The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Playstation 5 and ESO?

• Scorpiodisc
    Scorpiodisc
    ✭✭✭
    Total clickbait thread with no viable sources to back up the clickbait title...smh
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can almost 100% assuredly expect to be able to play every current gen game, ESO included, on any next generation console.

Both Sony and Microsoft have stated many times that they totally undervalued how much people love their old games and would not make that mistake again.

Well its more than just that, traditonal console generations as we have known are technically not going to be a thing in how they used to be. One of the biggest changes was the hardware and architecture changes inside the machines which moving forward now, makes porting and backwards compatibility a non factor from a techncial standpoint as future consoles will simply be juiced up versions of the priors. They are effectively pcs. Marketing games on said consoles will still be a thing of course, but next gen consoles are likely moreso going to simply be platforms that upgrade over time where some games are only compatible with console C and onwards and other games are compatble with consoles A and B as well.

Ps4 and x1 were essentially restarts to the foundation which allows devs to easily develop games under a universal format without the reliance on unique SDKs to learn and work around. Essentially meaning dev stuidos really only need to know the specs of a planned upgraded console before developing a compatible game.

People greatly over estimate the monetary value in backwards compatibility vs digitally re releasing games on newer platforms. The margins arent that huge and arent really an influencing factor in whether or not to support backwards compatibility. It was almost always about the tehcnical hurdles of reverse engineering (no longer a factor going forward) and the cost of that time being worth it.
    Edited by exeeter702 on June 20, 2018 8:08PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can almost 100% assuredly expect to be able to play every current gen game, ESO included, on any next generation console.

Both Sony and Microsoft have stated many times that they totally undervalued how much people love their old games and would not make that mistake again.
    This, now add that both PS4 and One is based on an x86 cpu from AMD, its an pc processor and share the pc backward and forward comparability. This is why you have the PS4 pro and One X who is an stronger version of the console.
    AMD has has had great success with its treadriper cpu, assume they will use this or an newer design.
    Its an bit harder on console as you tend to code more directly to hardware but AMD will be very helpful here.

The only real significance of the PS5 name is that unlike Pro games does not have to be able to run on PS4 if to demanding.
    Note that if your game is less demanding you would make it run both on PS4 and PS5 and this will increase sales in the beginning.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The console port is basically a more awful buggy version of the game.

You really want them to port it again and likely make it even more awful/buggy in the process?
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if I told you neither are making new consoles that will require devs to redo their games. It’ll just be like the PS4 to os4 pro and Xbox one to Xbox one x

Just saying....if the 2020 rumors come true neither are going to start over.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And yet..... they will..... so you will buy them..... again lol
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Knowledge wrote: »
    The rumor mill surrounding Playstation 5 has begun. Apparently, the design is completed and ready for production. So, what will happen to ESO on Playstation 5? Will it be available on PS5? Will you need to use a PS4 to play it? Maybe TES VI will be an MMO?

Why do people keep saying this? TES VI will not be an MMO. Just like the past core games, it will remain single player.

Agreed. What makes it particularly bizarre is someone posted it in the forum for the TES MMO that already exists! SMH

Of course they will make a PS5 client if the PS5 comes out while ESO is still going strong. With no timeline on next gen hardware, silly to talk about.
  • ayu_fever
    ayu_fever
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as long as the ps5 is backwards compatible with ps4 games, my shiny new ps5 will be a dedicated $600 ESO player because i can
    PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
    Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
    —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
    Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
    Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
    Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
    Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
    Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
    Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
    Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
    Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
    Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
    Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
    Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know about Xbox One X Enhanced?

Same thing. Playstation 5 Enhanced.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    jaekobcaed wrote: »
    Grunge wrote: »
    TES6 will not be a mmo, not even will have any multiplayer option.
    I really hope ESO will be available on ps5, but with remastered graphics. Other way I think it will not be viable.

It won't be an MMO but we don't know for sure if it won't have some type of co-op, Bethesda is definitely going in that direction with Fallout 76, Prey etc.

They already stated that Starfield and TES6 will be their traditional single-player formula. It's more than unlikely that they'd have ESO commit suicide by adding a multiplayer option into TES6.

Starfield, sure. I remember hearing that too.

But not for TES6, they're not even developing it yet (pre-production?) so they themselves don't even know all the systems that will be in the game.

