The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I can hear a bard in my houses...?

reoskit
reoskit
✭✭✭✭✭
Not complaining here, but...

I was in my Velothi Reverie about an hour ago and I could hear a male bard singing and playing the lute. He was in the left wing, in the far back left. I could hear him upstairs and downstairs. I cannot see him. I found I couldn't place any items while I could hear him. I relogged and he was gone.

Now, I'm in Strident Springs and I can hear him at the front of the house, both upstairs and downstairs. I can place items this time, so maybe that's unrelated.

I had someone visit and listen, but they couldn't hear it. If I move away from the spots where I can hear him, the voice/music fades and then stops. It was a male voice both times.

Anyone else hearing a bard at their house? (And, no, I'm not crazy.)
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, I have all 3 manors and hundings didn't have anything of the sort in mine odd
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had this bug few days ago, and not only in my house (Amaya Lake Lodge, I heard a bard near entrance). I was able to hear a bard near bank in Vvardenfell multiple times (sound was coming from underground), I asked my friend to come here and tell me if he's hearing it too but he didn't. I think changing zone/relogging solved this issue for me.
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this when I ported into my Hunding's Palatial Hall on PTS a few days ago. It sounded like the male bard was standing outside the main entrance, so I ported out to Stros M'kai and it sounded like he was under the bridge leading up to the house, but there was no one there of course :D

Ported back into the house and the sound disappeared.
    Not even daedra have two left feet!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ghost bard......

This should be some sort of weird quest to ease his troubled spirit.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • karrie7
    karrie7
    ✭✭✭
    It's coming...purchasable bard npc ...*** yeah..
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies! I'm glad other folks have experienced this.

I agree - a purchasable bard would be great. I was kind of sad when he left; the music made the space much more alive... even if he was a ghost bard. ;)
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies! I'm glad other folks have experienced this.

I agree - a purchasable bard would be great. I was kind of sad when he left; the music made the space much more alive... even if he was a ghost bard. ;)

Great, as long as he knows more than one ballad :)

• SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    I have strident springs and have not had this happen..

*sniffle* lol
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    That bard is VERY attracted to you, and wants to do one of those 80's holding a boom box on top of your head while blasting an emotional song.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aurelle1 - He sang a whole bunch of songs and played a couple instrumentals, too. Thank the Eight. The same song over and over again wouldn't work for me. If I could get Malukah to play in my house... Lubdub!

*hands @SSlarg a tissue*

@MUSTACHMAN654 - Lol!!
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    @Aurelle1 - He sang a whole bunch of songs and played a couple instrumentals, too. Thank the Eight. The same song over and over again wouldn't work for me. If I could get Malukah to play in my house... Lubdub!

*hands @SSlarg a tissue*

@MUSTACHMAN654 - Lol!!

*Takes tissue*

Thank you! ;)
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I heard exactly the same thing yesterday when I entered my house (Mathiisen Manor) and I was like: "omg... do I hear voices in my head?! I play too much..."

Actually, there is Malukah singing in my house but only near the door to the house. When I go in or move to the other side of the garden, the voice disappears.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Had same thing just a few days ago. Was in Gardner house and it was definitely one of Vvardenfell bards because he was singing about brave kwama, Red Mountain and all that kind of stuff. The owner of the house - standing right next to me - couldn't hear it. Was pretty cool actually.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard him in Strident Springs.
  • Maole1989
    Maole1989
    ✭✭✭
    karrie7 wrote: »
    It's coming...purchasable bard npc ...*** yeah..

Haven't experienced the bard glitch, but I would like this to liven up the home! B)
    [1 Corinthians 13] [John 15:13] [John 3:16]
    Maole_1989 - PS4 NA EP
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He arrived today at our guild house (Daggerfall Overlook). It's loudest just a few steps forward from the main gate. Weird!

Edit: It seems only the homeowner hears it.
    Edited by hiyde on October 4, 2017 11:59PM
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's clearly the ghost of a bard who died under mysterious circumstances, and is now doomed to roam through Tamriel playing his sad ballads eternally.

:'(
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The planemeld is nigh, the planemeld is nigh
    Our world will disappear...
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • FlynnCoyote
    FlynnCoyote
    Soul Shriven
    He's been singing in my Sleek Creek home as well. Only recall it happening after I toggled the setting to allow visitors?
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have heard it in Strident Spring. I thought a guildie was pranking. Heard it behind the house but no one was visible.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it's the best substitute for a bard yet, zos please add real ones!
    Argonian masterrace
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call the Ghostbusters! You have been sold a house with a poltergeist, cool!
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the Ghost Bard thread has been... (wait for it...) ... resurrected.

*chuckles* Pardon me; I need more coffee.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    I have heard it in Strident Spring. I thought a guildie was pranking. Heard it behind the house but no one was visible.

Didn't realize this still happened.... I also have Strident spring and the bard was in the same location... Would like him to return... or get a tangible bard for my house
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    I've had it since August too. Wonder when the devs will post an acknowledgement on the issue. Its starting to drive me mental.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Can this thread be sent to the sound team or someone who would be able to investigate the ghost bard thing? In some places there's even two bard songs playing at once in the same area, usually one over top the actual visible bard.
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The ghost bard serenaded my group through an entire dungeon last week. His volume fluctuated depending on how close I was to one of my group members. Clearly it was a case of ghostly possession.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Hauteecole_Rider16
    Hauteecole_Rider16
    ✭✭✭
    I too heard a ghost bard. This time it seemed connected to a random player character that happened to be working the same dungeon as me at the same time - Windridge Cave in Stormhaven, either Friday the 8th or Saturday the 9th.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My friend heard him the other night in her hut in Glenumbra, but in past she has also been haunted by him in delves and dungeons, and multiple instances of him at inns, singing different songs that all clash with one another. I don't have this problem on the US server but on the EU server I will hear one additional bard every single time I go into an inn, until there is such a stack of clashing bards all singing different songs that it makes me scream and I have to log out and back in to get rid of it. I was just assuming I'd pissed off Uncle Sheo.
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭
    Just encountered this. Had someone visit me in Mournoth Keep, but apparently they couldn't hear it. Going by that alone it seems like a bug of a sort. The way the sound was projecting, it was like she was just outside the gate though. Like it was a bard looking for work. It adds something interesting even if it's not an intentional feature.

UPDATE 1: Stepped outside the house and was still hearing it coming from the gate. Weird stuff.

UPDATE 2: Fast traveled to Elden Root, and it followed me there, and was coming from the Wayshrine.
    Edited by DerethDawnblade on January 18, 2018 10:36PM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hear the bard in my cottage if I purchase a rock from Daggerfall and place it on the cottage property. The music doesn't last forever though and not everyone can hear it.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--