The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP chat (zone) codes?

brada
brada
I was wondering if someone can explain me, what is it with those chat codes during pvp (i.e. zone: 111)? What does it mean and if you can, how to use it?
I assume it's some kind of link/coordinates but I don't get it.
Cheers
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha, no, it's usually people that hit the UI key (i believe it's '.' by default) or chat key '/' on accident while still running and playing.

That redirects their keyboard input to the chat window. Looks like someone tried desperately to use their 1st slotted ability '111111111' ...
    :D
    Edited by SirAndy on April 2, 2014 9:49PM
  • cappaspada
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Haha, no, it's usually people that hit the UI key (i believe it's '.' by default) or chat key '/' on accident while still running and playing.

That redirects their keyboard input to the chat window. Looks like someone tried desperately to use their 1st slotted ability '111111111' ...
    :D

Nope you are wrong. Those code are to get invite in a grp for a specific Keep .
    So usually the grp leader will say , "type 111 in chat for XXXX Keep grp" and so on
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cappaspada wrote: »
    So usually the grp leader will say , "type 111 in chat for XXXX Keep grp" and so on
    @cappaspada That seems a bit silly, really ...

Anyways, contrary to your "you're wrong" i have seen a lot of accidental zone chat keystrokes and they looked just like that ...
    ;-)
    Edited by SirAndy on April 2, 2014 11:57PM
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    cappaspada wrote: »
    @cappaspada That seems a bit silly, really ...

Anyways, contrary to your "you're wrong" i have seen a lot of accidental zone chat keystrokes and they looked just like that ...
    ;-)

Well, you're actually wrong this time Sir Andy:P.

The "type *x* for invite to *y*" is used all the time, by pretty much all pvp groups I've seen so far. It's a good way to sort out who wants to go where imo. Though an incorporated group system would be good.

Maybe something along the lines of a group finder, where the leader can make an open invite or whatever, with a small description of where they're going/deffing etc. and people could jump in and out more efficiently between objectives.
    Edited by Daviiid_ESO on April 3, 2014 12:38AM
  • brada
    brada
    I see...
    well I guess this is the best solution for now since there are no dedicated in game system for this. It's not very effective and like Andy sad, there has to be some panic mistypes sometimes but It will have to do for now.
    Thanks for reply ;)