Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wolfhunter offering anything new for werewolf players?

MaverickWerewolf
I feel certain this is a pointless question and the answer is no, but... I can't help but get my hopes up. I originally pre-ordered ESO back when based solely on the werewolves, because I've always loved the werewolves in Elder Scrolls games. The ESO werewolves didn't let me down. I love them and all their mechanics.

So while I'm incredibly excited for this DLC (and to see Hircine get another appearance in ESO), and all of the art is amazing, I'm still kind of anxious about how this seems to offer no goodies for actual werewolf players.

Will we get anything? A new werewolf model, like the one seen in the promotional Wolfhunter art? Taking it a step further, werewolf form customization, maybe? Just a little, picking different color combinations and appearance options? I know that's dreaming, but I wanted to throw it out there.

If nothing else, could we at least get a size change for the werewolf model, based on your race and height if not some other customization choice?
(Because my friend's tiny Bosmer girl turning into a werewolf the same size as my max height Nord, who literally shrinks when he shifts, will never not be... strange.)

Will amazing new werewolf models be added while players are stuck with the old ones? I'm just getting a little concerned, I guess.
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was just announced, how is anyone supposed to know anything. I wouldn't get my hopes up and conjure up a list of what to expect/requests only to be severely disappointed and receive nothing at all.
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolves now deal oblivion damage?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're forgetting the obvious, @MaverickWerewolf ...

There's a high chance of obtaining new gear sets that synergize with Werewolf. That should make your character stronger and make you more eager to play.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just wish theyd make werewolf a viable thing for both pve and pvp cause god their useless right now unless you spec into tankier than heck
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A new skin for the transformed state would be neat. Especially if it let you turn into a wereboar or something (yes I know the DLC promo stuff is all focusing on werewolves). They probably won't do it because non-werewolves couldn't use it though. :( And if they did it's likely going to be the hardmode/no-death/speed achievement prize and inaccessible to most of us anyway.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • MaverickWerewolf
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    i just wish theyd make werewolf a viable thing for both pve and pvp cause god their useless right now unless you spec into tankier than heck
    *shrug* I seem to do quite well, but then I'm not doing trials or any PVP. And I also am specced tankier than heck, so that may be helping. >.>
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knowledge wrote: »
    Werewolves now deal oblivion damage?

Okay, @Knowledge, you win this round; that was legitimately funny.
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see WW toggle, idc what they do to the form because I only use it for the passive.
    Master Debater
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new skin for the transformed state would be neat. Especially if it let you turn into a wereboar or something (yes I know the DLC promo stuff is all focusing on werewolves). They probably won't do it because non-werewolves couldn't use it though. :( And if they did it's likely going to be the hardmode/no-death/speed achievement prize and inaccessible to most of us anyway.

Yeah, wereboars or werebears would be cool. No necessarily with this patch, but it would be neat to start seeing some of the other lycanthrope breeds popping up in the game. Amazing if they were playable, but difficult to obtain. But, still it'd be cool to run across them anyway.
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭

Another thing making them useless is the inability to res other players. I had to stop using WW because of that :(
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What if played right in pvp you'll 2 shot anyone... Its just rare to see people play them correctly.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WW is a joke in PVE .
  • LapisLazuli99
    LapisLazuli99
    ✭✭✭
    I think best hopes would be for sets that offer good werewolf synergy?
    Xbox One - NA
    GT - Lapis Lazuli 99

AD - Orc Dragonknight
    AD - Breton Sorcerer
    AD - High Elf Nightblade
    AD - High Elf Templar
    AD - Wood Elf Warden
    AD - Khajiit Necromancer
    AD - High Elf Arcanist
  • Argonianwerecroc212
    I hope we get werelions werecrocodiles werebears and wereboars
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would be surprised and appalled if they didn’t do the balance pass we’ve been promised forever—WW included.
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seeing how it's a dungeon DLC i would not get your hopes up for WW changes at the most you might get a new set that helps WW'S