Also, if we're to look at their other games, they are definitely developing multiplayer technologies even for games that were exclusively single player until now (ex; Prey).

None of this actually means anything right now, but I am willing to give a co-op option at least 50-50 chance of happening if it proves successful in their other games.

Edit; Even if TES6 had co-op, I don't see how that would 'kill' ESO, that's very different from an MMO game. It won't kill ESO even if it doesn't, completely different games.

Prey isn't developed by BGS. The only game with any form of multiplayer that BGS has developed is 76. Could TES6 have co-op? Potentially, but I strongly doubt it. Todd has said in various interviews that Starfield AND TES6 will be the game style people expect from them: single-player, open-world RPGs.

TES6 having co-op may not necessarily kill ESO but it'd hurt it significantly. A lot of ESO players play it because they really just want a co-op TES experience and figure this is as close as they're going to get. That's a significant part of why this game is so successful: people want more TES and they want TES with co-op, two things they get in this game. I'm fairly certain that the only reason they're giving us 76 as a multiplayer game is because they needed a project to fill in the gap between F4 and Starfield, and figured that they already had most of the assets and tech available from Fallout 4 (including the core of the multiplayer feature), thus they didn't have to develop quite as much this time around. I think they merely saw an opportunity and took it. Besides, it'll only result in even more funding for their future games anyways.
    Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
    [PC/NA]
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    The rumor mill surrounding Playstation 5 has begun. Apparently, the design is completed and ready for production. So, what will happen to ESO on Playstation 5? Will it be available on PS5? Will you need to use a PS4 to play it? Maybe TES VI will be an MMO?

the ps5 isnt coming out for a very long time thats all fake news. they dont have the hardware available for another generation yet that would be any better than the current gen.

While true ... PS5 new Xbox and even Google are planning on putting out the next gen consoles that will actually only be access ports to an online streaming project
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope ESO will be available on ps5, but with remastered graphics. Other way I think it will not be viable.

It won't be an MMO but we don't know for sure if it won't have some type of co-op, Bethesda is definitely going in that direction with Fallout 76, Prey etc.

They already stated that Starfield and TES6 will be their traditional single-player formula. It's more than unlikely that they'd have ESO commit suicide by adding a multiplayer option into TES6.

But not for TES6, they're not even developing it yet (pre-production?) so they themselves don't even know all the systems that will be in the game.

Also, if we're to look at their other games, they are definitely developing multiplayer technologies even for games that were exclusively single player until now (ex; Prey).

None of this actually means anything right now, but I am willing to give a co-op option at least 50-50 chance of happening if it proves successful in their other games.

Edit; Even if TES6 had co-op, I don't see how that would 'kill' ESO, that's very different from an MMO game. It won't kill ESO even if it doesn't, completely different games.

Prey isn't developed by BGS. The only game with any form of multiplayer that BGS has developed is 76. Could TES6 have co-op? Potentially, but I strongly doubt it. Todd has said in various interviews that Starfield AND TES6 will be the game style people expect from them: single-player, open-world RPGs.

TES6 having co-op may not necessarily kill ESO but it'd hurt it significantly. A lot of ESO players play it because they really just want a co-op TES experience and figure this is as close as they're going to get. That's a significant part of why this game is so successful: people want more TES and they want TES with co-op, two things they get in this game. I'm fairly certain that the only reason they're giving us 76 as a multiplayer game is because they needed a project to fill in the gap between F4 and Starfield, and figured that they already had most of the assets and tech available from Fallout 4 (including the core of the multiplayer feature), thus they didn't have to develop quite as much this time around. I think they merely saw an opportunity and took it. Besides, it'll only result in even more funding for their future games anyways.

I'm sure TES6 will be an awesome game with or without co-op, no one will care at that point. As for ESO's population, either way we're bound to see some drops when it comes out.
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure TES6 will be an awesome game with or without co-op, no one will care at that point. As for ESO's population, either way we're bound to see some drops when it comes out.

I agree, BGS has never let me down before. And yeah, we'll see some drops temporarily, and maybe a few permanent drops by players who only play to get more TES until TES6, but I think ESO will still succeed no problem so long as TES6 remains solely single-player.
    Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
    [PC/NA]
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to prepare for PS5 release now. Switch to PC! No, seriously. Are you really going to pay for an inevitable lag fest again? The new console will probably cost 600+ €, a price of a decent PC. Invest some more and you are save for years.

