Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[DISCONTINUED] Discord Bot with ESO information

• chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    @keto3000 I am sorry, I have not seen that one before. Are you logged into your account also in the webinterface, not only the client? This however seems to be a problem with the server, not the bot. Perhaps there is a setting that forbids bots in general?
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
    White Fox Vixen - EP - mTemplar
    This Fox is a Cat - EP - sSorc
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    chi_ras wrote: »
    @keto3000 I am sorry, I have not seen that one before. Are you logged into your account also in the webinterface, not only the client? This however seems to be a problem with the server, not the bot. Perhaps there is a setting that forbids bots in general?

Hi @chi_ras Thx for quick reply. I log into the client as I normally do, then I open the Foxbot invite link, which opens in my browser. My server permissions are all set to allow bots etc. I might try deleting the server and recreating it with fresh permissions etc and try again. I'll update here when I get it. :)
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »

Hi @chi_ras Thx for quick reply. I log into the client as I normally do, then I open the Foxbot invite link, which opens in my browser. My server permissions are all set to allow bots etc. I might try deleting the server and recreating it with fresh permissions etc and try again. I'll update here when I get it. :)

when you switch from client to browser, are you then automatically also logged in the browser? it may be that you have to do that, but I don't know. You can invite me to a test server if you want to, then I can look myself.

Cheers
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    when you switch from client to browser, are you then automatically also logged in the browser? it may be that you have to do that, but I don't know. You can invite me to a test server if you want to, then I can look myself.

Cheers[/quote]

Thank you, @chi_ras for the coaching. I always use Safari on my iMac. I downloaded and tried it with Chrome and... successfully added foxbot to my server. Must have been a setting in my Safari browser prefs or firewall. Great product!!
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    Ok little update from my side:

1) Sorry for the non-updated databases in the last weeks, I had a serious workpile for my job, so was not able to look at an error in the code for auto-updates until now. Good news is, the dbs have been updated, and prices/set info should be up to date.

2) I will be away for quite a long time now, work related trip plus some holidays, so I hope the server will run smoothly to have the bot without major downtimes. I should be able to check every couple of days, so it might take a bit if it crashes. Sets should be updated automatically for the new patch.

3) The Fox Bot will go to community development: Once I am back, I will semi-open-source the code, so everybody will be able to ...
    - host/modify an own foxbot
    - provide new code for modules and commands to the community (i have a standardized I/O integrated, so modules can be integrated easily)
    - provide other help.
    If you are interested to contribute, let me know until end of november, and I will try to set up a team.

Not only software devs are welcome, but we can also think about other things like multi-language translations, lore-keepers, artists... whatever. If you like to be part of the community, write me a PM here with what you think you might be able to contribute or if you just want the code for your own bot. (Note: I will not be able to reply before December, but your PM will be noted.)

4) We hit > 700 servers running the bot!
    Edited by chi_ras on October 4, 2017 4:16PM
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding!!!

Our Guild loves this!!

You need a way for us to donate to the cause!!
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Kreateer
    Kreateer
    Amazing bot! :smiley: I am using it for my guild as well!

I have been wondering where and how can I get access to the bot code? I really wish to personalize the bot for my guild a bit! :blush:

Thank you for making such an amazing bot! ^^ @chi_ras
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    Kreateer wrote: »
    Amazing bot! :smiley: I am using it for my guild as well!

I have been wondering where and how can I get access to the bot code? I really wish to personalize the bot for my guild a bit! :blush:

Thank you for making such an amazing bot! ^^ @chi_ras

Create an account on github, and pm me your github account here. i will send you an invite to the code, it Will take a while however, i am away until december, after that we can get that started. See my post above.

Cheers
    Edited by chi_ras on October 9, 2017 12:19PM
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fox-Bot seems to be offline on our server :/
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Vovik
    Vovik
    ✭✭✭

It's not your server its the bot itself. Should be back up soon tho.
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭

Fixed
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #############################################
    UPDATED LIST OF COMMANDS (V2)
    Full documentation: http://foxbot.biotopia.info

Statistics: 200+ Servers already use the bot! Awesome!

