The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

More Than Fair -Thank you and Goodnight

• Villainelle
    Villainelle
    ✭✭
    I'd like an invite. Cheers. @Villainelle
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More Than Fair seems to has disappeared without a trace. :(
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • spinality
    spinality
    ✭✭
    Yup, gone gone gone. I was dropped and I had pretty good sales and am on regularly so I don't think I was singled out. There were some guildmaster issues as I recall. Oh well.
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what happened to all the gold & gear that was donated?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • mrichardson2
    mrichardson2
    Soul Shriven
    Yup, closed up shop I guess. I always had pretty decent sales with this guild but after Ashlee left it was done for. Several guildmasters came and went and looks like it's gone now. Too bad. It was a nice guild.
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OldManJim wrote: »

I believe the most recent Guildmaster cannibalized the entire lot and absconded with the proceeds; to quote a Wraith in Stargate:Atlantis, "Where there is mindless prey, predators are sure to follow." Nobody wanted (whether for time or hassle, both perfectly reasonable, it must be a nightmare to administrate a Guild) the responsibility of leading a struggling guild, desperate to maintain an unsustainable trader. With no announcement, and no attempt to divvy up the holdings, one can only assume the thievery was on purpose. The lure of a Manor must have proved too tempting for any decent moral code.

Ashlee was a magnificent Guildmaster, I agree. And More Than Fair will be missed.
    Edited by Morimizo on January 14, 2017 6:52PM
  • Goldenaged
    Goldenaged
    Soul Shriven
    I would like to join. Same name on game. Have not played long yet.
  • Zawlee
    Zawlee
    Morimizo wrote: »

I believe the most recent Guildmaster cannibalized the entire lot and absconded with the proceeds; to quote a Wraith in Stargate:Atlantis, "Where there is mindless prey, predators are sure to follow." Nobody wanted (whether for time or hassle, both perfectly reasonable, it must be a nightmare to administrate a Guild) the responsibility of leading a struggling guild, desperate to maintain an unsustainable trader. With no announcement, and no attempt to divvy up the holdings, one can only assume the thievery was on purpose. The lure of a Manor must have proved too tempting for any decent moral code.

Ashlee was a magnificent Guildmaster, I agree. And More Than Fair will be missed.

Glad you believed it because it is not a fact.
    All donations that were processed recently had been returned.
    All items that was stored in guild bank was cleared by a greedy "just joined" member.
    And the gold that was kept in the bank, will be kept by ashlee herself. the guild is now left to ashlee's account, nobody else in there.
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zawlee wrote: »
    Morimizo wrote: »

Glad you believed it because it is not a fact.
    All donations that were processed recently had been returned.
    All items that was stored in guild bank was cleared by a greedy "just joined" member.
    And the gold that was kept in the bank, will be kept by ashlee herself. the guild is now left to ashlee's account, nobody else in there.

That's great. thanks for clearing it up (if what you say is true); would have been nice to send some sort of communication to all the members, though, so they could know what had happened, and speculation could be nil. As a silver member (relatively recently), didn't receive anything back (though that's okay, I was happy to support the guild at the time and am perfectly fine with Ashlee having whatever is left over from the guild bank).
  • Leeric
    Leeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I was a mod myself, logged on today to see the guild had disappeared.

I could have helped run it if I needed to
  • Vallaris
    Vallaris
    Soul Shriven
    Okay.

More Than Fair was once a home guild, originally formed when Ashlee and a few others, myself included, left Wyvern's Pact due to 'differences' with their guild leader (i.e. he kicked Ashlee for daring to say 'if your not going to be on, maybe you should pass leadership to someone else?) Alas, he did not.

Slowly and surely, MTF became a trading guild, less interaction occured in guild chat, most often just price checks etc. Ashlee was basically burnt out...running the guild can be a thankless task and very very time consuming. Once she started working two jobs, she did not have the time to be effective as a team leader.

She passed the reins to her friend (IRL) and this was only ever supposed to be temporary. Leadership was then passed to Argleblaster, who had some in game issues that meant he was unable to continue in this role and so he passed the guild back. The guild was then taken up by Mun_Shadai.

Mun then tried to ascertain how much support the guild had. In the first week, donations amounted to around 150k, which was not enough to maintain an out of the way trader that had once been held for weeks on end for a mere 10k. The traders in Mournhold are currently going for around FIVE to SIX million gold per week! (A lot of our gold reserves were burnt through trying to maintain that trader!) It became obvious that the guild would no longer be in residence there (trader prices skyrocketed after the merger of the japanese servers...hardly their fault but suddenly we had 'x' number of additional guilds and no additional vendors.).

Before anyone says too much, having been responsible for fund raising for the guild I will say that the most I ever made for a weeks raffle was 1.5 million gold, from around 125 members. Generally, although 400+ members utilized the Mournhold trader, only around 60 to 80 members (always the same ones) ever supported the guild via ticket sales and donations, which meant we were saddled with a lot of FREELOADERS. We had decided early on that MTF would never impose weekly dues etc, which made life for us difficult, but there you go...

...anyway, during this time we were trying to recruit new leadership. Both Mun and I run other guilds and were in no position to take it on. We had only one offer which would have been the end of More Than Fair anyway because it was advised that they wanted to change the name of the guild. We decided that we would not be turning over the guild or the remaining gold under those circumstances and that it would be best to close the guild now rather than let it die a slow, agonising death.

