The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Be constructive and patient

• Syko
    Syko
    I don't think they intended to let bugs carry on during the early release stages. I would imagine they tried to fix them when reported during the beta phase, but the issue with this is I imagine it's hard to test it out with just a small quality assurance team. With a lot more people playing the game live now, they have a massive field of testers before the actual game release, which I imagine is the whole point to the early release.

Zenimax/Bethesda are not companies like those dreadful developers/owners of WoW, they always aim to release quality content and take their customers' feedback into account, but like many people have explained, there will be growing pains, which have been experienced by every single game release I can recall taking part in.

Just be patient, I am sure once we all get back in the patches will make us happier with the game experience than we previously were,having to constantly wait to complete quests due to bugs.

Just think about the positive side of things, if this was bugs in WoW, we would have waited a month at least for the fix to be rolled out. In this case, they've began rolling out fixes just hours after the problem were reported/investigated.
    Edited by Syko on April 2, 2014 5:36PM
    Syko
    CP: 384+
    Dark Elf - Magicka Nightblade
    Dark Elf - Destro Sorc
    SouthMS.US
    Options
  • jbird79
    jbird79
    It really sickens me to see people running this beautiful game down all because they are hoping to squeeze some sort of refund out of CS. If you were not willing to go through the hiccups that a game launch always is then you should not have paid for early access, period! Stop complaining in hopes of getting something out of CS. If you really believe that this is a travesty and not worth your money or time then leave the game, and let those of us who understand what is involved in creating and maintaining a great game like this continue to play and help the devs work out the bugs and improve this already epic game. I play this because it has always been a dream to see Elder Scrolls in an mmo and the dev team actually delivered on a new and fresh take on this overdone, cookie-cutter genre.

I want to congratulate CS's dev team and let you know how much I appreciate all your hard work in bringing this childish fantasy of mine to a reality. The fact that you did not fall prey to churning out another cookie-cutter version of WoW just to turn a buck speaks volumes. I personally salute you all and will be waiting patiently with full support while you guys iron out the kinks.
    Options
  • gldnsabre_ESO
    Double post after editing!!
    Edited by gldnsabre_ESO on April 2, 2014 5:46PM
    Options
  • gldnsabre_ESO
    We as consumers need to stop making excuses for companies that put out unfinished products. If this is the issue for most MMO launches then the rule of thumb should be the software stays in beta longer and we allow more testing. If we need to open up beta to more players then do so.

However the rule of thumb seems to be now, release a half fixed piece of SW and let the consumer test it after paying and we will call it Early Access and say it is still in beta and charge for the privilege of play 3 to 5 days before others.. As a gamer I have no issue with a game in DEV being held up to be fixed. However I do have a major issue with a game that should still in DEV being released
    and calling it a finished product.

Please read the whole post before flaming I did say if it was not finished I would be ok with it staying in beta longer to make sure it works. Most of the issues that are being fixed are not client or server hardware related they are software bugs that should have been handled during beta.
    Edited by gldnsabre_ESO on April 2, 2014 5:45PM
    Options
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    I expected a large patch the day before release, that was inevitable and I still expect it to happen. But a greater than 12 hour downtime in the middle of early start is a bit much. Especially when people payed a significant amount extra for that specific benefit. (Yes, I know that is not all that you got but frankly it is a huge selling point for people that bought the Imperial edition.)

Also, we are not talking about a game that is Pay once play always, like GW2, this will have a monthly sub fee, so we aren't through paying for it. So not fixing things that were reported as broken in their minimal beta is concerning, especially when you add the lack of forethought that went into designing a multi-language forum and just dumping all the languages in the same forum, a sub form split isn't that difficult.

Now there are those that are going to say; "Well they didn't have to offer that at all." and you would be correct. Now take a moment and think how much not offering what has become fairly standard would have impacted sales, especially of sales of the "Imperial edition", so actually yes they did have to offer it in order to get the starting sales numbers they needed. Also, imho all the ability to play and imperial and the ability to join any of the 3 factions with any race did was fix a huge mistake in the game, since that is how it should have been and has always been in every other Elder Scrolls game. I fully expect that is become something that is at least purchasable in the future. So I don't see that as a real benefit.

In short I think that the folks who expressed concern about this excessive down time do have a fair argument and reason to complain. Not much that can be done about it at this point because, well frankly they already have your money.

P.S.
    Darf wrote: »
    please understand that new MMO's are like a giant ship with thousands of moving parts.

Darf, LOL, thank you for this it reminded me of an old saying from my Army days that brought to mind some good memories. Back then Heuy's were still the norm and Blackhawks were the new thing. Your quote reminded me of something we used to say; that Heuy's weren't really helicopters they were actually 6000 moving parts flying in close formation. LOL.