Tipp: All commands now have a "-help" option

Regular Events
    !pledges -> Today's Undaunted pledges
    !trials -> This weeks's special trials

Weekend Vendors
    !golden -> Cyrodiil's Golden Vendor Items
    !luxury -> Luxury Housing Vendor Items

Game Information
    !set -> Set item information (e.g. !set skel)
    !price -> TTC guild vendor listing prices
    !lb -> Leaderboard scores (e.g. !lb $account, EU, HRC)

Group Tools
    !poll / !vote -> Start a poll, vote and end it

Official Information
    !status -> ESO server status
    !patch -> Latest ESO patch notes (and PTS with option)

Media
    !youtube -> Hot and new ESO videos
    !twitch -> Current top 5 ESO streams

Bot
    !config -> Options to adapt the bot to your needs
    !contact -> Contact information for the Bot author
    !help -> This help page
    #############################################

Cheers ESO community,

few months ago I created a Discord bot for my guild (Exterminatus, EU-PC) to get easy and quick access to some ESO related information. The list of commands grew over the time and is now a nice setup for ESO related information. So, I want to share this bot with you now, so that not only my guilds can benefit, but every ESO guild that uses Discord for guild/group communication.

Invite link: https://discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=251443671541481472&scope=bot
    The Bot needs only read and write permissions and embed links (!) in the channels where you want it to be allowed. You can thus make it work only in dedicated channels by disabling "read" permissions in all other channels.

If you want to check it out first before allowing it to go to your server, use this instant invite link to my test server: https://discord.gg/xY4jwrQ or contact me directly in Discord ID: Fox#6800
    I will kick you after a few days from that server, since it is just a sandbox where bot commands are spammed.

Current implemented commands are:

!help -> displays all commands

!pledges -> Today's Undaunted Pledges
    !trial -> this week's specially rewarded trial

!golden -> Cyrodiil's Golden Vendor Items (weekend)
    !luxury -> Luxury Housing Vendor Items (weekend)

!status -> ESO server status
    !patch -> Latest ESO patch notes
    !patchpts -> PTS (Morrowind) patch notes
    !set SETNAME -> Set item information (e.g. !set skel)

!youtube -> Hot and new ESO videos
    !twitch -> Current top 5 ESO streams

!contact -> Contact information for the Bot author

Here the exemplary output of the !golden command

3L0YsNO.png

Disclaimer: This bot may be down some times, since I have to take the server where it resides on down/restart from time to time. So don't expect 100% uptime. If you see that it is longer than 5 hours down, drop me a message in discord directly, bots are known to have disconnection issues sometimes in Discord.

Credit: I crawl most of this data from other websites, and I contacted the authors of these sites to reuse the data. So the credit goes mostly to these guys! Here the sources:
    Golden/Luxury info: http://www.benevolentbowd.ca
    Pledges/Trial/Leaderboard info: http://www.esoleaderboards.com
    Maintainance/Patchnotes: http://www.forums.elderscrollsonline.com
    The rest is taken using the official APIs available for the corresponding information or my own data collections.

I am always open for ideas and suggestions for new commands, best directly through Discord Fox#6800 or ingame @chi-ras
    I hope it will be useful to you guys and girls as well.

The FoX

UPDATE: Embed links permissions are required to work well with the new design!

Need the leaderboard command to work on console too. other than thta greta app!
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    mcb123 wrote: »

This is unfortunately not possible. The scores are catched by esoleaderboards.com ( @Woeler ) with a Client software, which is not applicable on consoles. The bot just reflects the data there. Sorry! If you have any other idea to do such data acquisition on consoles, I am sure woeler would be happy to hear about it.
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mcb123 wrote: »

This is unfortunately not possible. The scores are catched by esoleaderboards.com ( @Woeler ) with a Client software, which is not applicable on consoles. The bot just reflects the data there. Sorry! If you have any other idea to do such data acquisition on consoles, I am sure woeler would be happy to hear about it.

Unless done by hand, it is 100% impossible. So that is not going to happen.
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    The Fox-Bot source code has been released: https://github.com/chiras/foxbot Feel free to make your own bot or to engage into development of the main FoX-Bot. And join https://discord.gg/VNrzzvg for developer discussions.
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • Flammadea
    Flammadea
    Soul Shriven
    The pledges announcement of the bot has a typo in "Fang Lair" (Liar) cause it's linked to a wrong UESP wiki page.
    Is there a way to correct it?
  • MrsPink
    MrsPink
    ✭✭✭
    It looked like it had the some "stuttering" last night? We got about 50 post about the luxury vendor just spammed in one go on our server. And the golden never got posted.
    Edited by MrsPink on February 24, 2018 9:04AM
    GM of Dark Royalty
    PS4 EU
    Karma's just sharpening her nails and finishing her drink. She says she'll be with you shortly.
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    @MrsPink Yeah, I am sorry about that. I actually have no clue what exactly happened there, since the code of this section was not changed, and it never happend before in over a year. I will disable this autoannouncement for the next weekend to see whether this happens again. I will post the vendor items then manually, so you will receive it under the sub 3 option.

