Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Slayer of ESO's Economy - We need you ZOS!

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, that's what private messages are for, same as not publishing an exploit, etc.

Have a share in the ad revenue, do you?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, that's what private messages are for, same as not publishing an exploit, etc.

Have a share in the ad revenue, do you?

Guess you didn't even read the thread.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd bet that the people using that system, aren't really participating much in the standard Guild Vendor Economy to start with. (if they were, why would they bother with that mod, after all).

So, I can't see it having much effect on the regular economy. /shrug

Yeah, rarely do good sellers complain about trade guilds or the trading system. The ones that complain about it are most often the small fries who don't really want to try and get kicked for pitiful sales because it cuts into their pvping time or what not. Now here is going to come someone saying they sell tons every week in a guild with no standards. Well here is a unicorn sticker for that person for being such a rare special case, because the reason the guilds in the best spots all have minimum standards is because they make room to get the best sellers on their roster they can because the best sellers want the best locations. Like it or not there are plenty of people that don't want an even playing field. They want their goods to be front and center. They like it competitive and they'll do what they can to keep it that way and plan on winning.

Even playing field? Every single day that I play this game I see advertisements for trading guilds in major cities. Literally every single day. As I posted before, most guilds are perfectly happy with a measly 10k-ish purchase of raffle tickets every week. Haven't seen a guild advertising requesting more than that in a long time. If someone can't afford that then they don't need one.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Walting
    Walting
    ✭✭✭
    Today i have been receiving four mails so far with the Subject "Nirn Auction House Order"

I did not order anything
    I do not know any of these people
    All sent random stuff with a huge C.O.D. fee

Feels like scam to me.

/edit: I do not use the addon
    Edited by Walting on April 6, 2018 6:19PM
  • ZeuZLoD
    ZeuZLoD
    Someone needs to develop a system kind of like how PoE has with poexyz and trading. Cool if you play all day long and like the current trading system so be it. Give me a search function to where I can go to that specific trader to buy what I need instead of running around blindly.
    Edited by ZeuZLoD on April 7, 2018 10:43AM
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    i like this addon so far
    thanks OP
  • SainguinKrist
    SainguinKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Way to go full Streisand Effect. By telling people not to use this addon, you insured it's use.

2) Anyone scoffing about malware as some kind of con is probably using TTC and forgetting about that little .exe we all gotta run ;)

3) Shut up. It's an addon. They come and go. They aren't breaking the ToS, at least not yet. Til then let them make their addon. Someone is putting hard work into this and some people are really enjoying it.

Later taters.
    Edited by SainguinKrist on April 12, 2018 12:27PM
    I have characters that have classes.

I'm not sure what their names are.

Leader of Casual Filth, a proudly LGBT+ led and friendly social guild.
  • Doombug
    Doombug
    ✭✭
    Arguing about this is pointless neither side is willing to change their point of view and neither side even wants to listen, both just want others to agree with them. All I see is a bunch of close minded people trying to scare others into not using this add-on by trying to say it Malware which is a baseless accusation.

Malware, short for malicious software, is an umbrella term used to refer to a variety of forms of hostile or intrusive software,[1] including computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, spyware, adware, scareware, and other intentionally harmful programs.

Please explain how this add-on is any of those things and how exactly it does so.

"If fighting doesn't solve your problems, you simply haven't killed enough people yet"
    "learn the countless steps to life's silent symphony"
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transparency is not “destroying the economy”. I get one wouldn’t like it as a seller. But apart from the bad UI, transparency is something the guild store system is sorely missing.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Transparency and perfect information are the goals of economic action.

These tools can players get trades at eye level, a thing that does not exist IRL. Nevertheless, it should.
  • Danny_UK
    Danny_UK
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind it, if you are trying to force ZOS to disable it then you might as well disable every other mod out there, you wouldn't want that now would you?

You can't have it both ways in having some mods and not having others. If alot of people are using (which I am not) then that shows you that people are in favour of having a global auction house in game. If they don't use it then there isn't a problem as it won't do very well.

I originally liked the idea of an auction house because I used to play WoW but I'm unsure about it now.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danny_UK wrote: »
    I don't mind it, if you are trying to force ZOS to disable it then you might as well disable every other mod out there, you wouldn't want that now would you?

You can't have it both ways in having some mods and not having others. If alot of people are using (which I am not) then that shows you that people are in favour of having a global auction house in game. If they don't use it then there isn't a problem as it won't do very well.

I originally liked the idea of an auction house because I used to play WoW but I'm unsure about it now.

well Miat's addon had to be changed to stay
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walting wrote: »
    Today i have been receiving four mails so far with the Subject "Nirn Auction House Order"

I did not order anything
    I do not know any of these people
    All sent random stuff with a huge C.O.D. fee

Feels like scam to me.

