The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I can hear a bard in my houses...?

• xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bug, but man I wish we could buy a bard to set in our homes and add a little more sound to it.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:58PM
  • Shetogle
    Shetogle
    I'm hearing him in Gardner House. I like it and like the idea of a ghost bard roaming Tamriel. :)
    Ingame ID: @Ninane
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That sucks. I hear once they build a nest, even fire can't get rid of them.

(it's a weird random bug that happens in various places. I've spent many a minute jumping around hay bales trying to locate the invisiBard at Auridon stables and another in Clockwork City outskirts)

Fortunately, being an RPG, running about looking like a complete lunatic is pretty standard fare.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on June 20, 2018 1:07PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup - it definitely happens in places other than houses; I hear him pretty frequently in Shornhelm's bank. Sometimes there are two of them and they're singing different songs. It's so distracting that I have to relog.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please get all the bards in the crown store so we can buy the one we want for our houses.

Also please allow them to toggle on and off by interacting with the NPC. If you really wanted to go full awesome please allow the player to request the song they want to hear through interaction with the NPC.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look, another bug the ESO devs haven't fixed for almost a year.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have a random Bard in my home from time to time. Not a problem, other than I wish he/she was also visible.

Last week, Chalman Keep in Cyrodiil also hosted a bard for a short while, singing along between fights. She was somewhere near the transitus shrine :smile:
    PS4NA
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look, another bug the ESO devs haven't fixed for almost a year.

If they spent energy on trivial things like this I'd be concerned about their priorities. I, for one, am glad it hasn't made the list.
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had a female bard once in a while on the far balcony of my Alinor apartment. I thought it was a bard below in the street, her siren song wafting upward to my balcony. SInce she is only there sometimes, I assume that perhaps she is a part-time bard, and when I get to hear her melody, she is on duty. :)

Another vote toward the purchasable Bard please!
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • ValorieW
    ValorieW
    ✭✭✭
    YES, I want an NPC bard for my house, PLEASE!!!
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard the invisible bard in Daggerfall's Mages Guild, so yeah, it's not just in homes.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That was a bard? I turned the poor fellow into ashes. Ah, well, trespassers beware!