Sorry again and working on it!

@Flammadea thx, gonna be fixed
    Edited by chi_ras on February 24, 2018 12:53PM
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • malcolmhagger
    malcolmhagger
    ✭✭✭
    @MrsPink Yeah, I am sorry about that. I actually have no clue what exactly happened there, since the code of this section was not changed, and it never happend before in over a year. I will disable this autoannouncement for the next weekend to see whether this happens again. I will post the vendor items then manually, so you will receive it under the sub 3 option.

Sorry again and working on it!

@Flammadea thx, gonna be fixed

ur a hero
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    The FoxBot is down due to connection errors to the Discord server. I am not sure what the problem is, including whether this is on their or my side. I will retry connecting, but to look deeper into it I need a bit more time. If the issue does not resolve itself on its own, the bot will be down probably for a couple of more hours until I return from work and can fix it.

Sorry!
    Edited by chi_ras on May 30, 2018 5:08AM
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    The main problem was, that we exceeded the current limit of guilds a Discord bot can be part of at the same time. I now implemented a workaround, by "sharding" the bot. So the good news with that is, the bot is now active in more than 2500 guilds!

A problem that still exists now, is that this "sharding" now leads to only half of the guilds receiving announcements now. I am working on it, but it may take time, since this is a rather complex issue. So I am sorry for all of you that are in the unlucky half :(
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • Spiritrush
    Spiritrush
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for working on this and getting it working again quickly. It's a well designed Bot that has helped so many.
    Edited by Spiritrush on May 30, 2018 4:08PM
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to bother you, I know you said it was a complex problem.

Any ETA other than:
    zG9yLD4.jpg
    ?
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    Sorry to bother you, I know you said it was a complex problem.

Any ETA other than:
    zG9yLD4.jpg
    ?

Oh noes, I got Gina'ed, time to quit!

I am sorry, I can not give an ETA. This is a volunteer project, I got overwhelmed with work at my job and my 1 year old boy is not of much help when it comes to sleep. I have not touched any Summerset yet since it dropped, every minute I have left I spend with getting the bot back up. I made the code public and any volunteers with discord.js or general js skills eager to help are encouraged to join the discord server.

As an intermediate fix: you can make subs also in PMs to the Bot! As far as I understood the Discord API, all of the PM connections are in the shard that receive the announcements. Just write the bot "!config -sub 0,1,2" and you at least get a personal message on events.

As another intermediate fix: join https://discord.gg/xY4jwrQ there the announces work

Another temporary fix: get a guildy to type !pledge once a day and !golden/!luxury once a week, and !status when he/she gets a pm from the bot :)

Sorry, I would like to have it solved yesterday rather than today, but it is not that easy for me due to RL responsibilities. I hope to find the time on the weekend but no promises.
    Edited by chi_ras on June 6, 2018 8:21PM
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    I think I have found a way to change the announcement functions, it works pretty stable in my test environment, announcements might be delayed a couple of minutes, because I needed to change the way they get triggered, though all guilds should receive it.

So here comes your ETA:
    - I need to change some more things to make it work on live
    - I have to deploy it to the live bot, with changes on database and its code. This means the bot will go offline some time on the weekend, hopefully only for 20-30 mins. After that they should work again. I will send a first announcement manually to make that public, so if you want to see that !sub -config 2 must be enabled.

-> It should be settled until Sunday eve latest.
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    Announcement system should be back up working now!
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • BukLauOwnage007
    What do the grey hearts pricing for? !pricing necklace of the night mother for example. Thank you!
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    White quality is displayed as black, did you mean that @BukLauOwnage007 ?

urmr7m8lj6mg.png

Consider it is just list prices, not sold, so probably someone has put traitless ones for a hefty price on NA
    Edited by chi_ras on June 20, 2018 5:50PM
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now for our guild, Fox-Bot is showing offline permanently. Is this an issue on our end?
  • Sisqi76
    Sisqi76
    Soul Shriven
    Rittings wrote: »
    Right now for our guild, Fox-Bot is showing offline permanently. Is this an issue on our end?

I got the same problem on my guild's Discord. Fox bot seems to not have been working for the last 9 hours.
    Guildmistress of House Rathion on PC/NA server.