/edit: I do not use the addon

Yah that would be people hoping you just accept the mail without looking at it. Nothing to do with the addon itself of course, just people hoping to trick you, most likely gold sellers.

I wonder if that's also possible with stuff like "Rewards of the Worthy". I usually just click to accept that stuff rather quickly, maybe I should pay more attention.
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fear-mongering of this post is hilarious.

I use this, it's not malware, the exe does nothing other than what it's supposed to. don't like it, don't use it. The guild trader system is a flawed setup.

Guilds with limited # of members.
    Have to pay exorbitant amounts of gold to have shops in prime areas.
    Have to hunt around to find anything of value.

The system wouldn't be so bad if:
    non-guild players could sell stuff on guild shops, but the "listing fee" was sent to the guild masters instead of an NPC (like in other games).
    There were trader kiosks that could list all the trades available in the game and (maybe) just have the location so you had to go to that specific guild trader spot and buy it.
  • EnviousCardio
    "Truly not meaning to sound rude or anything, sorry if it comes off that way, but...

Who cares?
    Other than the trade guilds?
    Besides, those players could use this system along with what they have already.

Seriously, though, something like this can only help improve ESO's trade system....
    The game should have had a universal single entity trading system since the game went live.
    What we have in ESO is a step backwards in MMO trade systems.

As far as I am concerned ESO's trade system is junk.
    I have ALWAYS hated it.
    In other MMOs I buy stuff off the auction house regularly. In ESO I do not buy anything.
    I ignore the guild traders. Well, except I steal everything I can from them quite often.
    Seems it more discourages community trading than encourages it.
    One can't help but think this system limits traders abilities to make more money.

I have high hopes for an addon like this.

Here are some of the things I find to be just plain wrong.

You can't sell stuff in an auction unless you belong to a guild? -Bad...
    A guild has to have a minimum number of members to have a trader? -Bad...
    You have to bid on a trader location in order to get a good spot to sell stuff? -Bad...
    Your sales will be looow due to bad trader location? -Bad...
    If you want to do reliable trading you need to be in a big trading guild? -Bad...
    No price comparisons server wide? -Bad...
    You have to travel all over the place to see traders and compare prices? --OMG! BAD...
    You have to rely upon a non ESO website to track game wide prices? -Wrong in so many ways.
    You have to rely upon a non ESO addon to do what a game wide auction system would do? -Triple Dog Bad.

Play the game for the fun content? Not a trader at heart? Forget getting a guild that has a good trader location. Thus your sales opportunities will be small. Trust me, been there...
    Want to sell stuff to others, but don't play every day and sell a ton of stuff? Forget getting in a guild with a good trader location....they don't want you.
    Don't want to be in a guild that charges 5 or 6 digit dues monthly, even weekly, so they can pay for the bids to keep their trader location? Can't afford that fee? They don't want you.
    Due to real life you can't log in every day for auction manipulation and mandatory attendance --- because you can't play every day? They don't want you.
    You can't sell the minimum required $$ value per month (per week in some guilds) because you actually enjoy the content? You guessed it, they don't want you.
    Are you a casual player that wants to take advantage of the ability to sell stuff to other players without using chat channels to sell it? Good luck, ESO's system is not designed for you.

Sadly ESO's trader system favors those people who love to be a trader in an MMO. It does not favor the rest of the player base. Which could be slightly detrimental to the trader people.
    I have no problem with people who get their enjoyment from being a trader. Everyone has their favorite play mode and style. I see nothing wrong with their play style.

People should be able to sell stuff via auction without having to deal with the trader guild membership rules, requirements, and song & dance. Addons like this one are a step in the right direction.

ESO's trader system needs a serious overhaul."

;)
  • EnviousCardio
    Also, thanks for the link! Downloads have doubled. :hushed:
  • Krayor
    Krayor
    ✭✭✭
    So a system so atrocious that someone not only went though the trouble of coding LUA in an add-on to solve it, but also went though the trouble to create and maintain a server, write a program to allow players to access that server through the game UI, in order to provide a function that should've been in the game in the first place. That's gaining popularity despite some of the inconveniences surrounding is, such as needing to reload the UI everytime it's accessed. But that is still considered more convenient than the built in system in the game?

That's when you know you need to go back to the drawing board.
    The ESO Economy screams, "major afterthought with little effort put into it!"
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting actually! Ill be using this now
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started using this addon for about 3 or 4 months and have not had any problems with it.
    I use it mainly to sell stuff that I do not have room for in my Guild Traders.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.