rune cage is because otherwise sorcs are completely countered by DKs running reflective scales/wings. If ZOS buffed frags or gave sorc a different way to counter DKs, then I'd rather have frags be the stun.

This is incorrect. Only frags and LA is countered. Curse, fury, pulse, pets, streak, mines, all usable. Sorc is softcounter for DK with streak in roots and so much that ignores reflect. Both have a hard time killing eachother. DK getting through harness, and sorc putting pressure on block.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep things as is
    ak_pvp wrote: »

This is incorrect. Only frags and LA is countered. Curse, fury, pulse, pets, streak, mines, all usable. Sorc is softcounter for DK with streak in roots and so much that ignores reflect. Both have a hard time killing eachother. DK getting through harness, and sorc putting pressure on block.

Lol this might be true if sets like sloads and Zaan didn’t exist. If you’re not a pet sorc then pets are non existent. Streak is not really a viable damage skill due to the cost increase, and mines are avoidable and also force you into Zaan range. Force pulse might not even be slotted. So realistically you only have curse, fury and you resto heavy attack and then rune cage and meteor. And most DKs build tanky. Beating a mag DK armed with proc sets is no easy task.

Providing a mag DK wasn’t wearing Sloads and/or Zaan, and you were setting up specifically to duel then yes it could be a standoff.

But again, reverting mag sorcs back to a blockable, dodgeable, reflectable CC would send them to the trash bin these days.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you mean Rune Cage. I mean, it does ruin some people but... well...
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revert to 3.0. It wasn't the best patch but it was decent and everything since has been downhill.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Lol this might be true if sets like sloads and Zaan didn’t exist. If you’re not a pet sorc then pets are non existent. Streak is not really a viable damage skill due to the cost increase, and mines are avoidable and also force you into Zaan range. Force pulse might not even be slotted. So realistically you only have curse, fury and you resto heavy attack and then rune cage and meteor. And most DKs build tanky. Beating a mag DK armed with proc sets is no easy task.

Providing a mag DK wasn’t wearing Sloads and/or Zaan, and you were setting up specifically to duel then yes it could be a standoff.

But again, reverting mag sorcs back to a blockable, dodgeable, reflectable CC would send them to the trash bin these days.

Sloads and zaan are crutches, expect nerfs to them. (Though IMO still zaan is easily counterable) Streak is usable as a non reflectable stun. DKs build squishy now too, so are easy to burst down but hard to pressure with their shields and dots.

The point goes back to that you only have 2 reflectable abilities, and reflect in its current state is pretty trash anyway. And why are you not slotting pulse? Its solid. On my builds, I can easily stalemate a sorc if using wings, but in the open wings may as well not exist.

Even during the slump of magsorcs last patch, they were easily a mid tier spec. They will never go down to trash tier, sorcs have a LOT, but are pigeonholed into a rather samey awful playstyle, which is why no one liked the last meta.
    Edited by ak_pvp on June 24, 2018 4:04PM
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sloads and zaan are crutches, expect nerfs to them. (Though IMO still zaan is easily counterable) Streak is usable as a non reflectable stun. DKs build squishy now too, so are easy to burst down but hard to pressure with their shields and dots.

The point goes back to that you only have 2 reflectable abilities, and reflect in its current state is pretty trash anyway. And why are you not slotting pulse? Its solid. On my builds, I can easily stalemate a sorc if using wings, but in the open wings may as well not exist.

Even during the slump of magsorcs last patch, they were easily a mid tier spec. They will never go down to trash tier, sorcs have a LOT, but are pigeonholed into a rather samey awful playstyle, which is why no one liked the last meta.

If last patch was ‘mid-tier’ I’d really hate to see trash.

We have three main damage skills, wrath, curse, and frags (I’m not counting streak because the BoL morph doesn’t do damage). Everything else everyone has access to (reach, elemental weapon, force pulse), those are not class skills, changing them affects everyone.

Wrath does no damage above 20% health, and you’ll never kill a DK with just curse. And if you can’t CC a DK (because cage becomes blockable or some garbage) then you had better be able to streak out of his range constantly.

If you want to revert Cage, then at least let us streak without penalty if we hit someone. And increase the damage on frags considerably.

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If last patch was ‘mid-tier’ I’d really hate to see trash.

We have three main damage skills, wrath, curse, and frags (I’m not counting streak because the BoL morph doesn’t do damage). Everything else everyone has access to (reach, elemental weapon, force pulse), those are not class skills, changing them affects everyone.

Wrath does no damage above 20% health, and you’ll never kill a DK with just curse. And if you can’t CC a DK (because cage becomes blockable or some garbage) then you had better be able to streak out of his range constantly.

If you want to revert Cage, then at least let us streak without penalty if we hit someone. And increase the damage on frags considerably.

If they were trash tier, they wouldn't be ran like a lot of the stam specs weren't, but even last patch sorcs were popular. I'm not against adding a little bit of pressure to sorcs, or buffing frags, but adding an incredibly overpowered ability to guarantee the hit of a burst is never good design.

Saying that that sorc deserves a counterless CC because its mildly countered by a weak defense is like saying my DK deserves unpurgable dots because of purge. It doesn't. Its not even like DK or block builds counters sorc any other way, Also, if you want strong pressure vs DK, run a pet build.
    Best houseknight EU.