The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Skills??

nalline96
nalline96
✭✭

9ni6kas71l3s.jpg

does anyone know why there are 3 dots next to a skill? I cannot select them to add to my skills. Does anyone have any idea? I have searched the internet, but I cannot find anything. Please Help.
"A realm needs a strong backbone! Well, unless the support really IS a backbone...ever been to Malacath's realm? Nasty stuff."
―Sheogorath[src]
If the tank dies, it is the healer’s fault.

If the healer dies, it is the tank’s fault.

If the DPS dies, it is their own fault.

— Unknown
"Let Me Guess, Someone Stole Your Sweetroll?"
--Skyrim Guard
"Those Warriors From Hammerfell? They've Got Curved Swords. Curved. Swords."
--Skyrim Guard
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These skills are at Morph Stage. Where you usually, but not always, pick either the magic or stamina version to suit your build.

Now, if your still leveling, you may want to invest in new skills to level to morph stage than morph them. Reason, when reach CP160 you decide on a build direction to either Stamina or Magic. This usually goes with a attribute respec too.

Not saying you should not.morph any skills, your just better off having more leveled skills later on. Of course if you already know your end game build then you can morph accordingly.

Note it is also better to invest in passives as those grow your power and do the Morphs.later on in the leveling process.
    Edited by Nestor on June 20, 2018 7:55PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• nalline96
    nalline96
    ✭✭
    there is no option to morph....i thought this too
    "A realm needs a strong backbone! Well, unless the support really IS a backbone...ever been to Malacath's realm? Nasty stuff."
    ―Sheogorath[src]

— Unknown
    --Skyrim Guard
    --Skyrim Guard
  • Saladin
    Saladin
    ✭✭✭
    It means you can "evolve", or morph, that skill. You usually get some added bonus to the skill while spending another skill point on it. If you don't have any skill points available, then you won't be able to morph it.
  • nalline96
    nalline96
    ✭✭
    how do you do that? I don't see the option to do that; even when i have skill points..
    ―Sheogorath[src]

— Unknown
    --Skyrim Guard
    --Skyrim Guard
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and its weird that you see the morph icon not having any skill points to invest

No SPs is why you cant invest in the Morph
    Edited by Nestor on June 20, 2018 7:57PM

• nalline96
    nalline96
    ✭✭
    when i do have skill points it does not give me the option to morph. I was just wondering what it was. maybe i need to submit a ticket?
    ―Sheogorath[src]

— Unknown
    --Skyrim Guard
    --Skyrim Guard
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you click on the skill or the morph icon?

• nalline96
    nalline96
    ✭✭
    yes, i click on the skill and it does not give me the option to morph at all.
    ―Sheogorath[src]

— Unknown
    --Skyrim Guard
    --Skyrim Guard
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got this one.

That's because Skills adviser has recommended the other morph for the build you currently have selected in S.A.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a.skill.point to spend? As right now you should not be able.to.morph with no skill.points to spend.

I have sent a report to the devs to have them look at this thread as it is all kinds of weird. In the game, do a bug report on this under game systems and then post the report number here

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor, it means Skills Advisor is basically recommending a re-morph for the chosen role (Stoneskin Dragon, in this case).

It's not broken, it's just really unintuitive.

And OP, just because S.A. recommends a morph, doesn't mean the current one isn't good if it does what you need it to.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Merlin13KAGL

Thanks for that. I had turned the advisor off a long time ago so its pecularities are not familiar.

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No problem. I've never gotten around to turning it off (perhaps out of morbid curiosity). I just ignore it by default instead.

(Pretty sure all of my characters are still under Insert Class Here Initiate.)

;)
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on June 20, 2018 8:47PM

Earn it.

• nalline96
    nalline96
    ✭✭
    The ticket number is: 180620-003557
    ―Sheogorath[src]

— Unknown
    --Skyrim Guard
    --Skyrim Guard