As a CP pvpers, what options do we have? Please englighten me

amir412
amir412
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm forcing myself to think that us, CP pvpers, have a part in this game, But it seems like we clearly dont.

Think about it,
We have few options after work to play ESO PVP:

* Cyrodill - Vivec prime time, 180-250 ping in a good day.
* Cyrodill - Shor, Roleplay campaign, no one to fight, ENDLESS riding.
* Imperial City - Lols.
* Battleground - No cp, no place for me there, and beside, imo most unbalanced gameplay.
* Duels - Only place in EU is at alikr desert, which has the most aids builds out there to duel, not fun for me or any1 else.

So tell me, do CP pvpers have place in this game?
PC | EU | AD | "@Saidden"| 1700 CP|
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish all pvp was no cp much more balanced
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gprime31 wrote: »

Then u are clueless.
  • MalcolM24
    MalcolM24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ye that's why I usually just log off at 7pm x) Got more fun things to do after that. Having a good time before prime time (lag) kicks in though.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no option for us. I come Home 6pm, cyro already laggy. No point for me to log in.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I often avoid the height of primetime, but am now finding the 'small-scale' play after midnight more and more toxic so log in less and less.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No-CP is much better, you can actually sustain someone down by getting their resources to 0 and there's fewer infinite stalemates that last until someone falls asleep.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on June 21, 2018 7:55AM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No-CP is much better, you can actually sustain someone down by getting their resources to 0 and there's fewer infinite stalemates that last until someone falls asleep.

Ye, i bet getting 7k skoria procs and sloads + master bleeds are very fun in no cp too.
    I rather fall a sleep than dying to sets.

Edited by amir412 on June 21, 2018 7:57AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory CP ruined ESO comment.

Those sadly are your options. Hopefully now BG are base game though ZOS will see a population increase enough to offer both CP and No-CP modes.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »

Ye, i bet getting 7k skoria procs and sloads + master bleeds are very fun in no cp too.

Skoria has a base value of 9000. So highest you will get hit for is about half that if you play naked. After mitigation it probably hits me for 3-3,5k, abit higher if enemy has alot of +fire dmg or +20%dmg from soul harvest up.

Not saying proc sets aren't strong on no cp, they are. But no more unbalanced than amplified defile is on cp.

• Anomanderake
    No cp is just better...
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Obligatory CP ruined ESO comment.

Those sadly are your options. Hopefully now BG are base game though ZOS will see a population increase enough to offer both CP and No-CP modes.

sets like sloads has ruined non cp pvp i refuse to touch it
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a cp lover myself (1vXing is just so much more viable in vivec), I do have to admit that sotha would not be THAT bad if it wouldn't bring you back to 1T when you step into it. Because of lag and changes to my schedule, I switched to that campaign 3-4 months ago and I still have to die without seeing at least one viper/skoria/selene's/veli/redmountain/caluurion/sload's/younameit in my death recap. The campaign is a proc-fest unfortunately, yet it is the only one not always lagging and is alive in prime time.

But hey, cp environments have been like this since cheat engine detector patch (?), I got used to simply not play PvP in prime time anymore.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »

Skoria has a base value of 9000. So highest you will get hit for is about half that if you play naked. After mitigation it probably hits me for 3-3,5k, abit higher if enemy has alot of +fire dmg or +20%dmg from soul harvest up.

Not saying proc sets aren't strong on no cp, they are. But no more unbalanced than amplified defile is on cp.

Okay did i got hit by a 5.5 k skoria on a non vamp char? Should be impossible right?
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »

Okay did i got hit by a 5.5 k skoria on a non vamp char? Should be impossible right?

Doesnt even worth to explain, scrubs will remain scrubs.
    Edited by amir412 on June 21, 2018 12:00PM
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dumner nightblade using incap/soul harvest and you being debuffed to near 0 resists should just about do it.
    Edited by glavius on June 21, 2018 12:16PM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LoL at people saying Non-CP is more balanced/ better than CP.