What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
    Options
  • Locnar
    Locnar
    Soul Shriven
    Since my pre order said 5 days early access can I get a refund because basically it's turning out to be 2.5 days early access. I'd also like to see pre order early access changed to pre order extended beta time.

lol
    Options
  • Sethren
    Sethren
    ✭✭
    A long downtime is not unexpected. Every launch has its issues, and it's far better that they address them now rather than ignoring them just for the sake of more playtime. What would you rather do? Get to play a game that is extremely buggy, or wait while the servers are taken down, so that those bugs can be addressed?

I've been having to work on connectivity issues, and I have everything setup to test whether or not the issue has been resolved. I do need a server to test though. I've been waiting for 3 hours now. No biggie. I'd rather them fix the issues than ignore them for the sake of playtime. I get much more frustrated with buggy playtime than I do with waiting on a server maintenance to complete. That's just me though. It gives me time to get everything else I needed to get done today completed, so I can have more playtime when the servers do come up. :) Glass half-full :)

Without being cliche', patience is a virtue (admittedly not one of mine). However, waiting on server maintenance is definitely the "lesser of two evils" when compared to playing with game-breaking/progression-blocking bugs.

Might go play some FFX in HD while I wait.
    Options
  • Negative39
    jbird79, that's just sycophantic nonsense. The fact is we DID PAY for early access and have lost a day. That's really not on. Software developers, especially those that work on MMOs seem get a pass on giving paying customers broken product and just write it off as 'that's mmos for you'. Which is not good enough. All of the cringe worthy posts here about 'give them a break' make my skin crawl.

From what I have played so far this is a GREAT game, and I've personally experienced exactly zero in game bugs (outside of me mysteriously dismounting my horse every now and again) on my trip to level 9. So far I've been delighted with everything in game.

None of that changes the fact that today's performance is just not on.
    Options
  • MOGKash
    MOGKash
    Another thing we may consider before we flame is that these devs are probably running on fumes after being up all night trying to fix the issues. I set aside my day to play TESO as well, but the unforeseen happens. Let's support them, not make it more difficult :wink:
    Options
  • MOGKash
    MOGKash
    Another thing we may consider before we flame is that these devs are probably running on fumes after being up all night trying to fix the issues. I set aside my day to play TESO as well, but the unforeseen happens. Let's support them, not make it more difficult :wink:
    Options
  • Negative39
    MOGKash , no-one here is making the dev's lives any more difficult by venting. It affects their ability to bring the servers back online not one jot. Just like your comment does not make it any easier for them. Nothing we say here affect the situation, but we have every right to express our disappointment. Personally I have waited 10 hours before coming here to express my frustration - I have been patient and now I am angry. I think I have a right to be.
    Options
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    MOGKash wrote: »
    Another thing we may consider before we flame is that these devs are probably running on fumes after being up all night trying to fix the issues.

Which is exactly what they are paid to do and they are paid a damn site more than most of us I would wager. I have been a Nurse for almost 20 years and have had many times when I would rather have gone home and not worked 22 hours or more in a row. So I have exactly zero sympathy for the sleep deprived computer tech's.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
    Options
  • FlintNo1
    FlintNo1
    ✭✭
    Thanks for updating, Just going to take a look through the notes.
    Options
  • Fragorders
    Fragorders
    ✭✭
    Take a moment (since it seems there are a few folks who have some free time) and check out the link: cracked.com/article_20316_the-5-most-stupidly-disastrous-military-computer-glitches.html And that is not a video game, or an OS, but the MILITARY and they had some glitches!

So what am I getting at? 2014 or not, $hit happens, better to find and fix it now, than later I say. Even with the issues going on in the game since early release, I am still enjoying the heck out of this game and have full confidence in the company ironing out the kinks in the system.
    Edited by Fragorders on April 2, 2014 6:20PM
    Options
  • gldnsabre_ESO
    Should have been tested and fixed in beta. These issues are not client or server hardware issues they are coding and beta issues. If software has bugs(which all software does) then it needs to be handled in beta. If needed you add more testers you test it longer, you do not release it call it a finished product and charge people for it then say bummer we have to take it down to fix something that(was reported in beta numerous times) should have already been fixed. Stop making excuses for companies, if this was your car you would be pissed or dead.
    Options
  • Sethren
    Sethren
    ✭✭
    On a side note: patch is now available for download.