Just do it. Two friends switched in february this year. They are now max CP with 2 chars, vMA weapons and feel like they started a new life.
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭

I hope it will get downgrated graphics so it does run with 30 fps at least lol
  • lionofjudah7
    lionofjudah7
    ✭✭✭

No one confirmed that. We didn't know Fallout 76 was going to be multiplayer and we just found out. You have no proof that it isn't an MMO or multiplayer.

For a guy named knowledge u sure cant take a hint .even when todd howard gives it to u himself at e3
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't agree. Yes, people love their old games. So, they would surely buy any kind of remastered versions for the next console. ;)
    PS5|EU
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dcuo started on ps3 then when ps4 came along it moved to ps4 then eventually made dcuo only playable on ps4 i am certain eso will probably do the same when ps5 comes out that is if eso is even around at all then for any platform
    Edited by Jake1576 on June 23, 2018 5:02AM
  • Xx_Santolaya_xX
    It is still too early to know. but I hope that in ps5 we can continue playing at TESO.
    I have spent a lot of money and it would take me a great disgust if I lost everything.
    please, we want to keep playing with our account and all our purchases hahaha
    Nord. Dragonknight. Tank. Spartan Woeler
    Breton. Sorcerer. DPS Magicka. Mystic Alcast
    High Elf. Templar. Healer. Reliever Alcast
    Nord. Warden. Tank. Guardian Woeler
    High Elf. Dragonknight. DPS Magicka. Valakas Alcast
    Breton. Warden. DPS Magicka. Ice & Fire Alcast
    Redguard. Nightblade. DPS Stamina. Rampage Alcast
    Dark Elf. Necromancer. DPS Stamina. Reaper Alcast
    Imperial. Templar. Tank. Paladin Alcast
    Breton. Necromancer. Healer. Scourge Alcast
    Redguard. Nightblade. DPS Stamina. Claws Alcast
    Breton. Warden. Healer. Blossom Alcast
    Dark Elf. Necromancer. DPS Magicka. Curse Alcast
    ALL CP 930
    PS5 Server EU. ID Playstation. Asatork
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current PS4 and HDR is awesome enough for ESO. I'm sure the next gen PS will be around $500-$600. No way I'm spending that much even if ESO is migrated into it. Only way I'll get the next PS if this current PS4 breaks, or the likes of The Witcher 4, Dragon Age 4, the next Deus Ex and Kingdom of Amular 2 (among other games I'm waiting for) come out only for the next PS. Besides, I doubt the next PS system will fix any of the lags, bugs, glitches and crashes currently plaguing ESO. However, to each their own; your money. Enjoy it when you all get it.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on, guys. It's 2019, leave these threads to decompose in peace. @Knowledge hasn't been around here since that horrific incident with the demonic goat, and all those Skittles.
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the XBox and PS3 came along they were a revolution, especially the PS3 with its cell architecture.

Now with the current gen stuff the OS side is an evolution, the hardware will get (a bit) better but it will still be the same PC innards we already know. The companies want to maximise their investments in their OS's so they'll build on them now as the road-plan is pretty damned obvious, PC hardware, Vendor OS for differentiation. If One were to go back and create a new OS from scratch it would put them way behind and they can't afford it.

and as @THEDKEXPERIENCE said they've realised what the backlash would be if they try and make us purchase our game catalogues again.

What you will see is new games incorporating features that only work on the latest gen, whatever that is and even then some games won't do that, their developers will want as wide a market as possible.

Moving to new consoles will be more of a thing for when the old one dies or if a developer manages to create a killer game that becomes a must have.
    EU PS4
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does nobody read the dates on these threads?
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i went looking for a ps3 game i love and they (playstation) wanted to charge 30 dollars! ahahahaahaha

terrible.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ps5 my @$$. Mobile version first. That's the best place for crown store. TESO immortal!
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No one confirmed that. We didn't know Fallout 76 was going to be multiplayer and we just found out. You have no proof that it isn't an MMO or multiplayer.

Yeah. Just because Pete Hines officially said it means there is no "proof". But only if you're Knowledge, apparently.

https://www.vgr.com/pete-hines-elder-scrolls-single-player/

https://www.inverse.com/article/46404-elder-scrolls-6-will-be-single-player-game

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/features/bethesdas-pete-hines-fallout-76-next-gen-elder-scrolls-6/