The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ivory, Polished

ABelle99
ABelle99
✭✭
Where does this drop from? I need it for a furniture recipe but haven’t seen it anywhere
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one the other day but TBH I don't remember where it came from. I got it in Summerset as a drop from a random mob. It might have been some kind of sabretooth tiger? I know you can also get them randomly from killing mammoths.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a furniture item (as in placeable in a home). It is found by looting the corpses of animals that have horns. I found mine from a world boss in Summerset.

Is it also a material or is that polished ivory?
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a furniture item (as in placeable in a home). It is found by looting the corpses of animals that have horns. I found mine from a world boss in Summerset.

Is it also a material or is that polished ivory?

It is also a material!! Very confusing. When I found mine I put it in my home as a decoration, thinking that was all it was. Then later a guildmate found a furniture recipe that called for the same item... she was asking where to find the ivory mat and I told her it's a decoration, not a crafting mat. Turns out they are the same thing. Strange...
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • ABelle99
    ABelle99
    ✭✭
    Thanks, I’ve heard that it’s dropped from mammoths but haven’t had any luck myself. Good to know that it does drop in summerset though
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one today from vet Falkreath hold! The house item I mean :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I got one today from vet Falkreath hold! The house item I mean :)

I have seven of them...
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I like that they're a mat and a furnishing at the same time and I wish that more things had a built-in duel purpose like that. It helps with inventory management and keeps them from becoming useless junk.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mammoths do drop the housing item... in the last week I've gotten 30 or 40, in The Rift and in Wrothgar. (What the stupid mammoths absolutely refuse to drop is the 'Huge Mammoth's Tooth' trophy, for the Tamriel Beast Collector achievement... I've killed hundreds of the darned things, to no avail.)
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I like that they're a mat and a furnishing at the same time and I wish that more things had a built-in duel purpose like that. It helps with inventory management and keeps them from becoming useless junk.

I have one. I had it placed in my home (not in my inventory) and when I scrolled over the furnishing recipe that called for it, it was grayed out indicating that I don't have any. That could be pretty confusing, I think.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • ABelle99
    ABelle99
    ✭✭
    When it’s in your inventory is it under furnishings since it’s a furnishing or in your craft bag/ materials since it’s a crafting item?
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got all mine from sabre cats. All 10 of them.
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gh0stEch0 wrote: »
    When it’s in your inventory is it under furnishings since it’s a furnishing or in your craft bag/ materials since it’s a crafting item?

Under Furnishings:

8exwzltfe5g6.png
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got them from some wild cats in Summerset, or Artaeum. Not sure exactly, but they certainly drop them too.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946