That is all.
    Options
  • aegis156
    aegis156
    ✭✭
    Cthulu wrote: »
    My biggest concern with this down time, is that it is to address issues that where reported during the beta phases. Its a little disappointing to me that these fixes weren't implemented before the game was opened for early access, but instead as paying customers now, they are being addressed now which is in turn cutting in to our play time.

I am hoping these issues get resolved, but feel that the development team should have fixed these when they where reported initially during the beta phases.

Honestly you can't be that surprised. They have not shown great amounts of competence. As a project manager I would have been fired long ago for what is common place at ZoS
    Options
  • Syko
    Syko
    As a customer service manager, I understand both sides of the ordeal. I agree with the other customers that they should have provided more/detailed updates in a timely manor until the problem was resolved. Though, from a business/manager stand point and working in the IT industry/customer service field, I also know that ETA's are a very bad thing.

Imagine how many of those same people complaining about not having an ETA would go on an entirely new rampage once that ETA was realized to be un-meet-able? I would whole-heartedly prefer they remain transparent and honest with us, if they do not know how long it will take, that's fine. Just provide us with updates maybe on an hourly basis and we'll be kept in the loop.

Everyone complained and rushed them, now just look what has happened. They've brought the server back online without the problems entirely fixed, now the in-game mail and guild functions are disabled until those problems are fixed. So now we can expect another downtime for a reboot in the coming hours and we have no one to blame but ourselves.
    Syko
    CP: 384+
    Dark Elf - Magicka Nightblade
    Dark Elf - Destro Sorc
    SouthMS.US
    Options
  • jbird79
    jbird79
    Obviously
    Negative39 wrote: »
    jbird79, that's just sycophantic nonsense. The fact is we DID PAY for early access and have lost a day. That's really not on. Software developers, especially those that work on MMOs seem get a pass on giving paying customers broken product and just write it off as 'that's mmos for you'. Which is not good enough. All of the cringe worthy posts here about 'give them a break' make my skin crawl.

From what I have played so far this is a GREAT game, and I've personally experienced exactly zero in game bugs (outside of me mysteriously dismounting my horse every now and again) on my trip to level 9. So far I've been delighted with everything in game.

None of that changes the fact that today's performance is just not on.

Obviously, none of you work in software. If you did you would understand. I'm not going to debate people on a subject they are ignorant on. People want something for nothing, plain and simple. Just like people who go eat at a classy restaurant and get served a wonderful meal but then complain about it in hopes of getting a partial refund or free dessert. It is disgusting behavior.

My point stands, early access is there for a reason, and if you don't understand that reason then you shouldn't have paid for it. It gives you early access to get a leg up on the average user and also it gives the devs this chance to see what is still broken so they can fix it before the full launch. It is supposed to be a two way street. We get to play early and the price for that privilege is helping the devs identify the *** in the armor. Beta does not fix everything people, and that is the real reason early access exists.

You paid for the game and 30 days of subscription time and you got 5 extra days thrown in for free by being one of the first people to do that. They gave you the 5 days so you could help fix these bugs by identifying them. If you weren't willing to do that then you should have waited until launch. I have been playing almost non-stop and was actually grateful for the downtime so I could get some sleep. The downtime has been negligible. I know because I have been on way more than I should have been, I had to force myself back to reality lol.

Options
  • Locnar
    Locnar
    Soul Shriven
    Locnar wrote: »
    Since my pre order said 5 days early access can I get a refund because basically it's turning out to be 2.5 days early access. I'd also like to see pre order early access changed to pre order extended beta time.

lol

Best message ever.

Options
  • gldnsabre_ESO
    No I paid for 5 days of early access that was the main selling point not the vanity pets, not the imperial stuff, not the horse, and not the loot maps. I bought early access because they said I could play 5 days early.

Quote From Pre-Purchase Page.
    "Order the Digital Imperial Edition today and be the first to play with five days of early game access and receive an exclusive collection of digital content."

It says nothing about 5 days of beta testing because if it did I would not have purchased.

So your statement is moot.
    Options
  • TheMoDiiFii3r
    most people here thought they're saying meaningful stuff but its all nonsense... I just want my items back... idc about your unfinished game, idc about down times, I just want my items back.
    Options
  • jbird79
    jbird79
    most people here thought they're saying meaningful stuff but its all nonsense... I just want my items back... idc about your unfinished game, idc about down times, I just want my items back.

Now THAT was meaningless nonsense...
    Options
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Order the Digital Imperial Edition today and be the first to play with five days of early game access
    Nowhere is it stated that you are able to play for those full 5 days.
    While we are on it. I wasnt the first to play, i want a refund. Someone logged in before me, thats not what i paid for!
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
    Options