We went back over the last couple of weeks worth of donations made by about 44 members. These were all returned with the exception of around three whose inboxes were full. After contact, one of those was also refunded and I am currently holding around 250k for the largest donor (please contact @Vallaris in game).

The remaining gold goes to Ashlee, who for almost two years tirelessly ran the guild, its auctions, raffles etc and all without much thanks. Ashlee speant untold millions of her own gold securing the Mournhold trader on behalf of a guild, that in the long run, largely did not support it. Fine...they liked having a Mournhold trader, but a lot did absolutely nothing for the guild in return.

That being said, there were a core number of supporters who will here and now be thanked for their efforts, who always stepped up when support was needed, and who will, without a doubt, end up in other guilds who will be lucky to have them.

Yours

Vallaris Hawkwing
    @Vallaris
  • Zawlee
    Zawlee
    @Vallaris

Hope to see you again somewhere someday!
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vallaris wrote: »
    Okay.

More Than Fair was once a home guild, originally formed when Ashlee and a few others, myself included, left Wyvern's Pact due to 'differences' with their guild leader (i.e. he kicked Ashlee for daring to say 'if your not going to be on, maybe you should pass leadership to someone else?) Alas, he did not.

Slowly and surely, MTF became a trading guild, less interaction occured in guild chat, most often just price checks etc. Ashlee was basically burnt out...running the guild can be a thankless task and very very time consuming. Once she started working two jobs, she did not have the time to be effective as a team leader.

She passed the reins to her friend (IRL) and this was only ever supposed to be temporary. Leadership was then passed to Argleblaster, who had some in game issues that meant he was unable to continue in this role and so he passed the guild back. The guild was then taken up by Mun_Shadai.

Mun then tried to ascertain how much support the guild had. In the first week, donations amounted to around 150k, which was not enough to maintain an out of the way trader that had once been held for weeks on end for a mere 10k. The traders in Mournhold are currently going for around FIVE to SIX million gold per week! (A lot of our gold reserves were burnt through trying to maintain that trader!) It became obvious that the guild would no longer be in residence there (trader prices skyrocketed after the merger of the japanese servers...hardly their fault but suddenly we had 'x' number of additional guilds and no additional vendors.).

Before anyone says too much, having been responsible for fund raising for the guild I will say that the most I ever made for a weeks raffle was 1.5 million gold, from around 125 members. Generally, although 400+ members utilized the Mournhold trader, only around 60 to 80 members (always the same ones) ever supported the guild via ticket sales and donations, which meant we were saddled with a lot of FREELOADERS. We had decided early on that MTF would never impose weekly dues etc, which made life for us difficult, but there you go...

...anyway, during this time we were trying to recruit new leadership. Both Mun and I run other guilds and were in no position to take it on. We had only one offer which would have been the end of More Than Fair anyway because it was advised that they wanted to change the name of the guild. We decided that we would not be turning over the guild or the remaining gold under those circumstances and that it would be best to close the guild now rather than let it die a slow, agonising death.

We went back over the last couple of weeks worth of donations made by about 44 members. These were all returned with the exception of around three whose inboxes were full. After contact, one of those was also refunded and I am currently holding around 250k for the largest donor (please contact @Vallaris in game).

The remaining gold goes to Ashlee, who for almost two years tirelessly ran the guild, its auctions, raffles etc and all without much thanks. Ashlee speant untold millions of her own gold securing the Mournhold trader on behalf of a guild, that in the long run, largely did not support it. Fine...they liked having a Mournhold trader, but a lot did absolutely nothing for the guild in return.

That being said, there were a core number of supporters who will here and now be thanked for their efforts, who always stepped up when support was needed, and who will, without a doubt, end up in other guilds who will be lucky to have them.

Yours

Vallaris Hawkwing
    @Vallaris

Thanks for writing this. The lack of weekly dues or sales requirements definitely did hurt because, like you said, there were too many freeloaders. It is sad to see it go. I was in the guild for a year and a half. It's good to hear that it was closed for a good reason and not something nefarious.
  • theKarnEdge
    theKarnEdge
    Soul Shriven
    I'd love to join! @Karnedge
  • Sortep1977
    Sortep1977
    ✭✭
    Sad to see ya'll go. I was going to ask for an invite. But it would appear that you all faded into the wind. It's sad to see.
    Edited by Sortep1977 on February 2, 2017 4:37PM
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad I found this thread by chance. I loved MTF; I was a regular seller and contributor; didn't sell all that much, mostly between 80 and 120k a week, and tried to keep my weekly raffle donations up, plus often donated an extra few k's to help things running, and also enjoyed guild chat, so I was rather stunned one morning to log on and find MTF completely gone without a trace.

It would have been nice if we had received a note in the mail to at least explain the basic circumstances, but after all the ructions that had been going on and with the guild trader wars that was happening; I did imagine that things must have fallen apart.
    Anyway, what a blast from the past to see the old guildies commenting here. I miss all you guys!
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, btw, I'm Balmoran101 in the game.
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ashlee17 @Mun_Shadai @Vallant

It's been awhile since MTF locked the door and turned off the light but I, for one, just want to thank you for the good times with my MTF friends and acquaintances. You are all missed. Your/our former group (except -- IMO -- the move to a Trading only) the Guild was truly More Than Fair.

May the Blessings of the Nine be with you in your present endeavors and/or adventures in Tamriel.

Warmest regards,
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs