The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

As a CP pvpers, what options do we have? Please englighten me

• amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW WOW WOW, This isnt a freaking CP or NO CP thread.
    This is about that its 19:00 here, and i already logged off cyro because of 250 ping.
    Before that i had a blast with some friends. Keep discussing that instead no cp/ cp ***, i dont care what way u like to pvp, each individual has its own taste.
    The issue is bigger here.
    Edited by amir412 on June 21, 2018 5:03PM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    This is about that its 19:00 here, and i already logged off cyro because of 250 ping.
    Before that i had a blast with some friends. Keep discussing that instead no cp/ cp ***, i dont care what way u like to pvp, each individual has its own taste.

Ultimately, splitting up the population between No CP and CP has been the issue.

Balancing out the load by eliminating that division and reorganizing pvp servers is *a* solution.

• LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate no cp. The sustain is terrible. Without cp zos might as well just delete most of the sets in the game since nobody will have enough sustain to wear them. 64 cp into mooncalf/arcanist is minimum to make this game playable. Even overland sucks without cp. Nobody should ever have to heavy attack, Most slow, boring repetitive mechanic ever.
    Edited by LittlePinkDot on June 22, 2018 3:21PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate no cp. The sustain is terrible. Without cp zos might as well just delete most of the sets in the game since nobody will have enough sustain to wear them. 64 cp into mooncalf/arcanist is minimum to make this game playable. Even overland sucks without cp. Nobody should ever have to heavy attack, Most slow, boring repetitive mechanic ever.

Your sustain for the most part is a reflection of your experience in no cp. It's not as bad as people make it out to be.

If you're experienced enough, you can run multiple damage sets or proc sets and be completely fine because damage is really high in no cp. Don't need the sustain if you're killing someone in one rotation. The good player's or players that's better are the ones that will give you trouble with a setup like that.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering Cyrodiil has been the main stay of PvP since the game launched and all but one +50 campaign is CP (OP kinda skewed that) it seems good.

Zos tried CP BGs and they clearly did not like how they saw it. For a solid PvP player it should not really matter. Some minor tweaks and GTG.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gprime31 wrote: »
    I wish all pvp was no cp much more balanced

Then u are clueless.

And you are unpleasant...
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both CP Cyrodiil and Duels and No CP Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds have different problems and different arrangements of class imbalance... Most important thing here is if your having fun or not... If you are, Great! If you aren’t, try another build, play with a small group of good friends, or play a different game. The point is to have fun, is it not?
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But no CP is better than CP ;).

You are most definitely not out of options. It looks like you found an option by logging off!
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Obligatory CP ruined ESO comment.

Those sadly are your options. Hopefully now BG are base game though ZOS will see a population increase enough to offer both CP and No-CP modes.

I did random que today, 4 bgs in a row with the exact same ppl. I'm afraid mmr has ruined the fun for me.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Both CP Cyrodiil and Duels and No CP Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds have different problems and different arrangements of class imbalance... Most important thing here is if your having fun or not... If you are, Great! If you aren’t, try another build, play with a small group of good friends, or play a different game. The point is to have fun, is it not?
    You can have a lot of fun in real life zombie apocalipse too but that doesn't change the fact that the world is f***ed up. The point here is not only having fun but creating a healthy game enviroment for all modes which is what all the fuss is about.
    Neglecting problems and just trying to have fun with whatever fotm gear/skill and exploiting the sh*t all the way is not the right thing imo. Because you're not fixing anything by doing this. Same problem arises in every big patch and it always starts all over again. Soon they will nerf certain things which isn't a surprise because it's always nerf-buff-nerf-buff. Then another unbalanced mechanic will be added to game in the next big update.
    It's a loophole ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    And it must me overcame by zos by giving the right cure, not the cancer!
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    so your problem is with proc sets not no cp maybe you are barking at the wrong tree
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    No CP is super slow paced and fotm gear is even more important than in CP pvp and that's the reason why I dislike it so much.

how many stam players you see running seventh fury in no cp lol

time to kill is the slowest in no cp thats literally the only reason they made bgs no cp so I dont get how you find it slow paced
    Edited by Mihael on June 23, 2018 5:50AM
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    You can have a lot of fun in real life zombie apocalipse too but that doesn't change the fact that the world is f***ed up. The point here is not only having fun but creating a healthy game enviroment for all modes which is what all the fuss is about.
    Neglecting problems and just trying to have fun with whatever fotm gear/skill and exploiting the sh*t all the way is not the right thing imo. Because you're not fixing anything by doing this. Same problem arises in every big patch and it always starts all over again. Soon they will nerf certain things which isn't a surprise because it's always nerf-buff-nerf-buff. Then another unbalanced mechanic will be added to game in the next big update.
    It's a loophole ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    And it must me overcame by zos by giving the right cure, not the cancer!