I mean must be fun having every encounter being decided by procs, poisons or who can stack more cancer and you better hope to haven't had a fight in the last 45 seconds because if you had you're SOL my friend.

There is no place for good CP PvP, i hope BGs become CP based once again those were truly golden times when fights could be won by skill rather than the complete reliance on procs.
    How much fun it was ripping all viper+selene stamnbs apart in CP BGs when they couldn't crutch on them any further
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

beyond biased
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dumner nightblade using incap/soul harvest and you being debuffed to near 0 resists should just about do it.

Resist doesnt matter. Normal tooltip is 9k and battlespirit cuts this in half. To 4.5. No matter my resist. And with my resist and cp allocation it should be even less. So again. Explain me how it can hit for 5.5k

And 5.5k hit from a stupid monster set every 5-10 seconds is completly broken. Its a free ultimate for doing nothing besides placing a dot on your target. Balance :heart:
    Edited by Gnozo on June 21, 2018 1:01PM
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer passive, Minor Berserk and Death Stroke debuff can increase its dmg by up to 35% and 4,5*1,35=6k (assuming those boni are additive and calculated after battle spirit. Not entirely sure if that's actually the case, different calculations could result in higher dmg).

Edit: Forgot Minor Vulnerability, which can add another 8%.
    Edited by Rianai on June 21, 2018 1:10PM
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Resist doesnt matter. Normal tooltip is 9k and battlespirit cuts this in half. To 4.5. No matter my resist. And with my resist and cp allocation it should be even less. So again. Explain me how it can hit for 5.5k

And 5.5k hit from a stupid monster set every 5-10 seconds is completly broken. Its a free ultimate for doing nothing besides placing a dot on your target. Balance :heart:

+20% from incap/soul harvest and +7% fire dmg from dunmer racial. 4500*1,27=5715.
    Also, we are talking no cp, so your cp allocation doesn't matter... Now on cp, you can reach alot higher values if your opponent is low cp or simply placed his defensive cp wrong.
    Edited by glavius on June 21, 2018 1:08PM
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6k hit every 5-10 seconds for putting on monster set while my leap/dawnbreaker needs at least 30-60 seconds to charge up and hits for 5k. Awwwwwww Balance :heart:
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then u are clueless.

He's not wrong. They just need to give certain balance options and changes. Otherwise you need to delete CP entirely from PvP to stop the power creep.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The "problem" with CP pvp is mostly a lack of diminishing returns issue.

They never should have removed soft caps from game... But, they did so what we are left with is the opportunity to stack certain thing beyond reason.

Most of the time there isn't much an issue in CP pvp, but the oddity of people that go all in on certain things creates an imbalance that mostly can not be countered past doing the same thing.

An example (and it's just an easy example, not an indictment of magicka sorcs) is the magicka stacking Sorcerer. Insane shields, insane damage... if you aren't built to survive they will kill you with curse, rune cage and a frag proc/overload (which, is not so easy to "avoid"). When softcaps were in place, the extreme examples of stacking a stat didn't gain power exponentially.

I just have found that No CP acts as a bit of soft cap which yields it being a bit more balanced.

Bring back soft caps, eliminate No CP, rework the pvp servers into time zone servers (West Coast/Pacific, Central, East Coast/Atlantic).
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those sets will kill you in CP PvP as well
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Those sets will kill you in CP PvP as well

They still have less effects in CP, they're still too strong but with more sustain, more damage and better survivability vs up front burst you have more ways to win of you know what you're doing
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recently put sload's, skoria, master DW and bone pirate on my stamDK for BGs.

I don't even feel like I'm trying. It's broken.
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stuns and stun immunity. I should say lack of it. Single greatest pvp killer to me. You break free only to be stunned by some bodies stupid button mash.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No CP is super slow paced and fotm gear is even more important than in CP pvp and that's the reason why I dislike it so much.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Multiple dots, which unless you are are running bleeds/sloads, are often very low damage, meta is still bursty.

MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP is super slow paced and fotm gear is even more important than in CP pvp and that's the reason why I dislike it so much.

Slow paced??