I’m not really advocating having fun at the expense of others through the use of broken op sets and classes... I play a non sloads non healer magden for small scale pvp and have fun with it if that says anything... all I’m saying is that no cp pvp and cp pvp both have theirs pros and cons and that neither is superior... But yes I agree, every big patch had its op nonsense that people exploited in pvp and the use of these broken setups plus the unwillingness of zos to quickly respond to many game breaking performance issues and pvp imbalances has really hurt the health of the eso pvp community and has led to a considerable increase in toxicity... But in the end it’s just a game and people will play only if they enjoy it and will quit if they don’t... It’s on zos to make it fun and worth playing if they want to keep making money off it
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP pvp has OW Cyrodiil only

No CP PvP has OW Cyrodiil and BGs.

Clearly no CP is the way to go (more action available)

Lol.

Both seem like they could have more availability. If BGs became CP again, then I'd lean for CP. But as is, no CP is the way for me
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is Shor so empty anyways? There's a perfectly good campaign just waiting for players to join.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the longest the game revolved around cp pvp , no cp really only has bgs because there’s not many in open world no cp. it barely gets one bar unless it’s an event going on. So I think it’s misleading to act like the majority of the pvp population isn’t in cp pvp.
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm forcing myself to think that us, CP pvpers, have a part in this game, But it seems like we clearly dont.

Think about it,
    We have few options after work to play ESO PVP:

* Cyrodill - Vivec prime time, 180-250 ping in a good day.
    * Cyrodill - Shor, Roleplay campaign, no one to fight, ENDLESS riding.
    * Imperial City - Lols.
    * Battleground - No cp, no place for me there, and beside, imo most unbalanced gameplay.
    * Duels - Only place in EU is at alikr desert, which has the most aids builds out there to duel, not fun for me or any1 else.

So tell me, do CP pvpers have place in this game?

Have you tried the PVE challenges? I sometimes take 6 mo hiatus from pvp to do pve waiting for rebalancings etc. I do pop in pvp from time to time but not always during the hiatus.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then u are clueless.

BURN....
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »

Then u are clueless.

BURN....

So burned i got lost in life.
    Grow up kid.

• Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I have to say about "non-CP PvP" is: what was the point of getting to 750+ CP if YOU NEVER GET TO USE IT. 'Nuff said.
    CP-enabled PvP is far better and more diverse than the fake-damage skill-less proc-set flavor-of-the-month non-CP PvP.

TL;DR:

CP-enabled PvP > Non-CP PvP
    Far more build diversity in CP-enabled PvP.

CP-enabled Battlegrounds need to be brought back, in a separate queue from non-CP, so the plebs can still have their proc-fest, lmao.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I have to say about "non-CP PvP" is: what was the point of getting to 750+ CP if YOU NEVER GET TO USE IT. 'Nuff said.
    CP-enabled PvP is far better and more diverse than the fake-damage skill-less proc-set flavor-of-the-month non-CP PvP.

TL;DR:

CP-enabled Battlegrounds need to be brought back, in a separate queue from non-CP, so the plebs can still have their proc-fest, lmao.

Those are exactly my thoughts, cheers to u.
    Edited by amir412 on June 25, 2018 7:54PM

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TL;DR:

The part about build diversity isn’t actually true , you can use more of the sets in the game in no cp than you can in cp. whether people choose to do so is an entirely different story. There’s just about as much build “diversity” in cp as it is in no cp, everyone is running the same group of sets. Trying to make it seem like there’s 20 different sets being used in cp is ludicrous. When in reality the same sets(including proc sets) are being used in both, except there’s sets that you can only run in no cp.

Both cp and no cp is filled with skill-less nonsense.